Jacks Schedule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks Schedule...

The HoboDay game - UCD could be a huge crowd with that being the only DI-AA game other than 1st year transitional Cent. Ark.

Also I wouldn't mind taking a 200k paycheck from Montana for two reasons. First is obviously the funding at a point where we are needing more scholarship money. Two is the fact we have a packed home schedule. That being said, I would still love to host the Griz at home.

Also note that we will only have one conference away game that year, hate to look past this year, but am drooling over 2007.

Hopefully the Jacks fans will use this year as one to try some key away games: Montana, UNI and NDSU are all great options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
      Central Arkansas went 11-3 last year in D2 and return a good portion of their starters.  Can't overlook that one either.
      Nah, you can overlook us. We will barely be able to dress out 22.

Comment

I agree 2006 will be a good year to go on the road with the Jacks especially with close games to UNI and NDSU. Montana would be a great road trip. If you don't take in a few of those games it will be a short season.

Comment

Only thing I worry about is only 4 home games and the 4 road games in a row. I'm guessing a split with the 4 road games would be considered good.
          With an extremely young defense a split out of these 4 games would be a huge victory especially since they are in the first 5 games.

I think if we come out of these games at 2-3 we are in good shape for the rest of the season. 1-4 and it could be a long climb out.

Comment

Originally posted by UCABEARS75

Nah, you can overlook us.  We will barely be able to dress out 22.
            Damn, you guys are already sandbagging?

By the way, South Dakota St. fans, we've really sucked the last few years.   And things are still in disarray around here even six months after Hurricane Rita (that was the other hurricane that you never hear about that hit the other side of the state and wiped everything out south of Lake Charles).   Should be an easy win for you guys.   I hope the stadium lights are fixed by that time.   If it is a day game, it will probably be very hot and humid.

Hey Bear fan,  I spent two very long weeks in Pine Bluff, Ark (don't ever want to stay there again) because of the hurricane.   We almost ended up staying in Little Rock.  I wish we would have because I would made the trip up to Conway for the North Alabama game to check you guys out.   I was needing a football fix about that time.   That would have been one hell of a game to watch.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72

Damn, you guys are already sandbagging?

By the way, South Dakota St. fans, we've really sucked the last few years.   And things are still in disarray around here even six months after Hurricane Rita (that was the other hurricane that you never hear about that hit the other side of the state and wiped everything out south of Lake Charles).   Should be an easy win for you guys.   I hope the stadium lights are fixed by that time.   If it is a day game, it will probably be very hot and humid.

Hey Bear fan,  I spent two very long weeks in Pine Bluff, Ark (don't ever want to stay there again) because of the hurricane.   We almost ended up staying in Little Rock.  I wish we would have because I would made the trip up to Conway for the North Alabama game to check you guys out.   I was needing a football fix about that time.   That would have been one hell of a game to watch.

Doc
              Pine Bluff, man that must have been rough. There is a whole world of difference between PB and Little Rock (or Conway). Maybe you will get to come up in the next couple of years. If so, I'll buy you a cold one!

p.s. We ain't sand-bagging. Just a little ole D-II team trying to get by.

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72

And things are still in disarray around here even six months after Hurricane Rita (that was the other hurricane that you never hear about that hit the other side of the state and wiped everything out south of Lake Charles).   Should be an easy win for you guys.   I hope the stadium lights are fixed by that time.  
                Doc
                Hope they took out Hurricane insurance on your new scoreboard :-/

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                  I agree 2006 will be a good year to go on the road with the Jacks especially with close games to UNI and NDSU. Montana would be a great road trip. If you don't take in a few of those games it will be a short season.
                  Don't forget to make the trip out to California to see the SDSU game against Cal Poly.

Comment

I will be making the trip to Cal Poly...........

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                      I will be making the trip to Cal Poly...........

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
                      footballfan,

I am glad that you are going to make the trip. I owe you an e-mail about places to stay and eat and will get on it.

I hope to see a lot of SDSU fans at the game. We are unfortunately a dry campus and do not have a real tailgating area. We do have a "Stampede Club" bar-b-que for boosters on the lawn just north of the stadium. Last year a member of the Montana State alumni club contacted our athletic dept. and made arrangements for their members to purchase tickets to the bar-b-que for $15 per person. Included with the food is all you can drink beer, wine and soda for two hours before the game. Might be worth the call to see if you can make similar arrangements. It would be great to meet and talk football with some great South Dakota State fans.

The GWFC should be a dog fight this year. I am looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99

Hope they took out Hurricane insurance on your new scoreboard :-/
                        Football scoreboard survived except for the panels on the top saying McNeese State Cowboys and the logo panel above that.  The new baseball scoreboard which was completed a couple of days before the storm was wiped out along with the outfield wall and the third base dugout.   But Daktronics has already replaced it.

Comment

Pine Bluff, man that must have been rough.  There is a whole world of difference between PB and Little Rock (or Conway).  Maybe you will get to come up in the next couple of years.  If so, I'll buy you a cold one!

p.s.  We ain't sand-bagging.  Just a little ole D-II team trying to get by.
                          There "ain't nuthin" of interest in Pine Bluff, Ark. Two weeks there in a hotel felt like a month. You can only go to Wal-mart and Lowe's so many times looking for gas cans, generators, and other supplies to bring home. :-)

I'd rather had stayed in Little Rock. But the normal seven hour or so drive to Pine Bluff from Sulphur took our little caravan 22 hours. I was caravaning 8 vehicles of 16 relatives (all in laws). Not something I want to repeat. Next hurricane will have to be a Cat. 5 to get me to leave again. Besides I don't have any trees left that can fall on my house.

Doc

Comment

p.s.  We ain't sand-bagging.  Just a little ole D-II team trying to get by.
                            Uh huh, right!

You talking to a proclaimed master of sandbagging here.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Dakota
                              2006 JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
                              SEPTEMBER
                              2 WISCONSIN-LaCROSSE, 7 p.m.
                              9 at Montana, 1:05 p.m. MT
                              16 at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
                              23 at Nicholls State, 2 p.m.
                              30 at McNeese State, 7 p.m.
                              OCTOBER
                              7 CENTRAL ARKANSAS, 7 p.m.
                              14 open date
                              21 at Cal Poly. TBA
                              28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m.
                              NOVEMBER
                              4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.
                              11 at Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
                              18 at North Dakota State, TBA
                              4-7, 5-6 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Dakota

2006 JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
                                SEPTEMBER
                                2 WISCONSIN-LaCROSSE, 7 p.m.
                                9 at Montana, 1:05 p.m. MT
                                16 at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
                                23 at Nicholls State, 2 p.m.
                                30 at McNeese State, 7 p.m.
                                OCTOBER
                                7 CENTRAL ARKANSAS, 7 p.m.
                                14 open date
                                21 at Cal Poly. TBA
                                28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m.
                                NOVEMBER
                                4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.
                                11 at Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
                                18 at North Dakota State, TBA
                                6-5 (again!)

Wins: LaCrosse, Nicholls or McNeese (one of them), Central Arkansas, UC Davis, William Penn, Southern Utah.
                                Losses: Montana, UNI, Nicholls or McNeese (the other one), Cal Poly, NDSU.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X