Texas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas State

Did I miss the link to the online streaming? If so could somebody post it again. I was wandering around Tx St. website and saw a link where you have to pay 4.95 for one month access to live games but i didn't know if that was the right link.

Thanks in advance.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Hopefully the Rabbits can make a game out of this and come out with an upset (?) win. Might be a nice time to surprize them with a lightning fast receiver in the game (do I hear JaRon Harris ;D ;D ;D) to open up our strength in the running game even more?

Go Get 'em Jackrabbits!!

Comment

Great story coming from San Marcos, here is a link and the highlights:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/artic...ts/sports1.txt

Bobcats try to maintain focus after good showing at A&M

By RANDY STEVENS - Sports Editor
        Posted: Friday, Sep 30, 2005 - 04:08:59 pm CDT

Call it the roller-coaster effect. For every high, there's an immediate low.

And even though the Bobcats are coming off a loss, the team's spirit is at its peak. After all, the Division I-AA Bobcats gave the Texas A&M Aggies a strong run for their money in the 44-31 loss. Texas State had a chance to take the lead late in the second quarter and remained within striking distance in the second half, earning respect on campus and around the state.

But Texas State head coach David Bailiff and his staff have turned the page, concentrating on Saturday's home game against South Dakota State. He wants to make sure his Bobcats have done the same.

"I appreciate people noticing but the guys need to let that go and understand we have a tough football team coming to town," said Bailiff. "Now we did lose. It was nice to go toe-to-toe with them, but that loss counts the same as any other loss on our schedule. We have got to move on. We have got to understand that there is a lot of season left and there's a lot of things that we want to accomplish this season."  .  .  .

For now, Bailiff wants his team to be ready for South Dakota State.

"Our job as coaches is to get them back down to earth," said Bailiff. "They have got to understand how important this South Dakota State game is to us."

The Jackrabbits may be the Bobcats' most formidable home challenge so far. Even though SDSU is 2-2 on the season, Bailiff said the Jackrabbits' strong defense and unpredictable offense make them a staunch opponent.

"They are a quality football team," said Bailiff.

A look at SDSU's path thus far proves his point. The Jackrabbits suffered a 7-0 loss to Montana, last season's I-AA national runner-up, and are coming off a 24-16 loss to Cal Poly, a team that handed Texas State a 38-21 loss last season. The Jackrabbits opened the season with a 42-13 win over Wisconsin-Lacrosse and followed with a 69-6 win over Valparaiso.

The heart and soul of SDSU, according to Bailiff, is its defense. The Jackrabbits are limiting opponents to 285 total yards of total offense per game, while allowing only 92 yards rushing.

"They play passionate defense. They get off blocks faster than anyone we have played and I'm not saying that because they are our next opponent," said Bailiff. "They make very few mistakes defensively, and if there's a 50-yard pass, you'll see the defensive linemen running down the field."

The defense is sparked by senior cornerback Hank McCall, senior defensive end Gabe Koenigsfeld, senior defensive tackle D.J. Fischer and sophomore nose tackle Mitch Pontrelli. McCall, a second team all-conference selection last season, leads the team with 26 tackles this season, while Koenigsfeld is an honorable-mention All Great West selection. Fischer was the team's defensive player of the week after the season opener and recorded 51 tackles last season, while Pontrelli has 41 tackles in 14 career games.

They'll have to contend with Texas State's high-powered multiple offense, led by senior quarterback Barrick Nealy, who is coming off consecutive SLC Offensive Player of the Week performances. Nealy passed for 378 yards and three touchdowns in the loss to A&M, the third-best, single-game passing output in school history.

Nealy's top target was senior wide receiver Markee White, who became the first Bobcat in three years to have more than 100 yards receiving in a game. White caught six passes for 146 yards and a touchdown against the Aggies.

On the other side of the ball, the Bobcat defense will have its hands full with what might be the most unpredictable offense in Division I-AA. The Jackrabbits have been know to stick with two and three tight-end sets in one game and switch to a multiple one-back set in another.

"Usually going into game four you know what your opponent is going to do," said Bailiff. "But we have really been off balanced as far of what game plan we can plan for."  .  .  .

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Let's go Rabbits!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Oh-oh, I've got feed problems again. Anyone else on the WNAX feed?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm in...or on, which ever it is in reference to having the WNAX feed.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Thanks. . . re-booted, got it now!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Where is the QB sneek on the 1 yd line. kardoes ran that play atleast five times last year and scored on most of them. i don't like that call at all.

Comment

Koenig seems to be running the ball well, oline is doing a nice job as well.  Hohn came into to give koenig a breath, have we given up on Watson all together?  End of the first quarter and he hasn't seen a snap even as the second stringer.  I didn't here the pregame, maybe stig made mention of something.

Steve Imming is a great anouncer, and no offense but jerry o just isn't very good.  I get tired of his ums, oh nos, groaning, moaning, etc.  Usually the second announcer brings some analysis to the game.  

Comment

Trading touchdowns for field goals isn't going to win you many games.

Defense needs to come up with a stop.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow, defense is getting gouged.

Comment

I've been saying that Jerry Oster pulls down the quality of the broadcast for years. What is up with our play calling. Third and goal and we are in the shotgun and do not score and settle for fieldgoal. I think it was a mistake to kick the field goal as easy as they are driving on us. Next drive 3rd and 1 from the 20 and we try and throw it. I don't get it!

Comment

If they get 7 here we have to answer with 7 of our own or this game will be nearly impossible to win.

A turnover would be nice right about now.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

it's like trying to run an offense through a wet paper sack. did we even touch their offense that drive...i went to the bathroom and came back and they were in the endzone.

Comment

Wow, we are not even slowing them down. > Come on Defense.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X