Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU celebrates Super Bowl victory

Originally posted by 1bunnies
    Why subscribe to the Argus. It's all free on-line. Give me a warning if you have to, but Stu is an idiot and a moron.
    Actually, I thought Stu was a sports journalist who often wrote columns with stupid and mornoic comments that torked readers of the Argus.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      Actually, I thought Stu was a sports journalist who often wrote columns with stupid and mornoic comments that torked readers of the Argus.
      Thank you NightHawk. I should apologize for the initial quip. Stu may be a very intelligent individual who likes to write with a slant the I don't approve of. That doesn't make him stupid, an idiot, or a moron it just makes him Stu. I doubt Stu needs or expects an apology when readers disapprove of his take on things but I should apologize to those who read this forum.

So, I think Stu wrote some stupid and moronic comments and wish he would be more flattering towards SDSU. If I don't see a change I might drop my subscription to the Argus.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Deep breath....alright, here goes.  I have what would be considered a gigantic issue with the Sports Media in Sioux Falls.  I spent my entire life in the Brookings area until about a year and a half ago when I moved because of a job offer.  I read the Argus Leader on a somewhat regular basis and agree with the posts on this topic, in that, they don't cover SDSU very well if at all.  I believe that if SDSU is the only D1 University that it should be covered a little more than any other school in SD.  I only say a "little more" because I understand that the school is in Brookings and there are schools right here in SF.  I can concede that those schools should be covered ALMOST as much as SDSU.  We all know that's not the case, however.  What I don't understand is how much press USD and ESPECIALLY USF gets in the media.  I think they are covered way more than SDSU and it is almost always in a positive light.  The Argus is, and probably always will be, poor in terms of covering the Jacks.  But, what's even more pathetic than the Argus Liar is the Craig and Mike show on 1230 in the afternoon.  To hear these guys talk about USD and USF is pathetic.  What's the interest level with USF?  I have never understood why they seem to get so much attention, yet even after moving here, I have NEVER met a USF fan.  Not even one!  If you listen to the Craig and Mike show, I WILL GUARANTEE you will hear more about DSU track than you will about any SDSU sport outside of the weekly Jackrabbits show.  When I moved here, I thought it would be neat to listen to their show in the afternoons on 1230.  After about 6 months, I purchased XM radio so that I could listen to the afternoon ESPN Radio shows instead of those 2 idiots.  Even the topics they do cover, they don't really seem to know what they're talking about...especially if they dive into professional sports.  I could hold a more intelligent sports conversation with someone at an area bar than these 2 guys.  I have no respect for their knowledge on area sports and don't consider their opinions to be relevant in any arena.  The Sports Show on 910 in Brookings in the morning is HANDS DOWN better than those 2 idiots.  I'm guessing I've lost most readers at this point, but at least I got this all of my chest.  I'm off to discover a USF fan...I'll find one eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
          Deep breath....alright, here goes.  I have what would be considered a gigantic issue with the Sports Media in Sioux Falls.  I spent my entire life in the Brookings area until about a year and a half ago when I moved because of a job offer.  I read the Argus Leader on a somewhat regular basis and agree with the posts on this topic, in that, they don't cover SDSU very well if at all.  I believe that if SDSU is the only D1 University that it should be covered a little more than any other school in SD.  I only say a "little more" because I understand that the school is in Brookings and there are schools right here in SF.  I can concede that those schools should be covered ALMOST as much as SDSU.  We all know that's not the case, however.  What I don't understand is how much press USD and ESPECIALLY USF gets in the media.  I think they are covered way more than SDSU and it is almost always in a positive light.  The Argus is, and probably always will be, poor in terms of covering the Jacks.  But, what's even more pathetic than the Argus Liar is the Craig and Mike show on 1230 in the afternoon.  To hear these guys talk about USD and USF is pathetic.  What's the interest level with USF?  I have never understood why they seem to get so much attention, yet even after moving here, I have NEVER met a USF fan.  Not even one!  If you listen to the Craig and Mike show, I WILL GUARANTEE you will hear more about USF, DSU track, or Northern's Quilting team than you will about any SDSU sport outside of the weekly Jackrabbits show.  When I moved here, I thought it would be neat to listen to their show in the afternoons on 1230.  After about 6 months, I purchased XM radio so that I could listen to the afternoon ESPN Radio shows instead of those 2 idiots.  Even the topics they do cover, they don't really seem to know what they're talking about...especially if they dive into professional sports.  I could hold a more intelligent sports conversation with someone at an area bar than these 2 guys.  I have no respect for their knowledge on area sports and don't consider their opinions to be relevant in any arena.  The Sports Show on 910 in Brookings in the morning is HANDS DOWN better than those 2 idiots.  I'm guessing I've lost most readers at this point, but at least I got this all of my chest.  I'm off to discover a USF fan...I'll find one eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea
            Deep breath....alright, here goes.  I have what would be considered a gigantic issue with the Sports Media in Sioux Falls.  I spent my entire life in the Brookings area until about a year and a half ago when I moved because of a job offer.  I read the Argus Leader on a somewhat regular basis and agree with the posts on this topic, in that, they don't cover SDSU very well if at all.  I believe that if SDSU is the only D1 University that it should be covered a little more than any other school in SD.  I only say a "little more" because I understand that the school is in Brookings and there are schools right here in SF.  I can concede that those schools should be covered ALMOST as much as SDSU.  We all know that's not the case, however.  What I don't understand is how much press USD and ESPECIALLY USF gets in the media.  I think they are covered way more than SDSU and it is almost always in a positive light.  The Argus is, and probably always will be, poor in terms of covering the Jacks.  But, what's even more pathetic than the Argus Liar is the Craig and Mike show on 1230 in the afternoon.  To hear these guys talk about USD and USF is pathetic.  What's the interest level with USF?  I have never understood why they seem to get so much attention, yet even after moving here, I have NEVER met a USF fan.  Not even one!  If you listen to the Craig and Mike show, I WILL GUARANTEE you will hear more about DSU track than you will about any SDSU sport outside of the weekly Jackrabbits show.  When I moved here, I thought it would be neat to listen to their show in the afternoons on 1230.  After about 6 months, I purchased XM radio so that I could listen to the afternoon ESPN Radio shows instead of those 2 idiots.  Even the topics they do cover, they don't really seem to know what they're talking about...especially if they dive into professional sports.  I could hold a more intelligent sports conversation with someone at an area bar than these 2 guys.  I have no respect for their knowledge on area sports and don't consider their opinions to be relevant in any arena.  The Sports Show on 910 in Brookings in the morning is HANDS DOWN better than those 2 idiots.  I'm guessing I've lost most readers at this point, but at least I got this all of my chest.  I'm off to discover a USF fan...I'll find one eventually.
            Amen Brotha Rabbit testify to the unsaved and unbelievers. [smiley=beer.gif]

