SDSU-MONTANA STATE GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU-MONTANA STATE GAME THREAD

Almost 1300 views and over 250 posts during a football game. Wow!

Comment

great come back try against MSU, but we need to score on all oppurtunities next week if we want to challenge GSU.

Comment

Good game Jacks. You made a hell of a run. I wish you had made a liar out of me in predicting who would win.... :-/

Comment

I for one am not disappointed with our showing. I think we finally got a staff who knows how to put a good game plan together and sticks to it to the end and got the guys believing in what we are doing. A missed field goal just before half, not converting on a turnover and a host of plays that would have gone just the other way a bit and SDSU is smiling ;D. Bring on the Eagles.

Comment

Not a win, but I am proud of the Jacks. They hung with last years Big Sky Champion and a team that made the I-AA Playoffs. I just wish we could have pulled this one out.

Comment

I agree. It would have been another high in this season of highs. I have heard that because of the good performance of the FB team that the Big Sky confrence is seriously considrering SDSU and NDSU for confrence membership next year. If we can pull out antother big win or two this year, plus if BB does well it would be very good for SDSU. It just goes to show how good the old NCC was because we can play with the best of the 1AA schools with D2 athletes.

Comment

Just one more note on the game...
                We had to wait about an hour in the plane waiting to be de-iced!
                The Jacks are showing great heart and guts in these games. Playing all these good teams on the road is tough. The coaches are working very hard to help the players be in the right spots to make the plays...and they are making most of them.
                It would have been very easy toward the end of the game to decide they were cold, wet and tired and just let the clock run out....but they didn't do that and pushed Montana State to the limit.
                A coach (who is now selling insurance!) once told me...."there are no moral victories." That may be true, but you can tell a lot about a person, or a team, by how they handle adversity. By the looks of the remaining schedule, there will be plenty of that on the horizon, but each week builds toward the next, and if hard work and determination mean anything, then the ball should bounce the Jacks way before the end of the season.

Comment

Excellent performance by the Jacks. As the cliche goes, we scored too soon. Doesn't matter, point is we tied the game and had a shot to win with a 2-point conversion or in OT.

Anyone have any opinions regarding going for 2-points on the road? I understand we lose right there if we don't get it. Even if we go for 2 they get the ball back, kick the FG and beat us, so its not relevant here but may be applicable in the future. Maybe if there had been less time on the clock (under 10 seconds) going for 2 makes more sense.

Regardless, I want to congratulate the team on a great effort and wish them the best of luck on the road in Georgia.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X