Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stadium

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum

I heard on the radio this morning that there are new scoreborads being installed for basketball and football.  They said what the total cost was but I don't remember for sure.  I am very excited about this.  The scoreboard was a point of embarassment for me.  I thought we had one of the best places to play in the NCC, but the scoreboard was VERY out-dated.
    There was a story about the scoreboards in the Brookings Register this week. It included some renderings (one tiny one now posted on the Register Web site). The boards look very impressive.

Here's the link:
    http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...74&page=23

Maybe somebody at the athletic department could email higher resolution images of the scoreboard renderings to 89rabbit so everyone could see them in all their glory, rather than the tiny thing on the Register site.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
      We do offer majors in landscape design and horticulture.  It seems like sprucing up around the stadium ought to be a no-brainer.
      One would think this department would be completing landscaping improvements all over campus as there are our fair share (if not more) of eyesores around campus. I don't believe it is as easy as this though, i thought i heard at one time the university has to officially hire a company to make major improvements or for different projects. Doesn't make much sense to me at all. It would be cheap labor, great experience for the students, and a way for the university to kill two birds with one stone.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

For the record it's now called "Landscape Architecture"

and yes, it does seem logical to have some of those students working on campus improvements.
        From what I understand Landscape Architecture is the next level above Landscape design and wasn't aware they offered it at State.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979

One would think this department would be completing landscaping improvements all over campus as there are our fair share (if not more) of eyesores around campus.  I don't believe it is as easy as this though, i thought i heard at one time the university has to officially hire a company to make major improvements or for different projects.  Doesn't make much sense to me at all.  It would be cheap labor, great experience for the students, and a way for the university to kill two birds with one stone.  
          Now that I am back in Brookings, I noticed that landscaping in some spots isn't what it used to be. That has to be a budget priorities issue. The good news is that the very public areas, like the two campus greens look very good. And I have noticed some efforts to fix some of the problem spots that aren't showplaces. That kind of work is very labor intensive (read as expensive) and I'm sure they're doing as much as they can.

Comment

I think the renovations for Coughlin Alumni should go somthing like this.

1. West side stands are repainted, resurfaced, and re-bleachered

2. Bleacher Seats on east side are replaced with permanant concrete stands. 10 or 15 more rows higher than what is currently the east side stands

3. New press box / locker-room building behind west side stands. The press box needs to be somthing fairly attractive but not too much bigger than what is already there. We dont need to over do it.

4. if we can fill Coughlin close to capacity and still have alot of ticket demand, then and only then would we put in permanant seats in the endzones. they would be concrete and about as high as what is the east side stands right now.

5. after most of the seating is finalized place a paved walkway around the stadium(with more access to the backyard)

.. ive just been really bored today but i drew up the layout of what this would look like on microsoft paint, but i cant figure out how to put images on these posts so if possible i would like to know how to do that.

Comment

Working...
            X