• Show
Clear All

Re: NCC may be Expanding

The NCAA has:

NDSU down for 17 (still impressive)

SDSU down for 8

UNC down for 2

Go State

Exactly my point. Mary, Northern, or for christ sake Killian can fully fund all the sports they want (even if they had the funds; Northern is having a hard time finacially funding the limited football they currently have) Point being, the NCC is a former shell for my generation, and will be even more so when UND leaves. Maybe my grandkids that will not remember the pre-defection, can get excited for a Sioux Falls College (sorry still look at it them that way), USD and Mary race as exciting, but I won't. On a sidenote has anyone else heard the rumor about Jerry Glanville throwing his name in the hat for the Northern FB job. I know this is a state board, but like the U, Northern doesn't have a site, and all of you seem to have knowledge of what is happening.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Jerry Glanville pursued the New Mexico St. job a while back. I would be stunned to see him pursue a job at Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing2.html

The NCAA has:

NDSU down for 17 (still impressive)

SDSU down for 8

UNC down for 2

Go State!  ;D

NDSU- NCAA college division national champions in football in 1965, 1968, and 1969 for a total of 20. ;D

It does appear that they are only including DII national championships. Looks pretty dismal that the current teams in the NCC only won 14 of those 43 national championships. :-/ Over two-thirds of the national championships are now held by teams that have moved to DI. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Augustana -1
        UNO- 4
        Mankato-3
        UND-4
        USD-2
        SCSU-0
        UMD-0
        SDSU-8
        NDSU-17
        UNC-2

Other members that have left:
        Morningside-0
        St. Thomas-0
        Creighton-0
        Michigan A&M-0
        Des Moines-0
        Northern Iowa-2

Comment

I agree that the ncc will never be what it once was but still disagree that it won't again be a powerful conference in 5 or 10 years when you get new programs fully funded and up to speed. It is about as fair as some of those people who come onto this site and say we can't compete long term when were are still only at 38 scholarships for fb and playing with d2 bb players. We will be competing well in five years in most if not all sports once we have a few recruiting classes and we get fully funded just as I assume the ncc will when they have the same chance to regroup that we need for sdsu.

Comment

UND and UNO will both depart the NCC within the next 3 years. I also think Augie will depart for the NSIC or drop down to NAIA or DIII. They are on record of being dead set against the football expansion to the west. What you have left is USD and the 3 Minnesota schools. I definitely see some kind of merger with the NSIC in the coming years.

Comment

Working...
            X