Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes/Berry

Originally posted by jackmd
    My vote is for Berry.  Our RB's run the ball well.  We need a QB who throws the ball even when he has to run.  Kardoes filled in well in spots for a passing QB in Nelson, why can't he do the same behind Berry?  I just think Berry has to start Saturday.
    I obviously agree! I am a bit jealous, though, Jackmd, You said it in a much nicer, more diplomatic way than I seem to be able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisfan
      I think that would be interesting, I'll give you that. However, could you imagine the possibility...no...the
      electricity of a Josh Davis on one side, JaRon Harris
      (aka Jaronimo ) with a QB like Berry who can and will hit those receivers? What a day that would be.  ;D ;D
      Kardoes is an unbelievable athlete. As a freshman, the starting QB job was between him and Nelson. As history shows, Nelson won the starting job...but barely.

I also know that JaRon is an unbelievable athlete, but why do you have your nose up his rear? He rarely sees the offensivley and your imaging him lined up opposite JD?

Comment

Time to wake up people. We state we trust our coaches over and over. But now here we go again smelling blood in the water and starting a feeding frenzy. Stig and the 4 offensive coaches know what they are doing. I'm sure that we can trust that they have the team's best interest in mind. That's that. Do I like Berry? HELL YEAH! But I'll trust that our coaches know whats best for this team and I'll cheer them on through thick and thin.

SIMPLE AS THAT!

Comment

It is MY OPINION that a decision that would lead to starting Andy Kardoes over Ryan Berry would be absolutely STUPID. It would result in more losses, I am confident. I do not know what Kardoes has over Stig's head, but starting him does NOT give the Jacks the best chance to win, and apparently Stig is alright with that.
          I would say that your words prove that you are the "STUPID" one.  If you think that loosing is O.K. with Stig. then you are truly "STUPID".  If you truly think that he is O.K. with being .500, then I would encourage you to call the athletic office and sit down and say that to his face.  I don't think you could because you know that is just not true.

In addition, our entire offense is built around mis-direction in the backfield. I'm pretty sure other teams aren't goning to buy Berry as a running threat. You can't reinvent the wheel in the middle of the season.

Comment

I think we are fortune to have a QB controversy, meaning two individuals who can win the game for SDSU. What about Burkhardt, he is no slouch either so as some one esle has said, let the coaches make their decisions and coach as they were hired to do.

I would tend to think most of our faculty on campus would be very troubled with some town person or some guy from Eagle Butte who came charging into their classroom and started telling them how to teach their particular subject and also pointing out who is the best student in their class with out looking at the grade book. Lets assume this intruder is making assumptions based on less formal training and has never been inside the classroom, but has based his conclusions on student conversations outside of the class room.

Maybe we should think of our coaches choice of QB in that light, its so easy to be an expert when you are sitting in the stands. To quote Yoggi: You observe a lot by watching".
            Thats what I do. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum
              In addition, our entire offense is built around mis-direction in the backfield.  I'm pretty sure other teams aren't goning to buy Berry as a running threat.  You can't reinvent the wheel in the middle of the season.
              Stig said in the Argus this morning that Kardoes will start. If so, I'll trust Stig's judgment (and I can't believe anyone would accuse him of not wanting to win) but Kardoes has to make a play once in a while. You don't lose your job due to injury, but maybe lack of productivity should be a factor at some point. The fact is that Berry has made more plays in one game plus a few minutes than Kardoes has made all year.

I do think it's worth remembering that Stig is the guy who gets a great effort out of his teams every week. It's fair to question who the quarterback should be (many of us have questioned Kardoes' performance many times) but I don't think it's fair to question Stig's commitment to win.

Comment

I think Kardoes proved himself today. No doubt he will start next week since he made it through the game healthy.

Comment

Kardoes was great today. Every pass was sharp. He showed good speed. My wife and I found ourselves saying: "So THAT's why the coaches like him so much."

Honestly, he showed more today than he has all season. That ankle must be healed. Good for him. If he plays like that the final two games, we'll be conference co-champs.

Comment

Amen to the previous comment. Andy Kardoes played a heck of a game. Not only did he run the misdirection office as well as usual, but he proved his passing today. Ryan Berry may be where we are heading, but Andy Kardoes deserved to have his starting job back and I'm glad the coaches stuck with him.

So many of the posters talk like the head coach makes these decisions in a vacumn. That's not the case. We have a very good staff this year, and I'm sure a lot of the decisions are debated and driven to concensus.

The same was true of the decision to bench Watson. He wasn't getting the job done -- all conference back or not. But there were certainly a lot of howls over that. And now he's playing great and is earning playing time. Maybe Berry's performance didn't hurt Andy Kardoes' drive either!

It's just crazy to think that any coach on this team doesn't want to win in the worst way, and that they worry over their decisions as much as any of you would.

Go Jacks...catch those Bison next week and we will win a conference championship for the first time in 43 years!

Comment

Its just overwhelming that we are two deep or more with quality people at QB and RB and seem to have tons of WR'S. This is making of great program.

We need to have more people show up and follow the the Yoggi principal of "You can observe a lot by watching". ;D

Comment

We have one of the better teams we have had in the past 30 years. It is too bad a few more folks do not understand that. A 5-4 record against this quality of competition is great. I was hoping that we would win by 15-20 today. Never in my wildest dream would I have guessed by 48. Damn, I just can"t help but smile every time I think about it!!! Roll on Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKRP
                          We have one of the better teams we have had in the past 30 years.
                          You have to credit the coaching staff getting these guys ready and getting 100 percent out of them every week... and doing it all with class and dignity. Oh, and they go to class and graduate at a very high rate, too. Just think what Stig and staff could do with 57 or 63 scholarships!

Now if we could just get the students to show up to see it.

Comment

It is nice to have 2 QB's that we can depend on........As we move closer to 63 schoolies...it is the depth that makes the difference.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

It is MY OPINION that a decision that would lead to starting Andy Kardoes over Ryan Berry would be absolutely STUPID. It would result in more losses, I am confident. I do not know what Kardoes has over Stig's head, but starting him does NOT give the Jacks the best chance to win, and apparently Stig is alright with that. What other excuse could there be?
                              Maybe I will just say right up front that I may be the "stupid" one. I guess Andy showed me! BTW, great game Jacks! I still cannot figure out how he learned to pass all of a sudden, but I will also have to give credit to Stig and staff on that decision. Do you think it was really lurking there all the time, or was he just plain jacked up for this one? I guess we will see. I shall now go back into my cave and hibernate for a while. :-[

Comment

Maybe I will just say right up front that I may be the "stupid" one. I guess Andy showed me! BTW, great game Jacks! I still cannot figure out how he learned to pass all of a sudden, but I will also have to give credit to Stig and staff on that decision. Do you think it was really lurking there all the time, or was he just plain jacked up for this one? I guess we will see. I shall now go back into my cave and hibernate for a while.  :-[
                                The coaches have known since he was a freshman that this kid can play. I think he'll be the starter for the remainder of this and next. But it sure didn't hurt for Berry to come in and push him a little bit. No need to hibernate, we're all wrong once in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X