Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bears 2005 schedule

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

.  On one Saturday afternoon last year, your schedule included a game against SDSU.  On that date, SDSU defeated UNC.  Welcome to reality.
    I am not one for excuses, but as I have mentioned on earlier post on this website, I don't think the Bears were in it mentally. When our starting tailback learned at half-time of the SDSU game that his mother had passed away earlier in the day, I think it took the wind out of the sail for the Bears. I don't think their minds were completely in the game, football was probably the last thing they were thinking of. They were thinking of Andre and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

I am not one for excuses, but as I have mentioned on earlier post on this website, I don't think the Bears were in it mentally.  When our starting tailback learned at half-time of the SDSU game that his mother had passed away earlier in the day, I think it took the wind out of the sail for the Bears.  I don't think their minds were completely in the game, football was probably the last thing they were thinking of.  They were thinking of Andre and his family.
      Make it stop! I'm not one to make excuses but the whole team quit because of Andre's loss? The Jacks lost a team member to asthma in the middle of the season last year and still managed to finish the season. I doubt any of the UNC players would use this tragic incident as a reason they lost to the Jacks. Only the one who hates to make excuses would.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII

Make it stop! I'm not one to make excuses but the whole team quit because of Andre's loss? The Jacks lost a team member to asthma in the middle of the season last year and still managed to finish the season. I doubt any of the UNC players would use this tragic incident as a reason they lost to the Jacks. Only the one who hates to make excuses would.
        OK, JackguyII. I'll make it stop. Whatever you want man.

Comment

I am not one for excuses, but as I have mentioned on earlier post on this website, I don't think the Bears were in it mentally.  When our starting tailback learned at half-time of the SDSU game that his mother had passed away earlier in the day, I think it took the wind out of the sail for the Bears.  I don't think their minds were completely in the game, football was probably the last thing they were thinking of.  They were thinking of Andre and his family.
          The nice thing about football is that there will be another game this year and then another the year after that. We all get to take our shot at why one team beat the other, but it's the players who get to decide who's better on a given day.

uncbearsfan: I don't want to start a whole conference discussion here, but when will the Big Sky be deciding on UNC's admission? I'm frustrated that SDSU didn't get invited, but I do hope that UNC gets invited to join.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit

uncbearsfan: I don't want to start a whole conference discussion here, but when will the Big Sky be deciding on UNC's admission? I'm frustrated that SDSU didn't get invited, but I do hope that UNC gets invited to join.  
            We should know by May at the latest. I am not sure what are plan B is for UNC if we don't get in. Hopefully, we won't have to us it.

Comment

I am not one for excuses, but as I have mentioned on earlier post on this website, I don't think the Bears were in it mentally. When our starting tailback learned at half-time of the SDSU game that his mother had passed away earlier in the day, I think it took the wind out of the sail for the Bears. I don't think their minds were completely in the game, football was probably the last thing they were thinking of. They were thinking of Andre and his family.

What's your excuse for the 1st half then? SDSU pretty much had their way with UNC last year. While the score ended up being 14-7, it was not that close of a game.

SDSU needs to win a couple years in a row to help even out some of their more recent losses to the Bears though.

Comment

Working...
              X