Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY Problem With The UC-Davis Game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The ONLY Problem With The UC-Davis Game....

Far be it from Cap'n Cat to try to regulate discussion on someone else's board, but Rabbit FB Alum has made some good points. We don't need to badger him. You're all Jacks at heart and he is part of the family, as he says. So, let's cool it.

If for nothing else, do it for her:

"Now, y'all Jacks boyz need to behave, else'n I'm-a gonna have to throw a flag at y'all for bein' bad boyz, ya hear?"

Comment

Taking a lunch break and reading this thread...seems like some are hyper-critical of some loyal Jack-backers.

CapN Cat makes a nice point but don't be too hard on the players or the posters who may take issue.

There is another way to look at a win like UC-Davis: I think it's fine when the players trot or walk off the field without showing a lot of emotion, paying homage to the crowd etc. I like the quiet killer types,... you know: those who do not act like its the first time they've won a game. [I'm one of those guys who thinks an NFL running back celebrating after scoring a TD is kinda dumb...sheesh, act like you've done it before!]

It means nothing one way or the other to me as a fan whether the guys in the uniform wave to the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
        It means nothing one way or the other to me as a fan whether the guys in the uniform wave to the crowd.
        I honestly can agree with that statement, but to me, part of the draw of college football over the pros is the interaction with the crowd. I get chills when the crowd gets involved in the game like college crowds do, and think it's pretty cool when the players and coaches respond in kind.

That being said, I think we've beaten this into the ground. A win is a win...like you said, act like you done it before.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat
          Far be it from Cap'n Cat to try to regulate discussion on someone else's board, but Rabbit FB Alum has made some good points.  We don't need to badger him.  You're all Jacks at heart and he is part of the family, as he says.  So, let's cool it.
          Thanks Cap'n.  Some people can be so rude just because they are posting on the internet.  I admitted I was wrong about your earlier post, so it's not like I'm trying to pick a fight with anyone here.  You don't even know me and you can tell I love the Jacks with every bone in my body.  I'm glad someone can see the light.

Comment

and Cap: love the picture of your sister in the ref's uniform!

Comment

I agree with cap'n. The whole point of playing in S.F. was to increase your fan base. It would have been nice to acknowledge them after the game. That said, I am sure a big win against a good team went a long way towards the goal of increasing your fan base. Nice win.

Comment

Working...
              X