Coughlin-Alumni scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coughlin-Alumni scoreboard

If the scoreboard doesn't work properly, I am sure that it is a result of being mired in mediocrity as the majority of State alums at Daktronics (including all of the Kurtenbachs) attended SDSU back when it was merely D2. ;D

Comment

Or it could be Mike_H's fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

The east side is great...we've been sitting over there for the last 5 or so years.  You get to raze to visiting team and mingle with their fans.  I'm also a little superstitious about sitting over there.  In 2003, we were kicking the snot out of UND (the year they won the NC) in the first half.  At half-time, I moved to the west side to sit with my father in-law.  We subsequently lost the game (although we got hosed big time).  Since then, I have never sat on the west side and we have never lost a home game that I've been at (wasn't at the Cal-Poly game).
        I also prefer the east side. View is just as good, seats just as comfortable and the fans seem more into the game. The student section was great but that north end of the west side is pitiful when it comes to making noise.

All the audio at CAS needs work. Speakers are needed on the east side. The scoreboard is fabulous, flat out.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'd be curious to know the average age on the West side, 50 yard line area.

I've been sitting there the last few years and there are some great old timers there. They've paid their dues and supported the program for who knows how many years.

They seem to get more fired up at the refs than for our players :-/

Comment

Cactus is right. There was some technical difficulties with the PA system. It will be worked out. The stadium dosent need any more speakers, when that system is working you can drown out even the Jackrabbit headquarters on the north side of the backyard. If you have been back there with the students you know how loud that is.

I do like the idea for graphics of the scoreboard breaking and a moving target though! ;D

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFooJack
              You hit it Rabbit_FB_Alum.  If there is a 1mph breeze the sound will be off.  I was at the home opener and experienced the loss of sound and quality with the system.  I do like it a lot better than the old system but, it is irritating.  

I think they need to create a clip that makes the video board shatter when the kicker hits the board during the extra point.  Then, they need to make a moving bullseye to throw off the opposing teams kicker That would be funny.

That would be a riot! Great idea. I had no idea if wind would affect the sound quality or not, but when it is working it is awesome. Also though the tv monitors under the stadium was a nice addition.

Comment

we need a section that loud fans can call their own. and in that section you will get nasty looks if you dont yell and stand up.it seems like most places have a section like that. could we do that ??. is anyone up for that. put up signs call it.......     then have loud fans who want the COWBELLS and all the good stuff with that. any suggestions  ;D

Comment

Working...
                X