Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pictures of the Scoreboard project

Originally posted by Jacks_NL
    i was driving by cas today and they were taking down the old scoreboard today.  so i hope its ready by the first game there is season which is on the 2nd. the bobcats will play watertown on friday sep 2nd.
    Five minutes after I posted that, I drove over to a faculty event at the Performing Arts Center and, what do you know, the old scoreboard is gone.

Comment

When I saw the initial drawings on the size of the scoreboard, I was really impressed.  But when the first pics were being passed around and comparing it to the old one, this is going to be a great improvement for SDSU.  You will be amazed how fast the last of the install is.  We are building the controll equipment this week so they will probably test in the field next week before the 2nd.   ;D
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Was in Brookings yesterday, the scoreboard is going to be huge and very awesome. Lots of improvments going on. Signage on CAS is also impressive. Lots of activity going on....... A very exciting time to be a Jacks fan....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
          Was in Brookings yesterday, the scoreboard is going to be huge and very awesome. Lots of improvments going on. Signage on CAS is also impressive. Lots of activity going on....... A very exciting time to be a Jacks fan....

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!!
          I took a stroll around campus today. Yes, there are some very exciting projects going on. CAS is going to look much better with the additions being made there, the Student Union is incredible and Cadwell Hall looks impressive as well.

Comment

Any idea what the plans are for the old scoreboard? Could SDSU auction some of it (or all of it) at next year's Stan Marshall?

Comment

For some older boards, we end up taking them back so we can use the parts to repair the same type of boards for other customers. I don't know about the SDSU boards.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd bid on that board in hopes of attaching it to the garage. The Wauwatosa city board may have a problem with it, too, but what good is a law degree if you can't fight over putting a SDSU scoreboard on your garage?
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd bid on that board in hopes of attaching it to the garage.  The Wauwatosa city board may have a problem with it, too, but what good is a law degree if you can't fight over putting a SDSU scoreboard on your garage?  
                  That's excatly what I was thinking, I don't think my fiance (wife on 9/24) would appreciate having it attached to the garage or in the (my) backyard.

We just bought our first house and it was verbally agreed upon before the purchase that I could have 1 of the bedrooms be my "Jackrabbit" room. She has recently told me that I can't do this. MJA, what type of legal recourse can I take?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

We just bought our first house and it was verbally agreed upon before the purchase that I could have 1 of the bedrooms be my "Jackrabbit" room.  She has recently told me that I can't do this.  MJA, what type of legal recourse can I take?
                    Bribery usually works.

Either do something special for her, or spend money on a thoughtful gift or night on the town, then when she's in a good mood say something like, "Hey <insert pet name of choice>, remember when you said I could have that Jackrabbit room in the new house? Well, I just found some great yellow and blue paint at Home Depot, and there's a bunch of cool stuff at the SDSU bookstore that would look great on the walls. Whaddya say we start working on it this weekend.?"

If that doesn't work, have her spend a weekend out of town with friends, relatives, etc., and then just do up the room when she's gone. When she gets back, just enthusiastically proclaim," Look <insert pet name of choice>, I did an Extreme Makeover Home Edition by myself!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

That's excatly what I was thinking, I don't think my fiance (wife on 9/24) would appreciate having it attached to the garage or in the (my) backyard.  

We just bought our first house and it was verbally agreed upon before the purchase that I could have 1 of the bedrooms be my "Jackrabbit" room.  She has recently told me that I can't do this.  MJA, what type of legal recourse can I take?
                      Stand firm, if you back down on something this important, what in the future can you ever hold your ground on? If nothing else works, pull the guilt trip on her, "Honey, you promised me! How can I trust you if you already are breaking promises?"

No guarantees on this advice because in my household it would backfire horribly. I would just do the room in Jacks stuff and when she complains simply state, "Next time you better think before you promise me something."

As for legal advice, this one isn't worth the cost of fighting over. Remember the three costs for any project:
                      1. The you pay for of the project,
                      2. The price you tell her you paid for the project, and
                      3. The price you pay when she finds out the true cost of the project

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Not to rub salt in an open wound but my wife did my office in our house in an SDSU theme while I was away on a business trip to surprise me. She even had an artist friend of her's hand draw and paint the Campanile on one of the walls. The whole room looks great. So my advice is try the old line "all the other guys have SDSU rooms in their homes".

Go State! ;D

Comment

Drove by the field again today (this will be the last time until it's finished--moving 400 miles west tomorrow) and they have started assembling the scoreboard. It looked like the video replay was assembled, along with a few sponser spots and the blue part looked as though it would be assembled sometime today. It sure looks nice.

Comment

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Sc...ject/Index.cfm

More new pictures. Clearing space for tailgating!

Comment

Finishing touches for SDSU's scoreboard
                              Jackrabbits open football season Saturday evening

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...508300322/1002

Chris Solari
                              csolari@argusleader.com

Published: 08/30/05

BROOKINGS - The parking lot at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium has become somewhat of a roadside attraction.

A slow trickle of cars circled through the newly repaved lot on Sunday, with drivers and passengers gawking at the progress being made on the massive scoreboard construction inside the stadium's gates.

Saturday is South Dakota State's first football game, against Wisconsin-LaCrosse. Daktronics employees and construction workers are putting the finishing touches on the new system - a gigantic 40-yard wide-by-56-feet high scoreboard that has a 17-by-28 feet video board.

Tom Coughlin, the regional sales director for Daktronics who is heading the project, said the final pieces were being added Monday, with only wiring work remaining to be completed. The scoreboard will be used Friday during Brookings High's home football opener against Watertown.

"It's coming together nicely," he said.

The Jackrabbits plan to hold a full practice on Thursday with the scoreboard up and running. Coach John Stiegelmeier said he wants to "eliminate the newness" by working with the new accessory in his team's home.

"We practiced on the field on Saturday. It was a preliminary temptation, if you will," he said. "They were putting it up and putting pieces up. I told the guys, 'If you can't keep your eyes off that process, I can't imagine how it will be when the boards are on.' "

Daktronics will provide an experienced gameday crew of camera operators and technical staff for football games, and Coughlin said Friday's Bobcat-Arrows game will be used for the crew to get used to the stadium, the new equipment and each other.

The construction of the new system, which also includes nearly a dozen advertisements, started on Aug. 15.

Before the old scoreboard was taken down last week, the structural beams for the new one stood behind it in the south end zone and rose about twice as high as the old 1977 Daktronics model.

"It's probably more than we expected," SDSU Athletic Director Fred Oien said of the scoreboard's size. "It's going to be really spectacular for fans, and especially for the student-athletes."

A similar project will begin at Frost Arena once the football scoreboards are completed, with plans to have the basketball court ready when the season opens in November. Daktronics' Coughlin was not sure of the exact start date at Frost.

The price tag for the two systems is nearly $3 million. The project is being paid for by the SDSU Foundation, which is a private, non-profit corporation that acts as a fund-raising arm of the university.

Comment

Working...
                              X