• Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Head Coaching Job

This makes more sense.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=3338

Glanville to join UH as defensive coordinator
    Dave Reardon
    dreardon@starbulletin.com

Former NFL head coach Jerry Glanville is joining the University of Hawaii football staff as defensive coordinator, two sources close to the situation told the Star-Bulletin today, confirming a local TV report last night and an ESPN.com online report today.
    Glanville and Warriors head coach June Jones — who was on Glanville’s staff with the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Oilers — were not available to comment this morning. But Glanville was seen at the UH football offices.  .  .  .

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      This makes more sense.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=3338

Glanville to join UH as defensive coordinator
      Dave Reardon
      dreardon@starbulletin.com

Former NFL head coach Jerry Glanville is joining the University of Hawaii football staff as defensive coordinator, two sources close to the situation told the Star-Bulletin today, confirming a local TV report last night and an ESPN.com online report today.
      Glanville and Warriors head coach June Jones — who was on Glanville’s staff with the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Oilers — were not available to comment this morning. But Glanville was seen at the UH football offices.  .  .  .

I can just picture Jerry doing the old "Ben Franklin Close" on that decision:

ABERDEEN SD?

HAWAII?

ABERDEEN SD?

HAWAII?

ABERDEEN SD?

HAWAII?

WHEW, That was a tough one! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Hahaha that's funny. You had to expect he would take a coordinator job at a not big D1 football school. I know Hawaii has had a couple good seasons here.

Comment

If anyone cares: (from Northern's web site)

Chris Boden Named 26th Head Football Coach at Northern State
          Released March 30, 2005

ABERDEEN, S.D. – Northern State University Athletic Director Bob Olson is proud to announce Chris Boden as the University’s 26th Head Football Coach in the program’s 100-year history. Boden comes to Northern State after one year as the offensive coordinator at Texas A & M University-Commerce and eight seasons at Valdosta State University (GA). Boden takes over for Ken Heupel who resigned on January 19th of this year.

“I am very proud and honored to be the next head football coach here at Northern State. The last fourteen years have been preparation to get me ready for this situation. I am excited for the challenge to build on the success that Northern State has had and the opportunity to take them to the next level,” said Boden.

“We are really excited to have a person of Coach Boden’s caliber take over our football program. He brings a great background to our program and he and his family will be a great fit for NSU and the Aberdeen community,” said Olson.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

26 coaches in 100 years? That seems like a lot.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              26 coaches in 100 years?  That seems like a lot.
              Especially when you consider that Clark Swisher was there from 1946-68 and Jim Kretchman was there from 1969-80. I think NSU had a lot of coaches early on that only coached for a year. I actually think that Bob Wachs coached for a year, during the Swisher era.
              How many coaches have SDSU had?

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Especially when you consider that Clark Swisher was there from 1946-68 and Jim Kretchman was there from 1969-80.  I think NSU had a lot of coaches early on that only coached for a year.  I actually think that Bob Wachs coached for a year, during the Swisher era.
                How many coaches have SDSU had?

Roughly 20 coaches over 125 years. 7 since 1947 and that includes one coach with a 1 year tenure and 1 with a 2 year tenure.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X