Official Countdown Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Countdown Thread

89, How many fans can SDSUs stadium handle?

Big crowd expected for GSU/SDSU game?
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON
      89, How many fans can SDSUs stadium handle?

Big crowd expected for GSU/SDSU game?
      16,000 +, I would say yes.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Seventy-one Days........... ;D ;D ;D

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

16,000 - SOUNDS LIKE FUN
          Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON
            16,000 - SOUNDS LIKE FUN  

It's been a while since we've had that many people there. Last year we averaged just under 10,000. I would say we could probably expect around that for the GSU game.

Comment

2005 SDSU Football Schedule

Sept. 3 Wisconsin-La Crosse (Shrine Game) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
              Sept. 10 Valparaiso (Ind.) (Cereal Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
              Sept. 17 Montana Missoula, Mont. 1:05 p.m. MT
              Sept. 24 *Cal Poly (Beef Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.
              Oct. 1 Texas State San Marcos, Texas TBA
              Oct. 8 *UC Davis Sioux Falls, S.D. (Howard Wood Field) 1 p.m.
              Oct. 15 Open Date
              Oct. 22 Missouri-Rolla (Hobo Day) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.
              Oct. 29 Georgia Southern Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
              Nov. 5 *Southern Utah Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
              Nov. 12 *North Dakota State Fargo, N.D. 6 p.m.
              Nov. 19 *Northern Colorado Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.
              * Great West Football Conference game

Thought it was time to list the schedule again. Hoping to make at least 2 Sept games and the UC Davis game. Might make it up to Fargo. Really disappointed that I won't be able to attend the Georgia Southern game (in Montreal). Anyone have thoughts about where they might stay in Sioux Falls?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'd say 10-11,000 for the GSU game. The only big game before that in Brookings is the Cal Poly. Depends on the success of the team up to that point as well.

Comment

Three largest crowds for '04:

Hobo Day (Augie) - 13,166
                  Beef Bowl (NDSU) - 12,323
                  Cereal Bowl (Winona St.) - 8,718

I think anything less then 10,000 would be a disapointment. I would like to think that we would get between 12,000 and 14,000 (or more) for this chance to see the Jackrabbits take on what has been one of the best programs in I-AA.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I had a chance to listen to Stig at the Yankton Alumni event, he is already promoting and pumping up the Georgia Southern game as a chance to see THE premiere program in 1-AA.  I think the only thing that could hinder attendence that day would be weather, it is late October and many of the fair weather fans may see it being a bit too chilly to come out.  On one hand a foot of snow and 10 degrees would be nice, on the other 50 - 60 degrees would be ideal for attendence.  

I am planning on making it to every home game (besides Cal Poly as I have a wedding  ), the sioux falls game, fargo, and hopefully Montana , i guess that would put me at nine for the season.   ;D ;D ;D
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                      I am planning on making it to every home game (besides Cal Poly as I have a wedding  ), the sioux falls game, fargo, and hopefully Montana , i guess that would put me at nine for the season.   ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the dig 79 :-/.  I still hoping the limo can make a stop at the Backyard before we head to the reception 8).  I had planned on making it to all the games but my fiance accepted a job offer in Western S.D. so I don't think I'll be seeing as many games as I would like.  Probably have to choose between Missouri-Rolla (Hobo Days) and GSU.  Going to try and make it to NDSU as well.  If I can't be there I'll be listening on WNAX and sharing some computer time with other Jackrabbits who can't be there in person  

As much as I'm looking foward to moving to Spearfish, I'm really going to hate it during the football season.

Comment

RabbitinVerm,

Hey, make sure you get at this kid when you come to this half of the State. I am actually talking with the owner of a sports bar near Rapid (SDSU alum) about broadcasting the game in his place and lining up some deals on drinks and grub. He's big on the idea, but would love to see around 25-30 Jacks fans fill the place on Saturdays - the Saturdays that we don't carpool to the other end to take in the live show.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks02
                          RabbitinVerm,

Hey, make sure you get at this kid when you come to this half of the State. I am actually talking with the owner of a sports bar near Rapid (SDSU alum) about broadcasting the game in his place and lining up some deals on drinks and grub. He's big on the idea, but would love to see around 25-30 Jacks fans fill the place on Saturdays - the Saturdays that we don't carpool to the other end to take in the live show.
                          I sure we could round up more than a few rabbits. Let me know if I can do anything to help out....

Comment

70 days
                            #70 Casey Knips 6'8" 290 Fr. OL

69 days
                            Josh Davis averaged 69 yards per game last year
                            SDSU had 169 rushing yards vs. NDSU last year

68 days
                            #68 Mark Oelkers 6'4" 281 Jr. OL

67 days
                            #67 Chet Delbridge 6'3" 270 So DL

Comment

66 Days........

#66 - Paul Fischer - DL - Madison, SD - JR

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

65 Days......

# 65 - Preston Crumly - OL - Hartington, NE - SO

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X