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

One of the first things I did when I returned to the state was to subscribe to the Argus.  Now, after the crappy coverage over the last 2 weeks, a wet newspaper if even one drop of rain falls, and the daily ignorance displayed by Beck and his cronies, I'm ready to dump their butts.  This week will make or break it for me and I suggest others consider the same.
              At least you haven't found your newspaper in your gutter a week after the print date. When we used to go out to find the paper, it was actually an adventure as to where their aim put it each time. The paper in the gutter was probably the most extreme case, but it was almost always difficult to find. All this after we repeatedly asked them not to throw the paper from the street, which is probably 40 yards from the house.

We finally got a new paperboy though. He puts it on the doorstep...

Comment

Rabbitin Tea,

Thank you for saying exactly what many of us here are thinking. Sioux Falls wants to be a city and yet their major media people think small. There has to be more SDSU grads in Sioux Falls than any other college, period. Therefore, it would stand to reason that some focus would be on SDSU. Not to mention that SDSU is now a DI university.

Obviously, Craig, Mike, Stu, Randall, all know this. What is their excuse? I can't answer that question. Things will have to change. The most recent editions of the Argus are even more pitiful than those before. Its almost laughable and really a potential source of shame for all South Dakotans. I hate to sound like I am pleading but for the sake of all of South Dakota, get a clue.

No one cares about USF, no one cares about the freakin stampede, canaries, lawdogs or whatever crappy semi-pro team in now en vogue. SDSU is what people are interested in, win or lose. I guarantee it (did I spell that right?).
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hah! Lawdogs... They have improved but aren't much more than a pickup game. Just to kick FG's for them, my buddy had to make his own goalposts out of PVC!!!!

Comment

I had a good feeling most on this site would agree with me. However, it's the others that need to be convinced. I'm not certain there's a logical solution at this point.

Comment

Well I would Consider tonights Game as Pretty Dang Close to a Super Bowl Victory as you can get.

Comment

Working...
                      X