Fall Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

I heard today that Watson is currently not practicing with the team. Anybody know anything?

Comment

I hope that is not true, JackTwice. I have not heard anything about that.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Just checking out the roster online, I don't remember seeing either of these two listed in our signings last year. Gouch from Arizona is also listed. Veskrna was quite the player in high school and a great wrestler as well, i don't know where he has been the last few years though. I seem to remember him pretty much carrying Gregory on both offense and defense in the state championship they played in.

23 Jordan Miranda DB 6-3 200 Fr. El Paso, Texas

52 Michael Veskrna LB 6-2 200 Jr. Gregory, S.D.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
          That is a nice sized DB.  Hopefully he has the speed to go along with it.  Only being a freshman he will probably gain some weight and end up as a LB.

Comment

Just checking out the roster online, I don't remember seeing either of these two listed in our signings last year.  Gouch from Arizona is also listed.  Veskrna was quite the player in high school and a great wrestler as well, i don't know where he has been the last few years though.  I seem to remember him pretty much carrying Gregory on both offense and defense in the state championship they played in.

I suspect that Miranda came as the result of Coach Burrios connection. Coach Burrios was on the SDSU staff for a few years and then was in the brokerage business in Brookings. I had heard he went back to El Paso to coach high school ball. Some one mentioned that he had some prospects for SDSU. This was during a private conversation which for the life of me I cant recall who said it.

Comment

coach barrios' son derek is doing good at DSU starting lineman i think this is his fourth year starting. graduated with me and wags and some other good athletes from the brookings high school class of 2003. coach was up here around the 4th for a little vacation said he loved being back home and coaching but he misses watching derek play. strong man of god. he really missed home after he stopped coaching here. he is a good judge of talent i must say and can't wait to see what else he sends our way.

Comment

He is a prospect of both Barrios and Kevin Jones who coach at Coronado High School in El Paso. TX.
                This high school is where Barrios went to high school and former Jackrabbit "Jonesy" has been coaching there for about 5 or 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                  He is a prospect of both Barrios and Kevin Jones who coach at Coronado High School in El Paso. TX.
                  This high school is where Barrios went to high school and former Jackrabbit "Jonesy" has been coaching there for about 5 or 6 years.

Off topic, but thanks to Rabbitden for knowing where Jonesy is at. Not that I'd ever get ahold of him or anything, just knew he was trying to stay in coaching, and I believe got out of it for a while.  Hope he's having success.

*edit*

For those that know and love Jonesy, here he is http://www.coronadofootball.com/Meet...ches/Jones.htm
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Just checking out the roster online, I don't remember seeing either of these two listed in our signings last year.  Gouch from Arizona is also listed.  Veskrna was quite the player in high school and a great wrestler as well, i don't know where he has been the last few years though.  I seem to remember him pretty much carrying Gregory on both offense and defense in the state championship they played in.

Link to Jordan Miranda on the Coronado Football Page http://www.coronadofootball.com/Meet...danMiranda.htm
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                      I heard today that Watson is currently not practicing with the team.  Anybody know anything?
                      This is true he is not practicing but will be here for the season opener.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        [quote author=JackTwice link=1154357257/15#15 date=1156267385]I heard today that Watson is currently not practicing with the team.  Anybody know anything?
                        This is true he is not practicing but will be here for the season opener.[/quote]

Any reason? Injury? Discipline?

Comment

Ummm I'm not really at liberty to say what's going on but it's gonna work things out. But he was practicing last night with the team when I stopped by Coughlin. But it looks like Jaron and Micah Johnson are gonna be at number one on the depth chart at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                            [quote author=Rabbitden link=1154357257/15#21 date=1156455957]He is a prospect of both Barrios and Kevin Jones who coach at Coronado High School in El Paso. TX.

Off topic, but thanks to Rabbitden for knowing where Jonesy is at. Not that I'd ever get ahold of him or anything, just knew he was trying to stay in coaching, and I believe got out of it for a while.  Hope he's having success.

*edit*

For those that know and love Jonesy, here he is http://www.coronadofootball.com/Meet...ches/Jones.htm[/quote]

Nice to see Jonesy is doing well. Doesn't look a day older than he did back on campus in Brookings. Wonder if he will make it back at all?

As for Watson, he needed a little motivation last year too. I would like to see Stig find a primary back but with the talent we have and the different running styles I suspect we will see a platoon type system unless he decides to make one of the back a 3rd down back.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X