Montana Schedule out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Montana Schedule out

I hope our buyout would be $50k as well, if it comes to that, but I believe our game at home with Montana would still be on. With the move to the Big Sky that had to cause some scheduling problems for UNC. In the article O'Day declined to reveal the financial terms, so maybe this was a buyout for this years game with a guarantee to play at Poly in the future. I see this as only a switch for the 2006 season caused by the acceptance of UNC into the Big Sky and that our game for 2007 would remain unchanged. Forgive the speculation, just my reasoning for the schedule change.

Comment

Montana bought out of road games at Cal Poly each of the past two years and bought out of a road game with Hofstra this year.

I hope Montana goes to Brookings, but I wouldn't be surprised if they renegged

Comment

The deficit at Montana, is not as a result of the Football program. Football at Montana does not lose money. It usually pays for all of the other sport (excluding MBB and WBB). The deficit was the result of renovations to the Adams Center (concert/basketball arena). There was some very bad estimating of the revenue after the renovation (many bb season ticket holders were not happy with the remodel or the coaching situation at the time). There was also some overspending by many persons in the athletic department. The deficit is expected to be cleared 2 years ahead of schedule (I believe it will be cleared by end of 2006), which will free the Griz up to make some trips out of conference in football.

Comment

Working...
        X