Jerry Oster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jerry Oster

I see there are a few questions...happy to help out..

We are in the second year of a five year extension of our contract with SDSU. Both sides continue to work to improve the product and presentation. Such as adding Dellas Cole and Scotty Kwas on the side line this year.

We have attempted to find stations to form a network.
    I think it will take a few years of continued on field/court success to make that happen, but we keep looking.

We have thought about a post game call in also. As broadband is extended in the press box, it will be easier to do that. Stig is great to work with, and would probably go along with that.

While I did not ever work with Whitey Larson, I did start working Jacks games with Norm Hilson. Great guy, some great experiences, and a true Jacks fan. And is in the SDSU Hall of Fame.

Also, Mike H. is a good guy in the profession, where hanging in can be difficult at times.

Thanks for the comments on objectivity. We decided quite a while ago that neither of us were cut out to be the raving lunatic type!

Thanks for listening, and I do appreciate the feedback, positive or negative.

Comment

Jut a word of support for Jerry O. I disagree with a number of the comments that were made in earlier posts. He is a good guy and he does his best to fill the role of a color commentator along with Steve's outstanding play-by-play. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
        Jut a word of support for Jerry O. I disagree with a number of the comments that were made in earlier posts. He is a good guy and he does his best to fill the role of a color commentator along with Steve's outstanding play-by-play. ;D
        I'll echo that sentiment. Anyone who, like me, was stuck listening to the homers on the University of Oklahoma broadcasts (did you know that the OU Sooners have never actually been guilty of committing a single penalty, ever?) you appreciate somebody who is able to take a step back and report the game for what it is.

I have always appreciated Jerry's candor and humor as a commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry O.
          I see there are a few questions...happy to help out..

We are in the second year of a five year extension of our contract with SDSU. Both sides continue to work to improve the product and presentation. Such as adding Dellas Cole and Scotty Kwas on the side line this year.

We have attempted to find stations to form a network.
          I think it will take a few years of continued on field/court success to make that happen, but we keep looking.

We have thought about a post game call in also. As broadband is extended in the press box, it will be easier to do that. Stig is great to work with, and would probably go along with that.

While I did not ever work with Whitey Larson, I did start working Jacks games with Norm Hilson. Great guy, some great experiences, and a true Jacks fan. And is in the SDSU Hall of Fame.

Also, Mike H. is a good guy in the profession, where hanging in can be difficult at times.

Thanks for the comments on objectivity. We decided quite a while ago that neither of us were cut out to be the raving lunatic type!

Thanks for listening, and I do appreciate the feedback, positive or negative.
          Thank you Jerry for the update on what WNAX is trying to do to help SDSU in athletics.  Some of these projects that you reported on take time and effort. I do like the addition of Delles Cole and Scotty on the sideline. Seems like WDAY has had this side line guy for some time and its really helpful when you bring your walkman to the game.

Although a few of us have had differences with Mike H, I think he is sincere in his points of view and respect him even if I can NOT always agree with him. They do have a good sports show on KWSN.

I might add that WNAX started a similar program, which apparently did not catch on. I thought the one time Steve Imming interviewed Dave Boots was one of the best as it gave Dave a chance to show what he is like in real life. Not a monster by any means, but a very good and dedicated coach who calls Scott Nagy is his friend.

I for one would like the post game show especially if its an away game. Its good to hear that you are trying to get the most out of your expand broadband.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
            Does WNAX still do that Saturday morning football show? If so, what time is it on? Used to listen to all the time driving from the Twin Cities to Fargo.
            I have not been able to listen to this show this year and I don't think it is still going. It was a great show when NDSU and SDSU were still in the NCC, but maybe Jerry O can explain why they have apparently discontinued this show. It used to be a 10:30 am show, but the programming for Saturday morning now includes the Car show and Glenn Haggey, the home improvement guy, which might not allow a open time slot, plus SDSU going to D1 might have had an impact too.

I think they would be surprised to know how many listerners they had for this small show, which included spots from the different NCC coaches about their upcoming game.

Comment

I think it was called "Football Saturday Morning". It was a good show.

Put me in the pro-Jerry O column. I like what he adds to the broadcasts. I enjoyed it when he would be on the occasional basketball game. Usually USD I think.

;D
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
              X