Any Jacks quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Jacks quit?

To add to that alot of people leave because of Playing time, but I dont think it was a problem with Goff, but maybe some of the others....Whats another one, oh yeah school; some of the guys dont like going to class....I know sometimes I dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by friendlyjack
      Thanks for the Fischer update 89,  and I remember talking to him the day he told the team and I Partied with him until he left and when he returned. So I dont know if the strategy is to weed out the non hackers or is there something else...

But back to Goff, he lead the team in sacks as a True Freshman....thats a big loss, no if there were outside problems than thats cool. But still anyone who quits is a huge loss.

Different people bring different things to the party (team). Oh shoot I forgot about Delbridge, Chet...He quit after Spring ball last year, and Chris Bos, Same thing.....

So in one year we have lost more linemen to quitting than to graduation, the same for the OL....Joe Hargens, and Zach Campbell.

Hey friendlyjack, it seems like you are dancing around what you really want to say. Just come out with it, whatever it is.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I wanna know why all these D-lineman are quitting????

And why does anyone quit, now getting kicked off is different (Deaver, but he had horrible grades) and if I had a chance to play ball here I would do everything in my power to see the field

Comment

I guess the best way to find out would be to ask the players.  You could also ask the coaching staff.

Coach Stiegelmeier's (Head Football Coach) and Coach Sarvis' (D-Line coach) contact info can be found on the SDSU Athletics Staff Directory.  I know them both and they are great guys.  You could call them or send them an e-mail.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/At...tory/Index.cfm

They may not be able to tell you much as these matters may be of a personal nature.  Again remember the players involved are human beings and as such are entitled to a certain amount of privacy, even if they are D-I athletes at our school.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Yeah dude, they are....I played for Steigelmeier John and he is a cool cat.....But I love that new coach they have.....Cartier Walker, I is very opinionated.

Bon Voyage mon ami.

Comment

if I had a chance to play ball here I would do everything in my power to see the field
              Unfortunately, that's the way it goes for many of us who don't have the talent to play but love the game.

Injuries play a big part in people leaving (Fischer, Delbridge, Deaver) also school can have an affect (Deaver, Hargens) and playing time can be a reason (Campbell) and sometimes kids just realize they don't want to put forth the commitment required to play at this level. It has been happening for a long time and is not a new phenomenon to SDSU. Ask Milwaukee or any other former player on this board how many freshman came in with them and how many seniors left.

It is what it is and we just have to move on.

Comment

Is there any truth to Hank Goff leaving?
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Got a call into my son to check it out and if he has talked with Hank. He was home this past week and never said anything about it. Will let you know when I hear back from him......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I asked Brock Gentile this morning in class about this and said no he's been working out with the team.

Comment

This thread seems kind of familiar to the one about Steve Holdren leaving after last Year doesn't it

Comment

and the one about Jordan Paula transferring to Augie to run Track.

Comment

Originally posted by friendlyjack
                          To add to that alot of people leave because of Playing time, but I dont think it was a problem with Goff, but maybe some of the others....Whats another one, oh yeah school; some of the guys dont like going to class....I know sometimes I dont like it
                          For someone who has the screen name friendlyjack you seem to make a lot of insinuations that are negative about the jacks. Having "partied with" some of the players does not give you insight into what may or may not have happened causing people to quit. My freshman class consisted of approx 35 kids with walk-ons, etc. By the time I graduated, that number was trimmed down to about half that and we had a large senior class. Here's the absolute truth about sports. People quit all of the time and for multiple reasons, many no one but the actual player really understand. To insinuate that the flood gates are opening up and people can't get off our team fast enough is inaccurate, inappropriate and detrimental to the team.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Ask Milwaukee or any other former player on this board how many freshman came in with them and how many seniors left.

My freshman class consisted of approx 35 kids with walk-ons, etc. By the time I graduated, that number was trimmed down to about half that and we had a large senior class
                            YEAH! What he said!

Comment

I believe for all parties involved it would be best if Mr. Moderator locked this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                                I asked Brock Gentile this morning in class about this and said no he's been working out with the team.
                                I retract my statement
                                Hart....says:
                                hey any truths in the rumors of goff and paula leaving the football team?
                                Wags says:
                                goff is done
                                Wags says:
                                i dont think paula is leavin

Comment

Working...
                                X