Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gopher Football Game!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jacks99
    The Pride there in '09 would make it double worth the trip!
    Couldn't agree more. Having the Pride blowing away the UofM band would go a long way to adding confidence to the players. Running out onto the field to the relative comfort of the team's theme music would do wonders.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Story about the game in today's Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...33/1002/SPORTS

Gopher football to host Jacks in '09

Stu Whitney
      swhitney@argusleader.com

Article Published: 04/13/06, 2:55 am

South Dakota State's rise to NCAA Division I status has produced another landmark date for fans to follow.

Nov. 14, 2009.

On that day, the Jackrabbits' football team will be in Minneapolis to face the University of Minnesota - SDSU's first Division I-A football opponent since moving up to the NCAA's I-AA ranks in 2004. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

"Though the Jacks have faced high-profile Division I opponents in other sports, its I-AA football status has meant filling schedules with teams such as NDSU, Cal-Davis, Georgia Southern and Cal Poly."

I was waiting for it the entire article. There was no way Stu could go an entire article about SDSU without throwing at least one subtle jab in there. And there it was towards the end. Not only does he slight our football team, but he manages to slight NDSU, UCD, GSU and Poly at the same time (4 big time 1-AA programs by the way). I envision little kids eating liver for the first time when thinking of Stu's face while typing this article.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
          I envision little kids eating liver for the first time when thinking of Stu's face while typing this article.
          If that is true, than it makes it more sweet.

However, it doesn't sit well that Stu wrote this article and not Solari.  I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and assume Chris is on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
            [quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1144848211/15#17 date=1144956199]I envision little kids eating liver for the first time when thinking of Stu's face while typing this article.
            If that is true, than it makes it more sweet.

However, it doesn't sit well that Stu wrote this article and not Solari.  I'll give them the benifit of the doubt and assume Chris is on vacation.[/quote]

Chris is in Florida for work.

Go State!

Comment

"Though the Jacks have faced high-profile Division I opponents in other sports, its I-AA football status has meant filling schedules with teams such as NDSU, Cal-Davis, Georgia Southern and Cal Poly."

I was waiting for it the entire article. There was no way Stu could go an entire article about SDSU without throwing at least one subtle jab in there. And there it was towards the end. Not only does he slight our football team, but he manages to slight NDSU, UCD, GSU and Poly at the same time (4 big time 1-AA programs by the way). I envision little kids eating liver for the first time when thinking of Stu's face while typing this article.
              Stu's given name must end in "pid."
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Think about it, you are the beat writter for USD and they tell you that you are going to write a story about how SDSU is going to play Minnesota. As you write, it becomes painfully clear that while Chris Solari will be at Big Ten Minnesota covering SDSU (possibly in the Gophers brand new stadium in front of a sell out crowd), you will more then likely be making yet another trip to Mankato, or Omaha, or Fayette Iowa to cover the Yotes play Upper Iowa. You start to get a little bitter and you lash out using your key pad as a weapon. Can you blame him? ;D

Comment

I don't think Stu is very happy with his job or his location.

It is not just SDSU articles where he uses these little jabs, its in just about all of his articles.

As a matter of fact during the girls state bb tournament a friend of mine who was sitting at the scorers table for the championship game told me that when stu walked out by the court to sit down in his spot the Sioux Falls kids were chanting "Stu Sucks" and a few other "kind" words.

I must say I did laugh when I heard that.

Comment

That is funny ;D

Comment

Should be a pretty packed crowd in 2009 with the new stadium. There will be a lot of buzz that year, people are going to want to check it out. With a capacity of 50,000 it will be more "cozy" than the Metrodome, plus there will be a decent contingent of Jackrabbit fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        Think about it, you are the beat writter for USD and they tell you that you are going to write a story about how SDSU is going to play Minnesota. As you write, it becomes painfully clear that while Chris Solari will be at Big Ten Minnesota covering SDSU (possibly in the Gophers brand new stadium in front of a sell out crowd), you will more then likely be making yet another trip to Mankato, or Omaha, or Fayette Iowa to cover the Yotes play Upper Iowa. You start to get a little bitter and you lash out using your key pad as a weapon. Can you blame him? ;D
                        OK, my "pid" comment was a cheap shot . . . the rest of the article is actually not too bad at all. That one paragraph is pretty jarring though to anyone who actually knows anything about I-AA football.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It is a pretty good article, I was just having a little fun too.

Go State!

Comment

How does the editor not say something to Stu? Mention LaCrosse or William Penn, not the prominent IAA schools. Goes to show you that your average SD person thinks Northern St. and Augie are bigger names thatn Poly, Davis or GS.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wow! This news makes an incoming Pride freshman ecstatic! Especially since I didnt have school on Thursday and I didn't find out the news until this afternoon when I was reading the Fargo Forum. This is gonna be a heckuva sweet deal. I cant wait to see the jacks and my home state rodents play. Regarding earlier discussion, I do think the Pride will be up to par with the Pride of MN, but nothing compares to Big Ten Marching Bands. I'm tellin you, the Gophs have a fine band; I've seen them multiple times in person. This is one excited Jackrabbit-to-be!!!! ;D
                              "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                                I would love to see us get into a 2 year rotation with the Huskers and the Gophers.  They both would be great moneymaking ventures as travel costs would be limited.  
                                Every other year might be too often for the jacks to play the same Major College football team and it might be too often for either of them to play SDSU.  But it isn't all that far to Ames to play Iowa State so let's hope to see them in the picture.  Iowa City (Iowa) and Madison (Wisconsin) really aren't prohibitively far away and there may be some other Big 12 teams within reasonable travelling distance too.

Comment

Working...
                                X