Antonio Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Thompson

Roosevelt Junior football standout Antonio Thompson is 44-0 in wrestling and going for the state title most likely against O'Gorman's Josh Mahoney. Craig and Mike are in Rapid City covering the event. If anybody gets a chance to see this guy he is an absolute ripped 6'3 215 lbs and is getting a lot of interest from the better wrestling schools. I would like to see this big fullback in a Jacks football uniform as I think he will be considered the best athlete in the state as a senior next year if he isn't already. He is good hard working kid to boot!

Re: Antonio Thompson

The only catch there is that the fullback has not been an important part of the Jacks offensive plan in a loooooong time.

Comment

If we catch this guy lhe would probably instantly be one of the best athletes on the team and could play about anywhere. He won the 215 lb division at the state wrestling tournament by picking up his opponent over his head any gently laying down for a pin and finishing the season undefeated. If anyone saw the Sunday Sports page in the Argus he was on it and you could get a feel for the kind of physical speicmen this guy is.

Comment

I am not sure that I would be calling anyone who is 6'3" and only weighs 215 lbs. a physical specimin. I don't think you can ever make the claim about anyone instantly being one of the best athletes on the team. The jump between high school and college is to huge to make that assumption.

Comment

Anybody that can go 44-0 wrestling in South Dakota is a flat out stud, and if he weighs 215 now just put a couple years of maturity on him. I dont know if he is a good football player, but I bet the Jack's could find a place for him on the wrestling mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
            I am not sure that I would be calling anyone who is 6'3" and only weighs 215 lbs. a physical specimin.  I don't think you can ever make the claim about anyone instantly being one of the best athletes on the team.  The jump between high school and college is to huge to make that assumption.  
            Just curious, if a 6'3" 215 lbs. high school junior in South Dakota is not a physical specimin then what in your definition is. He's got another year to grow before even going to college. Does everyone have to weigh 250-260 to be a good football player?
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
              I am not sure that I would be calling anyone who is 6'3" and only weighs 215 lbs. a physical specimin.  I don't think you can ever make the claim about anyone instantly being one of the best athletes on the team.  The jump between high school and college is to huge to make that assumption.  
              I would challenge you to see this guy on the football field and the wrestling mat before you question whether he would be one of the Jacks best athletes. Honestly, we will probably lose him to an esstablished wrestling program like Iowa,Minnesota or Nebraska or a DI football program that would put him at linebacker. If Chad Greenway of Mount Vernon can go in and dominate like he has in the Big 10 than Antonio has that same potential and more. We don't see many kids in South Dakota this physically developed as a junior and should do everything we can to get him. I think at this point we should be getting the best athletes and then groom them where we need them.

Comment

I wish I weighed 215 as a junior in high school. Hell, I wish I weighed 215 as a sophmore in college! The good Dr. Corey Wulf (6'3&quot and I (6'4&quot were the skinny OLBs who were happy to make 215 by the time we were juniors in college.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                X