Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Jack please check your PM

*From the Moderator

Many people have expressed, via PM, that they feel your signature line is inappropriate for a public message board and I have to say that I agree. Please change it, or I will be forced to remove your posts.

Re: Ex-Jack please check your PM

Yes I can, We do live in a conservative world where people are torn down by others who try to express themselves through the majesty of words...

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Comment

Originally posted by ex-jack
      Yes I can, We do live in a conservative world where people are torn down by others who try to express themselves through the majesty of words...

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Welcome to the world of adulthood. I have to agree that some from the right have less than noble agendas but in this situation take the high road. Pick your battles as wisely as possible and compromise, especially when it makes you look better in the end.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yeah dude you should take the "HIGH ROAD"...

because the low road is rough and peple dont like those that express themselves through the majesty of words...

Believe me I know! I was told to shut up all the time when I was tryikng to be myself, some people just dont like what you say sometimes.

Comment

Censorship is inappropriate on a free public message board. I believe his signature line is simply a line from the football movie "The Program", which is available at your local Walmart. "Always Low Prices" is kind of fitting here with the value of free speech some of the posters seem to have on this board. He's not yelling, "FIRE", in a crowded building.

Comment

As someone who has many instances of sticking my big foot in my mouth, I think there is a big difference between censorship and asking for a little tact. Having a sexually explicit tag line is fine in the sense of free speech, but greatly goes over the line for showing tact and good taste. That's where the request comes from. And I'm not one of those who wrote in to 89 with a complaint. I just think being an ex-Jackrabbit comes with a caveat. That caveat is that you act with some dignity and pride when representing SDSU. That tag line fell short of that caveat. Ex-jack has changed it, so kudos to him for being the bigger man. That action is much appreciated by this fellow "ex-jack".
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
              As someone who has many instances of sticking my big foot in my mouth, I think there is a big difference between censorship and asking for a little tact.  Having a sexually explicit tag line is fine in the sense of free speech, but greatly goes over the line for showing tact and good taste.  That's where the request comes from.  And I'm not one of those who wrote in to 89 with a complaint.  I just think being an ex-Jackrabbit comes with a caveat.  That caveat is that you act with some dignity and pride when representing SDSU.  That tag line fell short of that caveat.  Ex-jack has changed it, so kudos to him for being the bigger man.  That action is much appreciated by this fellow "ex-jack".
              Exactly my point about being an adult. Changing a tag line after the request of your peers in no way jeopardized free speech on the web. It sure does go a long ways towards gaining respect.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X