Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scholarships?

Originally posted by bisonguy
    I think SDSU is ahead of NDSU in terms of endowments.
    There is the heart of the matter.  SDSU is taking a more conservative approach to adding scholarships because they want them endowed.  NDSU has been more aggresive not being as concerned if they are endowed because they want to get to a 3 year avg. of 60 faster in a effort to land a I-A payday.  One might say that NDSU is rolling the dice a little more then SDSU.  Just two different approaches, that's all.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Should the endowment drive go better than expected would we see an acceleration of scholarships in football?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
        Should the endowment drive go better than expected would we see an acceleration of scholarships in football?
        Without a doubt an increase in fund raising beyond targets would increase football scholarships and it would happen as long as it would not throw the compliance to Title IX out of wack. I expect for each football scholarship their would be a women sports scholarship added, such as equestian which is starting next year, I believe.

I think in the equestian area we could see endowements from the horse industry and people who are horse lovers. From what little I have heard, the interest is out there for this sport, more so than Hockey and the investment in facilities is much less than it would be for hockey equipment and facilties.

When you drive into Sioux Falls from Brookings, from the Renner exit on into town, I have counted about 5 farms that board 30 or more horses. You can not tell me that city folks do not like horses, nor will they pooh pooph this sport. The interest is out there and alive. Adding theequestrian sport could provide the bump needed for football scholarships if that opens a new venue of interest in SDSU.

Comment

The title of this thread is scholarships so this may be a good time to mention the Jackrabbit/Ace Club. If you not presently a member of this club, now would be a good time to join. Call Juile at 605-688-6746 and she would get absolutely excited about welcoming you as the newest member of the Jackrabbit/Ace Club. In return you would receive a monthly update via email called Jacks Flash, season ticket priority, a copy of Rabbit Tracks and other incentives. If you are already a member then set a goal this year of getting two or three other Jackrabbit alumni or friends to join. The ripple effect of the Jackrabbit Fans who either post on this board or view this board could be substantial. If we really want our football and other sports scholarships to increase at a faster rate then let's have at it. We know the kids wearing the Blue and Yellow uniforms will appreciate it.

Go Jacks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKRP
            The title of this thread is scholarships so this may be a good time to mention the Jackrabbit/Ace Club. If you not presently a member of this club, now would be a good time to join. Call Juile at 605-688-6746 and she would get absolutely excited about welcoming you as the newest member of the Jackrabbit/Ace Club. In return you would receive a monthly update via email called Jacks Flash, season ticket priority, a copy of Rabbit Tracks and other incentives. If you are already a member then set a goal this year of getting two or three other Jackrabbit alumni or friends to join. The ripple effect of the Jackrabbit Fans who either post on this board or view this board could be substantial. If we really want our football and other sports scholarships to increase at a faster rate then let's have at it. We know the kids wearing the Blue and Yellow uniforms will appreciate it.

Go Jacks !!!
            Agreed, if your a Jacks fan and not a member of the Jackrabbit club you need to be. You can give as much or as little as you want and every bit counts.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X