Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The SDSU Band..............

Heavens sakes, sorry for bringing it up.   :P    

Though no group is beyond criticism for anything, I'm having a hard time with someone finding fault with that great band.

"Lord, what conflict hath Cap'n Cat wrought?"

;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by ex-jack
      I am not saying to play in the middle of the freaking play I am saying when they are in the huddle and maybe throw in a trumpet blow once and a while.....

Also the second Half was my big point, I know they are awesome I have played there for 4 yrs and been apart of it.....

I am saying when UND a few years ago is driving for the winning score, maybe pump up the crowd, or talk smack to the other team like they do in the first half.....

I also know they bring fans to the game..... I have seen the difference when they are not there to when they are and it is huge, but as I mention earlier, in the second half the members are scarce, look at this past week versus Davis, the first half the section full and roaring, you couldnt see the bench.... In the second half there was some much space in between you could park a bus in there....

The Montana game was amazing you couldnt hear the person next to you and their band sucked.... I think the "PRIDE" could be a huge part of the game as the "12th" man, last week the fans stood on their feet and cheered on every 3rd and 4th down, and believe me the players hear it and get pumped, it may not have shown it last week when Davis kept driving, but when Hank needed to make a play, believe me, he heard the fans and he was pumped and made the game saving play, it is stuff like that I think the PRIDE can bring to the game....I didnt mean to play a song in the middle of a play I was talking about making noise to disrupt the opposition..... Because if anyone thinks it doesnt matter.... IT DOES
      Excellent points and I have to say I agree. Especially since it's sometimes very hard to convince the fans that standing up and making noise like an idiot is a good thing. The average attendee of SDSU football game is the average SDan: pretty conservative. Thus, the majority of the fans feel a little goofy about standing up and screaming like an 18 year old college freshman. (I know, because I usually feel a little goofy about it when I scream like a maniac at the games and I have no problem making an @ss of myself in public and have many examples to prove it.) I think 1) selling beer at the games and 2) the Pride staying strong for the second half (when cheering is usually most important) would do wonders for breaking some of the fans out of their shells. The beer thing isn't going to change anytime soon.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat
        Heavens sakes, sorry for bringing it up.   :P    

Though no group is beyond criticism for anything, I'm having a hard time with someone finding fault with that great band.

"Lord, what conflict hath Cap'n Cat wrought?"

;D ;D ;D
        Cripes, nobody's finding fault with the band. Everybody here agrees they're great. I believe "treasure" was the word I used.

I just mentioned that all the great D1 bands I have seen don't take any part of the game off for snacks or to rest or for anything else. I had friends in the Iowa band, and they would sooner jump off the back of the stadium as hear a recorded version of the fight song played on the loudspeakers during a game.

Comment

In regards the second half, for a bandmember, it's all down hill. You leave it all on the field at half-time and anything extra after that is just that... extra.

Again, great band, great program.... can't wait for the Hobo Day parade, I get to march for the 1st time in 7 years!! (Alumni Pride band)

Comment

Working...
          X