An honest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An honest question

People dwell on the decision to move up just as they continue to dwell on matters pertaining to USD.

The decision was made and there will be no going back. But there are still people who don't understand why the move was made, either through lack of understanding or lack of information. That's my point.

After 100+ years of having something one way and then changing things people will question it.

Let me try this. Say for example you ate Corn Flakes every day for breakfast for the past 20 years, then your wife tells you for a couple years she's going to switch you to Cheerios but her reasoning isn't real clear. Then she makes the switch, and won't allow you to have Corn Flakes. Chances are you're still going to want Corn Flakes and will continue to ask why she switched you to Cheerios and maybe will even skip breakfast on occasion because you're unhappy about the Cheerios. Corn Flakes is DII, Cheerios is DI. Some people still don't understand why the change was made. Therefore people will have their Cheerios, but won't be happy about it because they still don't understand it.

I'll counter my own statement, USD is Corn Flakes so you could have them. Yes, but they're not in your kitchen. Do you want to go to someone else's kitchen for breakfast when you can just stay in your own.

Holy crap, I've resorted to cereal to make a point that no one will understand anyway. I gotta get out of here for a while.

Comment

Now THAT is funny!

Comment

Catch em All:

You should have taken some time to come to the tent after the game. 89rabbit was there as well as a few other posters on the board.

The tent idea after the game is a new idea that seems to be working.  Coaches are accessible and I asked my share of questions.  Not having your playing experience, I may not have asked the right questions. I may also have not heard the stated answers correctly, but your point about losing momentum by changing QB is a very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
          89: Nice job of turning this thread to be about me, and nice job of assuming stuff you don't know!

Not that it is any of your business, but I will tell you that I did not attend the game Saturday because 3 close friends of mine got inducted into the South Dakota Amatuer Baseball Hall of Fame that evening. I chose friendship over institutions. Sue me.
          They are welcome in Lake Norden.  Nice to see a great guy like Rick Weber (one of my idols as a teenager) receive the Ralph Ginn award.  He will soon be in the Hall if he isn't already.

Don't know how to reply to the mixed-cereal (or should it be cereal-mixed) metaphor.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
            89: Nice job of turning this thread to be about me, and nice job of assuming stuff you don't know!

Not that it is any of your business, but I will tell you that I did not attend the game Saturday because 3 close friends of mine got inducted into the South Dakota Amatuer Baseball Hall of Fame that evening. I chose friendship over institutions. Sue me.
            Mike,

I never said that you went to the Dome this weekend. To be honest I thought USD's game was in Mankato this weekend.  You have told us on this board that you went to the Augie vs USD game and you also told us that you went to an early game (I can't remember which one) because you said the scoreboards where great.  Thus you have been to two USD games and no SDSU games.  Information that you provided on this board.

Hope you had a great time at the Amatuer Baseball Hall of Fame.  I know you are passionate about SD amatuer baseball.  

Go State!

Comment

CatchEm,

What specific questions do you have about the move?  Not saying I know the answers but I will take my best shot at it.  I also agree with SDSUFAN about the after game socials for Jackrabbit Club members.  They are especially great for out of state alums/fans like myself.  It allows me to talk to many folks that I otherwise would not have access to.  Ton of information is available straight from the source at these events.

89rabbit

Comment

Hey, I like that analogy, Catchemallguy !

Except that suppose instead of Corn Flakes, you use Lucky Charms as the old cereal.

Let's say Lucky Charms starts out as a good cereal. However, over time the folks who make Lucky Charms decide to change things. First, they get rid of the pink hearts. Then a couple years pass and they decide to get rid of the yellow moons. A couple years later, they ditch the orange stars. And then a couple more years pass and they get rid of the green clovers. Just too expensive to have all those marshmallows. They replace them with little dried lumps of tofu. Soon there's grumblings that they're going to replace the sugar with "sugar substitute" and the 2% milk with watered-down skim.

You look down at your bowl of lumpy oat shapes and tofu filler gradually turning into a brown sloggy mess and decide that maybe it's time for a new cereal -  Lucky Charms just ain't Lucky Charms anymore.

You shop around and find that there is another product out there called Super Charms. It not only has those yellow moons, orange stars, pink hearts and green clover that you used to like so much, but its also has colorful marshmallow horseshoes, pots of gold, rainbows, and balloons. Sure it might be more expensive but at least it's appetizing. After much debate, you decide to switch cereals even though you feel some brand loyalty to the old Lucky Charms.

Since then people keep asking you, "Why did you stop eating Lucky Charms? You used to love it so much."

You say, "Man, it might be called Lucky Charms, but it is NOT the same thing as the old Lucky Charms. Super Charms is what Lucky Charms used to be - plus a little bit more."

Comment

I need to go to Chatboards annonymous.

Tony wins. Nice take on the cereal theory.

I don't have any questions. That wasn't why I said what I did. Trust me when I say I know plenty about the move. I've also been a supporter of the move from day one.

I think the socials are a great idea. I didn't attend Saturday's because I don't fit the stated profile of those who are invited. While I could have attended without anyone questioning if I "qualify", I chose not to because I haven't met the standard yet.

Comment

89: Been there once. Did not go to Dakota Days because a family situation came up. Anything else you would like to know?

Comment

Thanks for the correction. Did you get enough info from the group? Have a nice night.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Good stuff from those that stayed on topic. I was surprised I got as many responses as I did after you told folks not to post. I also got a ton of interesting emails and messages.

Comment

See I am just one little Jackrabbit doing battle with the "evil" Sioux Falls media (although I think Chris Salari thinks I am ok).    I have no sway, I have no minions.  There is no vast Jackrabbit Nation conspiracy.  Just a bunch of fans who love their school and teams.  You have nothing to fear from them or me!    ;D

We all said about the same thing, some better then others and most better then me.  Anyone, talking about the Dakota Marker game in Sioux Falls yet?  Or are you executing your assigned duties?   ;D

By the way what do you think about the Jackrabbits being ranked in the top 25 of I-AA? Not bad huh? 8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Let me take a crack at the cereal stuff...now, my post is best read aloud.

Did you hear about the Argus writer found drowned in his bathtub? It was filled with milk and Cheerios. Cops figure it was the work of a cereal killer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

They are welcome in Lake Norden. Nice to see a great guy like Rick Weber (one of my idols as a teenager) receive the Ralph Ginn award. He will soon be in the Hall if he isn't already.

Don't know how to reply to the mixed-cereal (or should it be cereal-mixed) metaphor.

Not that it has anything to do with what we're talking about (hard to figure what this thread is really about) I once fouled Rick Weber so hard in a basketball game I thought I broke his leg. I was an awful bballplayer, so I chose the life of a goon. The horrible truth is out.

Comment

Working...
                              X