Where's the crowd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where's the crowd?

Attendance was lower than I expected, but I am not to worried about it. Traditionally a home game the week after Hobo Day is not very well attended for a variety of reasons as have been previously stated. One that I have not seen is that many, if not most, Lutheran churches had confirmation on Sunday after the game. I know from my family that alone took about 5-10 people out of the stands. Add that to students going home, many home games, hunting, etc. and it adds up to low attendance. Some of you might think of this as just another excuse, but those are reasons to the people that did not show up and they consider them valid. "Calling them out" isn't going to change their mind.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

im a little worried about this saturdays game being low in attendance too. although i would hope the students would show a little better this week. but with the high school football playoff semi finals saturday and usd playing und in the dome, it might hurt attendance. ill be there .

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit
        usd playing und in the dome,  it might hurt attendance.  ill be there .
        I don't think any of the 2000 that will be at the USD game are fans that they are taking away from us....

Comment

I plan on spending a late night in the basement painting so that I can make it to the game on Saturday. If weather holds true, I'm taking my 2 1/2 year old with me. It'll be his 3rd game this year. The boy's pretty smart cuz he knows how to get what he wants....simply says, "Go Jacks" and he gets whatever he wants.

Comment

I was initially shocked and even a little dismayed when the attendance came in at under 5000 for GSA. Then I looked at the 14,500 for Hobo Day and averaged the two. I felt better. Makes me think the nearly 8000 in Sioux Falls should be considered a great crowd.

There just hasn't been and isn't the interest from all areas for college FB in SD. Sure the success at the lowest divisions by U of SF, Black Hills St, etc.. leads to a small fan base for them but the major players have not had success recently.

If SDSU can continue to support FB at the DIAA level interest will increase as will attendance. In turn the media outlets (even the biased ones like C&M) will follow in tow.

All that said, I hope we get 3500 for SUU. I won't be there but I'll still complain if given the opportunity.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X