Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signing Day

MilwaukeeJacksAlum,
    I also remember my signing date fun time and a relief to have the recruiting process over.

The only people you hit hard enough to get a battlle wound is Wolf or Stern!! Just kidding!!

Comment

Stig is about to be on Sports Talk with Craig & Mike to talk about the recruits. Said earlier he'd be on at about 4:30.

Comment

Does anybody know what comments Stig made on Sports Talk with Craig & Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell
          Does anybody know what comments  Stig made on Sports Talk with Craig & Mike?

I tried to listen but was busy with work. I did catch that they plan to play Tony Thompson at DE. They considered RB/FB/LB/DE and settled on DE. Tony told Stig that he felt most comfortable at DE. They expect him to be at about 230 lbs by fall and around 240-250 by his second year.

The other comment I remember is he was comparing someone to Koenig and another to Ranek?? I don't recall who he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

I tried to listen but was busy with work.  I did catch that they plan to play Tony Thompson at DE.  They considered RB/FB/LB/DE and settled on DE.  Tony told Stig that he felt most comfortable at DE.  They expect him to be at about 230 lbs by fall and around 240-250 by his second year.

The other comment I remember is he was comparing someone to Koenig and another to Ranek??  I don't recall who he was talking about.
            I was listening at work today and I'm pretty sure the running back Stig was talking about was Kyle Minett from R-T-R.

Comment

It was Minett who he was comparing to Ranek. He said Minett was a little taller but kind of the same mold. He hated comparing him to Ranek already.

Thompson is playing DE. They talked about LB but Thompson said he wasnt that comfortable playing it in HS so they decided on DE.

Corey Jeske and Conrad Kjerstad are guys they have been recruiting/looking at for quite awhile. Jeske when he was a sophomore at camp impressed. And Kjerstads brother played at SDSU.

Comment

The biggest surprise for me is no Junior College players signed especially at defensive back. The coaches must be satisfied with the returning cast. If you look at the more succesful DIAA programs they have a number of JC players and DIA transfers. Also interesting that SDSU's Brock Gentile's brother (Joel) who walked on at Iowa has transferred to USD. USD for being "South Dakota's team" has a more global signing class than SDSU.

Comment

Stig talked about the 6 SD kids first and then close kids from surrounding states. He then had to hurry up about the kids from a distance because they were running out of time. He did compare Minett to Ranek except taller. He compared Duffy to Koenig. He was excited about Kjerstad from Wall. Has started both ways since a 8th grader. Just a great athlete in any sport he plays. He did talk about Ross Basham recruiting visit. Ross did not understand ice fishing and that is all he could talk about during recruiting visits and can't wait to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st jacks02
                    MilwaukeeJacksAlum,
                        I also remember my signing date fun time and a relief to have the recruiting process over.

The only people you hit hard enough to get a battlle wound is Wolf or Stern!! Just kidding!!
                    The wounds were from others.  Obviously, I wasn't hitting anyone.  Surprisingly, all of my battle wounds are on my back. I employed a lot of the "turn and run" style of evading blockers.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I listened to 910 at halftime and Scotty discussed this shortly. I think he said Minett has the 2nd all time rushing record in all Minnesota HS? 81 TD's and over 6,000 yards....

Comment

Working...
                      X