Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Jackrabbit 2 deep

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    [quote author=JackTwice link=1152582670/0#9 date=1152839841]On his first day of being cleared for activity he hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield.  Coach said he stopped practice just to be sure it was ok that Andy was doing that.  
     He probably stopped it because he was surprised Andy threw a pass that long ;D.  Kardoes always looks a little nervous when there is a pass play.  In my opinion and some football friends opinion I think they want to see a more balanced Offense rushing and passing wise.  We'll see what happens.[/quote]

From everything I know/hear about Andy is that he has one of the best arms around. Just doesn't appear to be all that accurate. Hopefully the game will slow down a bit for him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
      [quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1152582670/0#11 date=1152847632]I like the position we are in with our QB's.  Any one of the 3 mentioned QB's will be able to do the job.  Not a bad postition to be in at all.
      Where does Burkhardt fit into the mix?[/quote]

I forgot to mention him. No doubt he will push for the starting role as well.

Comment

A couple of guys I'm curious about is linebacker Brad Herman of Luverne and Adam Monke the highly touted running back from Nebraska. Both guys seemed to do well on scout teams last year. Herman seems to have the size to play linebacker. It's my understanding Monke was moved to defensive. I don't expect true freshman to make an immediate impact especially at the quarterback position, but it will be interesting to see how Corey Jeske will develop.

Comment

It is my understanding that Herman is now on the D-Line as a D-End and will be battling with Ruey Dei and Marcus Suhn this fall for playing time.

As far as Monke he is now a corner. My sources tell me his best bet for pt this fall would be on special teams.

Comment

Ruey at 6'5 looks to be a great athlete. I hoped he added some weight if he is going to be rushing the quarerback from the defensive end position. I wonder if the plan is to redshirt all incoming freshman. I assume if their is a lack of depth or someone is capable of stepping right in and playing ie Hank Goff they will not redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
              Ruey at 6'5 looks to be a great athlete. I hoped he added some weight if he is going to be rushing the quarerback from the defensive end position. I wonder if the plan is to redshirt all incoming freshman. I assume if their is a lack of depth or someone is capable of stepping right in and playing ie Hank Goff they will not redshirt.
              According to his bio he is up to 235 lbs. I believe he was at 205 or 215 last year. Like you said, he looks to be a great athlete. I thought I heard that he only played 2 years of high school/organized football? I have high hopes for this kid. We haven't had a stud DE for a loooong time. Hopefully, both him and Bonewell with be studs this year.

Comment

If Antonio Thompson does redshirt as expected he should be a real force at DE for years to come. The Jacks should feel fortunate he wanted to stay close to home as IMHO he is a DIA calibre athlete. It sounds like he wants to wrestle in his junior and senior year which will be very entertaining.

Comment

I believe there will be 15 to 16 DL at fall camp. Hopefully that will provide depth. Pontrelli, Schroeder,Nobiling and probably Bonwell will take the majority of the snaps with Jones, Hermann, Bazata, and Suhn backing them up. The top 8 DL will rotate thru out the game. Possibily 1 freshman will have his shirt pulled, all depends on how they all preform at fall camp. I think we have some very good athletes in this group, also only 1 Sr and 3 Jr among them, the rest are SO and FR

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Ruey is definitely a project. He is a physical specimen (I have bumped into him this summer) but I have heard that he just doesn't have the football sense necessary yet. Hopefully that will come soon as he could be amazing if he played like he looked.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                      Ruey is definitely a project.  He is a physical specimen (I have bumped into him this summer) but I have heard that he just doesn't have the football sense necessary yet.  Hopefully that will come soon as he could be amazing if he played like he looked.
                      I've heard the same, he is a "project" that may or may not pay dividends in the end. I would not bank on him being the anchor of our D-line. Footballfan listed some pretty good kids and I look for them to form a cohesive unit.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I had a nice discussion with a couple football guys this weekend and came to the conclusion Wagner needs to be a bigger target this year, and the team is perfectly suited for a pocket passer. the defense will be full of battles for pt. less than 3 weeks before camp begins.

Comment

Ruey is a great kid, his upper body is tremendous. It is his lower body and legs that need the work. You are correct is saying he lacks in football knowledge. He is a smart kid, so hopefully he can adjust and be a big contributor to the line. He is very fast

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Comment

I think it will be fun to see how the LB battles play out in fall camp. We have some excellent athletes there. Coach Buback will have a difficult time chosing among them. Kranz and Hoogeveen will probably get the nod but Jackson, Johnson,Kubesh, Grimlie and Stone will be right there in the wings. It is so good to see some depth on the team

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

Has anyone seen the transfer from Arizona State Britton Gouch?

Comment

the team is perfectly suited for a pocket passer
                                Unfortunately what the players wants the players don't always get. The offense is perfectly suited (and designed) for a mobile QB.

Wagner needs to be a bigger target this year
                                AGREE TOTALLY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY! Wags was a victim of the QB's looking for #1 first (Josh Davis, A pretty good target to look for) This year, with some unknowns in the receiving corps I think that Wags should see the ball some more. It was an athletic Tight End like Wags that sunk us in the Montana State game in 2005.

Possibily 1 freshman will have his shirt pulled
                                I think that the coaches will do anything not to pull the redshirt of this group. I think the best bet would be Batten or Basham but ONLY because of Injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X