Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway Conference

Originally posted by gojacksgo
    I think if one leaves, the other has to too, or something like that.  Or else they both have to stay.  I heard it is in some law in the legislature.  Anyone else heard that?
    I think that's right! I "heard" a guy from Montana say that on the WAC message board a few months.

Washington and Oklahoma has the same arrangement as well.

Comment

Montana had some very serious fiscal problems that got the AD fired. They now have former FB coach Read, acting as AD. I think the Montana Prez was thinking that Read with his popularity with alums and fans could put things back together. I dont know how well he as done to date.

A team that is drawing 23,000 for each home game should have enough revunue to invest in other sports than FB, but its a story for which I have no details other than the AD got fired for having a 2 million dollar budget deficit.

Egriz would be a good source as far as learning about what is going on. Go to the Bisonville.com page and click links and you will find their message board for what is going on at Montana. They have fans who seem to be knowledgeable about what is going on. Not so sure as they will air their dirty laundry on this matter, but it has to be about the only thing holding them back from D1A.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
        Montana had some very serious fiscal problems that got the AD fired.  They now have former FB coach Read, acting as AD. I think the Montana Prez was thinking that Read with his popularity with alums and fans could put things back together. I dont know how well he as done to date.

A team that is drawing 23,000 for each home game should have enough revunue to invest in other sports than FB, but its a story for which I have no details other than the AD got fired for having a 2 million dollar budget deficit.

Egriz would be a good source as far as learning about what is going on.  Go to the Bisonville.com page and click links and you will find their message board for what is going on at Montana.  They have fans who seem to be knowledgeable about what is going on. Not so sure as they will air their dirty laundry on this matter, but it has to be about the only thing holding them back from D1A.
        That's very interesting. I hope they stay for UNC's sake, but I will be happy just to find a good league for our sports regardless of who's in it. Go Bears!

Comment

Here is a link to a radio interview with Western Kentucky's AD.  He has some interesting thing to say about both WKU and Southern Ill. maybe moving to the MAC.  That would open up some spots in the Gateway Football Conference and would open up a spot in the Sun Belt and Missouri Valley.  Could start the dominos falling that might lead to a conference invitation for SDSU.  8)

http://www.topperfan.com/wku/media/selig.wma

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
          X