Bright Future for SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bright Future for SDSU

Getting whipped pretty badly by GSU at Statesboro is not unique to our 1AA opponents. We have a reputation of winning in "our house" and are proud of it. Now that the Jackrabbits have experienced it first hand, start your own tradition at YOUR house! We appreciate SDSU coming down and from all I saw the Jackrabbit team and fans are a class act. Best wishes for the rest of the season.. ;D

Comment

Here is a response on our board from one of the bus drivers that picked up the SDSU Team.

The coaches really thought they had a good chance of beating us. They had lost 3 close games to Top 25 teams. After the game I think they were shocked, to say the least. One coach promised me that next year the field in Brookings will have 6"grass covered in 5" of snow!

One interesting piece of info........I asked a coach about the Great West Conference and if they were going to add any new members. He said there is a lot of talk about the Big Sky taking in the Great West next year and making two divisions, with a division championship game. (like the SEC) Interesting.......................

I am glad we played well and won big. But I have to be honest and say that the attitude and focus of the Jackrabbits has made me have MUCH MUCH MUCH respect for South Dakota State Univeristy and their coaching staff. This group is a REAL CLASS ACT!

I met several Rabbit fans........one was from Macon, Ga. His wife was a graduate from SDSU. The other was a graduate of Georgia Southern who moved to South Dakota and his son played in the game for SDSU.

You Rabbits have a class act for a Team and the score doesn't reflect their playing ability. I look forward to making the trip to Brooksing next year. It was recommendned to us that maybe some of you Rabbit fans could sponsor a pheasant hunt. You could bet a lot of Eagle sportsman will make the trip for the game.

Have a great season the rest of the way. Your Team is nothing but class.

Comment

I can say that I feel most GSU fans have class. And it sounds like thier football team does as well. However, if Wesley_4024 decides to make the trip to SDSU next year I have directions for him. When you arrive in Sx Falls, drive South about an hour the head 7 miles west to a town called Vermillion. You'll fit right in with the class acts down there ;D

Comment

When I come to South Dakota, I plan to try and locate a family I met when I was there in the 70's. They were the most wonderful people and they sure made a southern boy feel welcome.

Was the first time I had ever seen it that cold or that much snow. Brrrrrrrrr.

Ramona was a small town then and I don't believe it has grown that much from what I have heard.

Comment

Eagle Gus-2:

I know where the town Ramona is located, but know few people from that town.  As you may recall Ramona is located North of Madison, South Dakota and off a few miles from US 81.

Ramona has NOT landed a 3M plant or something like that in terms of economic development  so you will find Ramona much like you left it 1970's. Some of these very small towns have lost families that were there back in 1970's.  What keeps the towns in that area alive is the industrial base in Brookings, Madison and even Sioux Falls. You probably have job holders who commute daily living in Ramona, and maybe there will be some new people, but hopefully there are also old families that have been their for several generations.

If you still have their name, someone in Ramona will know their whereabouts and maybe their whole family history. I am sure they will help you reconnect, might even drive you up to their house.  Small towns in SD are that way as you would probably find in Georgia too.

Comment

The GSU forum is full of compliments for our SDSU players, coaches, and fans. Makes one proud to be a SDSU alum.

There is a post on there regarding the pregame practices for SDSU. The Dakotronics scoreboard continuously played highlights from GSU games. The posts on their forum does not mention the irony that their Scoreboard was made at Daktronics in Brookings, SD, one mile from SDSU campus.

Comment

If our fans seemed kind of arrogant and brave in predicting an upset, its because many South Dakota doubters of SDSU move to D1AA have told us that we would be lucky to win three games this year. Well we did not beat GSU, but we have won 4 games and played two others very close. This is beyond anyone's expectations with only 38 scholarships. I only had our radio voices from WNAX to depend on and they are not "homers" by any means, and they felt SDSU did not play all that bad, its just the depth and quality of athletes that they faced.

If your fans were not behind your team and you exceped that you would be beat I would have no respect for you. The point is when GSU goes into a matchup with an school 1a or 1aa we beleave we will win untill proven otherwise. I would not have wanted to play a team that thought they didnt have a chance at winning and played all 4 periods. Maybe thats why we picked you up on our schedule.
                Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                www.gsufans.com

Comment

speaking of which, our Daktronics scoreboard is darn good. i love that thing. got it last year and this year we are able to have live action and replay capibilities even when the games are not televised.  

Comment

What the real irony is is that next year when GSU visits SDSU there will not be a nice Daktronics (located 1 mile from SDSU campus) videoboard to enjoy live replays on.  :-/

Comment

Originally posted by g_mandakota
                      The GSU forum is full of compliments for our SDSU players, coaches, and fans.  Makes one proud to be a SDSU alum.

There is a post on there regarding the pregame practices for SDSU.  The Dakotronics scoreboard continuously played highlights from GSU games.  The posts on their forum does not mention the irony that their Scoreboard was made at Daktronics in Brookings, SD, one mile from SDSU campus.
                      I did not know that. By the way, the post was mine. It was not meant as an insult or to suggest your players were starstruck. It made me feel proud that someone acknowleged our success.

Comment

I am very impressed with the fans of I-AA. Win or lose most are outstanding people. The majority of the GSU fans have been gracious in victory. We have even seen examples of fans who where gracious in defeat. Remember Blue Dog from Southern University (by the way Southern has not lost a game since we beat them, they are 7-2 overall and 5-0 in the SWAC, way to go Jags).

It has been a pleasure to compete and converses with the overwhelming majority. Something that was seldom the case with many of our previous foes. This only adds to my belief that we are right where we should be.

Go State! ;D

Comment

wow, glad to see i'm so appreciated around here.
                          So many posts about me, I feel special. There is nothing wrong with hoping your team does well against a premier opponent, hell I hoped we would get beat by less than 28 vs UGA but I never thought it would happen. What lit my fire was the posts back to me telling me they didn't think GSU could play with top 25 teams in I-A. Its like this, if you're going to attack my team, you better expect i'm going to say something about yours. Originally, I wasn't going to talk smack because you guys were a lot more respectful than SIU fans are but when your fans began doubting my team, it was on. Its all in good fun, dont get your britches in a wad. Ifyou cant talk smack in football, what sport can you talk smack in???? We dont care about hockey in the south. Again, if GSU wasn't being doubted by some of the SDSU fans on here, I would have praised SDSU for their gameplay because in all actuality, they played pretty good. They scored one, would have scored the second they fumbled on, and were stopped in the redzone on a pretty impressive drive. That would have equalled 21 points which would have been the 2nd most points scored on GSU all year behind UGA. Again, its all in good fun, good luck with the rest of the year, hope you guys can win out because everyone likes to see a underdog do well.

Comment

Would you believe my topic about the Video board was removed on our message board? ???

I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                              What the real irony is is that next year when GSU visits SDSU there will not be a nice Daktronics (located 1 mile from SDSU campus) videoboard to enjoy live replays on.  :-/
                              This really is unfortunate and can't be complained about enough. Hence my post.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It would be nice if the Daktronics people would help its local school. If someone would, please post a picture of your stadium on our message board. There is a site that has pictures of I-AA stadiiums but not all of them are good pictures and they may not have yours posted yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X