Missouri-Rolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri-Rolla

WOW i can hardly wait for the game . Personally i am using this game as a SPONSOR A FAN game. I am bringing 5 new people to the game from out of the area.They have never attended a SDSU football game before.They usually go to the vikings once a year but have opted to come to a real team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Extended forcast looks like low 50's and sunshine with a few clouds. I think 11K is realistic and >12K is possible. Less than 10K would be disappointing but this is coming from someone who will be listening on WNAX while I finish my patio. Wish I could be in the real "backyard".
      Latest I see from the NWS is showers/flurries and a high of 45. Not perfect for fans, but good for players (at least the ones in the game
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Latest I see from the NWS is showers/flurries and a high of 45.  Not perfect for fans, but good for players (at least the ones in the game  
        Accuweather (I like them because you get more detailed info) puts the chance of showers at 4 percent during the game. It goes way up to only 22 percent at 6 p.m. I'm thinking it'll be mix of clouds and sun, but no rain.

Here's the link for Saturday at Accuweather:

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast...2&metric=0

Comment

My source now says 45-50, mostly sunny, < 20% chance of rain in the evening. Winds 15 mph out of the North.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All in all, a nicer Hobo Day than some I've attended in the past.

Of course, I drink much less now, so maybe it evens out . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              All in all, a nicer Hobo Day than some I've attended in the past.

Of course, I drink much less now, so maybe it evens out . . .

I remember my Freshman year standing in a block long line to get into the Lucky Lady in the rain on Friday night. It rained most of Friday and into the following morning and let up just before the game if I remember correctly. What a mud bowl that game was that year.

On the plus side the poor weather did make it easier to bring in something to mix with your Coke.

For my prediction, I see a game similar to the Valpo game. Our first 3 drives result in a 17-0 lead giving Kardoes a cushion to work on the passing game the remainder of the half for a 30-3 lead. The first string scores a TD on the first possession of the 2nd half, the backups play the rest of the way, Rolla adds a late TD making the final 54-10.

Comment

Snow for the start of the game, nice.

Harris returns the kick across the 50. Moved the ball on the ground well and then inexplicably decide to throw the ball, which of course fails. Kardoes slips on 3rd and goal and we have to kick a 35 yard FG.

What can you say?
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Berry is in the game. Injured Kardoes or time for a change? Look forward to seeing/hearing what the young man can do.

Comment

Koening runs for the TD, about 15 yards.

Jacks 10-0

Comment

Rolla with a 49 yard bomb for TD.

Jacks can't move the ball after fair-catching the kick-off at the 19.

Rolla has the ball again.

Comment

Kardoes apparently on crutches.

Jacks stop Rolla, have the ball again.

1st quarter ends.

Jacks 10
                        Rolla 7

Rolla moving the ball well through the air. Jacks stopping themselves. Hope we can widen the lead by running the ball allowing Berry to get some experience throwing.

Comment

Berry throws the ball well resulting in 2nd TD.

Jacks go up 17-7

Jacks D plays well and forces a punt.

Watson and Koenig hammer them on the ground, score easily.

Jacks lead 24-7.

Kardoes headed to the locker room.

NDSU trails 3-0 at half.

Comment

Jacks playing as sloppy as possible. Fumble by Berry at Rolla 10.

Jacks D holds.

Jacks fumble the punt return and Rolla recovers.

Comment

Really a disappointing end to the half. Rolla scores, jacks bumble and stumble.

At the half

Jacks 24
                              Rolla 14

Rolla shouldn't be this close. Jacks should not be happy with their performance. Need to eliminate TO's, improve special teams and get the ball in the endzone.

Comment

Rolla comes out of the half and score on a 77 yard pass play.

Pitiful to say the least.

Jacks 24
                                Rolla 21

Its homecoming, Rolla is a DII team, and we lead by 3 early in the 3rd quarter. D realy needs to step-up.

We can't play any worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X