Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah

I think the coverage of SDSU in recent weeks has been outstanding. When you look at the big first page spread on Sunday covering our move to DI and then follow that up with features of the Men and Womens Basketball teams on Monday I'm sure this is getting under the craw of Augie and USD alum and fans around the state. The headlines and coverage are more impressive when you can read the print copies rather than the online version.

Comment

heard coach stig on a radio interview this morning. he was very hard on the officials for th SUU game. They must have been bad because it is not like him to rip the officials. he called them borderline dishonest. he said SDSU's missed field goal in the 3rd quarter was actually good. He did not know how the official missed the call - both SDSU's and SUU 's players thought it was good. He also mentioned the phantom touchdown in the 1st overtime. The official closest to the play was marking the call down while the official on the other side of the field signalled TD. Stig made a comment to the closest official - the official responded that it was strange for the other official to signal TD. Would sure like to see these 2 plays on replay.

Comment

It will be interesting to hear him on the Rabbit Report today.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This is my last post on the SUU game. The more I hear from people who were at the game the more I think we got robbed and that is to bad. >

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...87&page=25

Controversial overtime touchdown call hurts SDSU
          BY MIKE JOHNSON

CEDAR CITY, Utah — The Southern Utah Thunderbirds edged the South Dakota State Jackrabbits 23-17 Saturday in double overtime behind a stingy defense, a little-used fullback and a controversial overtime touchdown call.
          Gordon Reid ran in from seven yards out in the second overtime to give the Thunderbirds the victory. Reid, who before Saturday's game had only 16 carries through nine games, ran the ball 14 times for 84 yards.
          The call in question came in the first overtime, as the official farthest from the ball called a Southern Utah touchdown on fourth-and-goal from the one. The official ruled that quarterback Casey Rehrer crossed the plane of the goal line, but none of the officials close to the play made the call.
          "Our guys said there is no way that guy got in the endzone," head coach John Stiegelmeier said. "If that guy didn't get in the endzone, then I feel tremendously bad for our 95 guys that work their tails off every second," he said. . . .

Comment

Maybe the officials were Mormon....and I am not saying that tongue in cheek.... :-/

Comment

If that's the case, then he's got some 'splaining to do at the Pearly Gates. God's a Jackrabbit fan.

Comment

I've just lived out here long enough that I know how this goes some times.

Comment

Before the game WNAX said that all the Ref. were from Utah. :-/

Comment

Fact, shouldn't really matter in the long run. Nice showing by the Jacks and we all know who should have won, lets plan for revenge next year.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                      Before the game WNAX said that all the Ref. were from Utah.  :-/
                      Pretty sure the GWFC uses local refs to keep down travel expenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X