SU Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SU Game thread

We need to help those who may still be doubters (there are many) appreciate the magnitude of this win.

Southern is a well established DIAA FB program. They won the SWAC last year with an 8-0 record. They have won the SWAC multiple times in the last 10 years.

Those with doubts need to check out the posts in this thread as we talked about this game.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1087666956

I am switching back over to the Southern broadcast to listen to the post-game. Again, we need our own.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Got a link for the southern broadcast?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.i-55.com/wrbhlive/wrbh.asx

Comment

Thanks

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here is the link to ESPN. I just feel giddy when I see a boxscore on ESPN with SDSU defeating Southern!!! Maybe my wife is right, there really is something wrong with me. I wonder when they will get the stats, schedules and stadings back up? I see UNC, SUU, etc... have these and we use to. I hope they come back soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreb...&confId=43
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It took them a while to get UNC box score up today

Comment

ESPN has the box score posted

This is from SDSU school web site

Jackrabbits top Southern

South Dakota State rallied from a two-touchdown deficit to defeat Southern (La.) 31-24 Saturday in Baton Rouge, La..

The Jackrabbits, who trailed 21-7 in the second quarter, held Southern to a field goal in the second half. SDSU scored the game-winning touchdown on a 10-yard pass from Brad Nelson to Greg Peitz with just over three minutes to play.

Nelson completed 19-of-30 passes for 223 yards and four touchdowns. Josh Davis caught 12 passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns, and Anthony Watson added 110 yards rushing on 27 carries.

With the win, SDSU improved to 3-1 on the season. The Jackrabbits return to Great West Football Conference play Oct. 2 at Cal Poly.

Comment

It sure would be awesome to see some video highlights of this one.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

video highlights are available at

http://wafb.com

link onto sports page and click onto saturdays Saturdays sports .

Comment

I couldn't get to the highlights via that navigation, but, I did find it roundabout. I went to the sports, then to the lower right where it says feature video, and clicked on the Southern 2004 Quest for perfection. When that loads, there are other featured broadcasts...one being the Saturday night sportscast.

Notice, if you will, that the Southern upset was given headline over the LSU victory.

"I guess the lesson is, don't make fun of the name."

GO JACKS.

Comment

And just because I was curious, I took a look at the Sunday broadcast. More airtime on Sunday, folks...and more reaction to the shocking upset.

According to coach, SU had opportunities early to make it a blowout. Water off the back, I say...especially after that great shot of Brad executing in victory formation.

More comforting news from Brookings...Stig and the gang held a "stay humble" practice on Sunday - a longer-than-normal day-after-game practice with a bit-more-than-usual conditioning session.

And this may belong on the smack board, but, I don't post here often enough to get the rules down...I love that the news of this upset came on the same day that the U takes on their first actual challenge of the season, and are shipped back to Vermillion with an L. South Dakota's Team my patoot.

Comment

Just to add my thoughts on the game. This was the best SDSU game I have ever seen. The guys played outstandingly well. The coaches made some great adjustments and the played excited.

Late, when the game was on the line, the Rabbits just kept making big play after big play. It was a thing of beauty. Nelson was cool under pressure, Davis kept pulling the ball in, Watson ran like a man on a mission, and the defense just kept holding the Jags back.

Congradulations to the team on what has to be the biggest win of the modern era. I think everyone now knows that SDSU is for real.

I met and talked with Anthony Watson's mom after the game. What a great lady. She has so much energy. I also wanted to thank Keith, Rob, Dana, Ron, the team, coaches, fans (both ours and theirs), and Jackrabbit family members for a tremendous time. Hope to see most of you again at the Beef Bowl (I figure Blue Dog and the rest of the Jaguar Nation will have something else to do that weekend, so they probably won't be there)! Anyway, GREAT win something for us to build on. Everyone enjoy it, it was fantastic!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X