• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCA to play back to back SD schools

We promised them grits for breakfast.

Comment

USD's ego is too much to allow for a logical scenario of a game in Brookings and Sioux Falls. Their problem is they still see themselves on the same level as State. They are even ducking Northern for Basketball because they know they will get spanked.

Comment

I know that Louisville and Kentucky did not playing each other in men's basketball for years, although they were both D-1 and only 50 miles apart.  I could see the SDSU vs. USD and NDSU vs. UND rivalries doing the same.  Neither institution will blink before the other.  It is a shame, but we are D-1 and D-1 schools do not travel to D-2 schools, period.

The only way SDSU and USD play basketball against each other again is if USD finally accepts playing at SDSU and SDSU pays USD for the game.  Or if USD moves up to D-1, SDSU would agree to a home and home after the transition period.

Go State!!! ;D ;D ;D  
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
          I know that Louisville and Kentucky did not playing each other in men's basketball for years, although they were both D-1 and only 50 miles apart. I could see the SDSU vs. USD and NDSU vs. UND rivalries doing the same. Neither institution will blink before the other. It is a shame, but we are D-1 and D-1 schools do not travel to D-2 schools, period.

The only way SDSU and USD play basketball against each other again is if USD finally accepts playing at SDSU and SDSU pays USD for the game. Or if USD moves up to D-1, SDSU would agree to a home and home after the transition period.

Go State!!! ;D ;D ;D
          I agree that you'll never see SDSU play a revenue game (Football, m/w basketball) at a D-II or lower school again, ever.

I think you'd see a home-and-home basketball series between SDSU and USD after USD's Year 1 of reclassification to D-I--dependent on what SDSU's conference situation is at the time, of course.

Both schools stand to make too much money from the gate not to mention TV money to dig their heels in too far.

I don't think the bridges between SDSU and USD were burned with the vitriol and gusto with which the Bison and Sioux torched theirs.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If USD ever decided to go D-1, they would beg us to play them so they could have games they wouldn't need to fly to. I doubt, however, that USD won't think of making a move until 1) the NCC collapses (which could happen any month now) and 2) all other D-2 conferences options are not viable. In fact, USD may relish staying in D-2 if USF, Dak. St., and Black Hills St. move into D-2 from the NAIA :....

Comment

The latest is we are also playing Augustana. Who the hell are they?

Comment

They aren't the best team in the area. They are a D2 team. Here is their website http://goaugie.com/

Comment

Thanks for the info. I realize we have to play somewhat of a "whoever" schedule this year, in particular to get home games.

It looks like ya'll have been in a similiar situation the past couple of years.

Comment

Link to a story about UCA's schedule:

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?a...p;article=1206

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                    X