Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Executive Board News

From various news sources:

The NCAA D-I Board of Directors approved the proposal for I-A to play 12 games, and also passed a proposal that I-A teams can count one game vs. a I-AA opponent for bowl eligibility every year.

They also eased the I-A attendance rules from 15,000 actual attendance to average 15,000 tickets sold once every two years.

An increase in allowed scholarships was approved for women's sports (soccer, volleyball, track & field, and gymnastics).

Finally, they approved almost all of the package of women's basketball recruiting proposals put forward by the Women's Basketball Coaches Association. Not approved was recinding the "Pat Summitt rule" which would have prohibited college coaches from working for pro teams/leagues.

All in all, excellent news for SDSU, with the big news being that I-A schools will now be more likely to schedule a I-AA opponent, which should make it easier for SDSU to fill out a schedule with a money-making guarantee game (where we can be pummeled by Nebraska or Iowa, for instance).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: NCAA Executive Board News

Great minds think alike.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
    X