Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To Cheer

Originally posted by jackmd

Is there a Runnings is S.F.?  I could pick up some cowbells before the UCD game.

No Runnings, but I believe Campbell Supply should have some.

Comment

I called the Campbells on East 10th and they do have cowbells.

Comment

Here is just another thought for noise. The bookstore at SDSU sells small megaphones . I bought one for my daughter to use i tried it and it really cranks out the noise. i couldnt believe how much noise it could make. The cost is 2.19 combine this with cowbell and 3 0r 4 people in a group for loud cheer.

Comment

There is a Tractor Supply on North Cliff, just South of I-90. I am pretty sure they would have cowbells there too. I think I might paint flames on mine, you know, make it a custom cowbell.

GO JACKS... BEAT CAL DAVIS...

Comment

Thread bump . . . go Rabbits!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

For those many of you in attendance at today's Hobo Day game, if you were near section H row 8, you got a courtesy Filbert tutorial in cheering.

Lots of "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and cowbell.

Note to the scoreboard operator: when the Jacks are coming to the line on offense is NOT the time to flash on the scoreboard a "make noise" message. Sheesh.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                For those many of you in attendance at today's Hobo Day game, if you were near section H row 8, you got a courtesy Filbert tutorial in cheering.

Lots of "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and cowbell.

Note to the scoreboard operator:  when the Jacks are coming to the line on offense is NOT the time to flash on the scoreboard a "make noise" message.  Sheesh.
                I was in F/11, so I didn't get the Filbert lessons. But you have to like those Jack Superfan bits on the scoreboard. "I say Jacks, you say Rule..." Those were pretty funny. I think they'll work really well in Frost.

Comment

I know how some here like to worry when regular posters don't post, so . . .

I'll be basically away from computers from now until mid-November, so if anybody asks, I'm on vacation. I may lurk if I have the chance, but it's likely I won't post.

Go Rabbits, and keep working on the "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We have to bring on the noise on saturday . We need to be the 12th man on the field for the JACKRABBITS. Sometimes its hard to get started cheering, but someone has to start.The weather will not be a factor.The fans need to help make the difference.

Comment

By the way, I did think the 4500+ in attendance did a pretty good job of supporting the team. There were several situations this week that the crowd didn't have to be coaxed into cheering by the team.

Also, the cowbell thing. I love it but its starting to get a bit old when they use the same clip 6 times a game. Those that are fairly familiar with the skit know there are about 6 ways that Walken coaxes the band to give him more cowbell. I'd like to see them use a few more.

Comment

Working...
                      X