Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Jacks quit?

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

For someone who has the screen name friendlyjack you seem to make a lot of insinuations that are negative about the jacks. Having "partied with" some of the players does not give you insight into what may or may not have happened causing people to quit. My freshman class consisted of approx 35 kids with walk-ons, etc. By the time I graduated, that number was trimmed down to about half that and we had a large senior class. Here's the absolute truth about sports. People quit all of the time and for multiple reasons, many no one but the actual player really understand. To insinuate that the flood gates are opening up and people can't get off our team fast enough is inaccurate, inappropriate and detrimental to the team.

First off sorry if it seems I am speaking out of place. It was what I heard. And asked if anyone else knew about it to verify. Secondly I partied with P.Fischer before he left for Guard Duty in 2003. Now I know there is alot of turn over for various reasons. But I am looking at a trend I see....

D_LINEMAN quitting this past year....And I dont want to ask the coaches, or maybe if one is on here he could answer the question.

Comment

*From the Moderator

Jordan Paula is not leaving, JackTwice is referring to a thread started last fall by a Coyote fan (who's posting privileges have been suspended) who was claiming to be a Jackrabbit supporter in which he "had it from a good source . . . ."

As you all know I am very suspicious of threads like this because on numerous occasions we have had people try to start rumors that this player or that player was moving on. In most cases the posters who started the rumors have had malicious intent, and they are affecting real people's lives.

I think talking about a player leaving from the stand point that he/she is no longer on the team and how his/her departure effects the team, if he/she is actually leaving, is a topic for discussion on this board. However I will remind everyone that:

I don't want this board to turn into a rumor mill. If you have something to post that you know (or believe) to be true based on solid sources that is one thing . . . if on the other hand your source is not solid or you don't believe that source, but you "heard something" well maybe this isn't something you want to put on the board (I/E what the "Little Birds" are saying). This is especially true when it comes to peoples lives. Please be careful what you post.

With that said I can't think of many examples when it will be appropriate to discuss the exact reasons why a player, coach, and or administrator leave.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

For someone who has the screen name friendlyjack you seem to make a lot of insinuations that are negative about the jacks. Having "partied with" some of the players does not give you insight into what may or may not have happened causing people to quit. My freshman class consisted of approx 35 kids with walk-ons, etc. By the time I graduated, that number was trimmed down to about half that and we had a large senior class. Here's the absolute truth about sports. People quit all of the time and for multiple reasons, many no one but the actual player really understand. To insinuate that the flood gates are opening up and people can't get off our team fast enough is inaccurate, inappropriate and detrimental to the team.

Ididnt read the bottom of your post....
        That is not what I am trying to insinuate, I am speaking as a concerned fan of the Jacks, that if I see guys leaving I want to know what is up......

Like the pro's, you know majority of the time it is money,
        When a kid signs majority of the time he says the staff was great.......

So as a concerned fan I just want to know why our TOP SACK getter from last year is leaving.....If I knew him I would ask but I dont so can anyone tell me why.....

Comment

*From the Moderator

If you are unwilling to discuss this matter with the player or the coaching staff I am affraid you will have to wait and see if the reasons makes it to any of the media outlets. I do not think it is appropriate to speculate on the an individuals’ reasons in this forum.

Comment

Working...
          X