SDSU vs NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs NDSU

I'll be bringing my cowbell, just hope I get to use it alot. BTW......The cowbells are BIG........ ;D

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

After the way last year's game ended I think the Bison will be hungry for a win. The differences I see in this year's game is that Walker is the QB not Stauss and also the game is at the dome and the Bison are a better team on turf and at home then they are on the road and on grass. I think it will be a close game but a big home crowd and the revenge factor will lead to a Bison victory.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
        I was viewing a few posts on the Bison board, I have a question?   Will the Fargo Dome security allow us to bring our cowbells in?

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
        Technically, they are not allowed in the Fargodome. I doubt that they will stop you from bringing them in, but may stop you from using them. Of course, it is also at the officials discretion to penalize a team for it's fans using artificial noisemakers (one of the reasons most NDSU fans no longer use cowbells).

Comment

Hold it ... the North Central Conference has a rule against artificial noisemakers. They should have called it "The SDSU Rule" because the clanging of cowbells by State fans is why the noisemaker rule was adopted. We aren't in the NCC anymore.

The gentleman from N.D. has indicated that noisemakers aren't allowed in the Fargodome. Why? The Great West has no rule against them. I don't see how the Fargodome can come up with their own set of rules for a Great West game.

I say clang, clang away.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
            Hold it ... the North Central Conference has a rule against artificial noisemakers.  They should have called it "The SDSU Rule" because the clanging of cowbells by State fans is why the noisemaker rule was adopted.  We aren't in the NCC anymore.

The gentleman from N.D. has indicated that noisemakers aren't allowed in the Fargodome.  Why?  The Great West has no rule against them.  I don't see how the Fargodome can come up with their own set of rules for a Great West game.  

I say clang, clang away.
            EX.- Montana State does not allow artificial noisemakers, while there is no Big Sky rule as such.

Comment

For all the boasting about how the Bison are going to crush the Jacks I thought it would be interesting to look at our common opponents this year.

Cal Poly
              Bison lose 37-6 Jacks lose 24-16

UC Davis
              Bison lose 20-14 Jacks win 16-14

Southern Utah
              Bison win 37-21 Jacks win 55-7

Seems to me based on the above the Jacks should feel good about our ability to play with the Bison.

This is a post I put over on Bisonville. As usual there is a lot of confidence and little respect for the Jacks.

Comment

Should be a great game Saturday. As far as the cowbells, I think you'll get them taken away. My wife has had the same problem. (even out at Montana State) She's down to one of those mini green cowbells. Just about got into it with another fan with that also. Hope lots of you Jacks make the trip. Feels like the start of a real rivalry to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                  For all the boasting about how the Bison are going to crush the Jacks I thought it would be interesting to look at our common opponents this year.

Cal Poly
                  Bison lose 37-6 Jacks lose 24-16

UC Davis
                  Bison lose 20-14 Jacks win 16-14

Southern Utah
                  Bison win 37-21 Jacks win 55-7

Seems to me based on the above the Jacks should feel good about our ability to play with the Bison.

This is a post I put over on Bisonville. As usual there is a lot of confidence and little respect for the Jacks.
                  I'm not one for comparitive scoring. There are lots of factors that can come into play on why one score is what it is and different teams match up differently. As for respect for SDSU, I've seen alot more respect this year than in past years, and nobody on the bison side has forgotten who won last years game. Take a look at the bison media blog, jeff kolpack sums it up nicely. Me I'm taking the conservative approach. I'm confident that NDSU has a lot of things going for them. Last home game for the seniors, last years loss, and a little confidence from playing well the last two games. I'm not stupid though, I know SDSU will bring their A game and you guys are no longer intimidated by playing in the Fargodome.

Comment

THIS IS THE YEAR WE GO TO FARGO AND GET THE BISON OFF OUR BACK!!!

JACKS 31
                    BISON 24

It's going to be one helluva tilt! Wish I could be there!

Go Rabbits, beat the Chips!!!

SUPERBUNNY

BTW: It's time to win a conference title for the first time since 1963!
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Here's a link to Kolpack's blog entry on the Jacks:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=669

I'm going to say that Parker Douglass wins this one for us with his leg. I can't imagine it won't be a very close game, and I like our odds with a great kicker like Parker.

SDSU 23
                      NDSU 21

Three FGs for Douglass.

Comment

Chris Kelly likes the Rabbits this weekend! 8)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ead.php?t=5072

Go State! ;D

Comment

In my opinion, the Jacks are favorites here. I think NDSU is over-rated in the polls.

However history and the new rivalry will even it out.

I predict a score of 34-31 (for the record I was right on last year, so hopefully my luck is not gone ;D)

This game is bigger than most realize. It's a must win for NDSU after there less than expected season so far. For the Jacks it's a chance to really show where the program is at with two feats for the first time since 62/63.

Comment

This is a huge game in the minds of both teams and I think rightfully so. For SDSU its a chance to bring legitimacy and even justification for the move up to DI. A victory over a good NDSU team by a better SDSU team provides an opportunity to win a conference title.

I expect the players, coaches and fans to be prepared and put their best effort forward. The game is, of course, decided on the field and anything can happen on gameday. I for one hope this is as good a game as it can be.

NDSU can never be taken for granted in the dome but they can be beaten, especialy by a better SDSU team. I look for the Jacks to come out fired-up but possibly a little tight. 1st half might be a struggle and a bit low scoring. If we play smart, avoid penalties and turnovers, and don't get hurt we should pull away in the second half. I think it will be low scoring like the UC-Davis game with the Jacks winning in the end.

SDSU 20
                            NDSU 13
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm new to this. Just wanted to say that I am in the process of a tough decision on whether to go to NDSU or SDSU. I went to Senior Day and the game against Cal Poly and I was impressed by the Jacks, even though I was disappointed because I felt that they should have won. I am going to the game on Saturday in Fargo. My good friend is a freshman bass drum player in the gold star band. I was sad to hear the Pride of the Dakotas was not going to be in attendance. Big rivalry game, they should be there. Anyways it will be interesting to see this matchup of evenly talented teams.
                              "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

wr54,

Welcome to the board . Thanks for posting.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X