CAP'N CAT HEADING TO UCA GAME!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CAP'N CAT HEADING TO UCA GAME!!!

Wow, I'm with you RabbitLivingInVermillion. Last time I knew someone who stayed at the Sonshine, it more of a temporary thing...should've been by the hourly rate if ya know what I'm sayin'. I would make sure you're nice and drunk so you don't remember anything about the place.

Comment

To be honest it looks like they have been doing alot of work on the Sonshine lately.  I know new carpet has been order if not in already.  The guy that runs it has been trying to pretty it up.  I havent been in there lately but a rooms a room.  I have made it through plenty of nasty rooms in Tiajuana, MX just by making sure I had plenty of kerosene in my blood before I made it back to the room.

I think the Sonshine will be fine for you.  :

Have fun, enjoy the game and GO JACKS!

P.S.
      Anyone else notice the tone in the UCA fans entries?  Must be something with schools that begin with "U".

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        [quote author=Capn Cat link=1160058565/0#7 date=1160078416][quote author=89rabbit link=1160058565/0#6 date=1160077896]Link for Hotels:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=...l&ct=title

I would say your best bets are the ones close to I-29 very close to campus and most are newer (Holiday Inn Express, Super 8, and Fairfield are the newest).  

Go State!  

I checked all those an they're full!  That oughta teach me to make these plans so late.  Anyway, got one at the Sonshine.  Reviews said it was OK.

[/quote]

Unfortunately Sonshine is the oldest motel in Brookings. The old cliche that you get what you pay for applies here. Last time I stayed it was not good as I recall.

There is a Super 8 in Dell Rapids, just off I-29. Its new and clean and 30 miles south of Brookings. If you are coming up I-29 it would be on the way and work on your return trip too.

Also west of Brookings on US 14 is the Arlington Inn, that was formally the Super 8 is okay. This would be 20 miles west of Brookings.

Those are the two closest ones that I can think of. Sioux Falls should be okay as well as Watertown to the north of Brookings.[/quote]

the super 8 in dell rapids is now called the billmar inns and suites, in case they decide to go there . it is a nice , clean motel.

Comment

Originally posted by Capn Cat
          [quote author=89rabbit link=1160058565/0#6 date=1160077896]Link for Hotels:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=...l&ct=title

I would say your best bets are the ones close to I-29 very close to campus and most are newer (Holiday Inn Express, Super 8, and Fairfield are the newest).

Go State!

I checked all those an they're full! That oughta teach me to make these plans so late. Anyway, got one at the Sonshine. Reviews said it was OK.

[/quote]

In all honesty, the place didn't look too bad when I lived in that neighborhood, but I always wondered about the folks coming in and out of it that made me wonder. Maybe it was just camp divorce or something. Always seemed to be scruffy looking guys just sitting outside at midday. Good luck.

Comment

Some of you guys got me worryin' so I looked around. Nothings open in Madison, even! Worried only cuz I'n bring the Little Cats with me and don't want them to trip in the room and fall on a broken crack pipe or syringe!

We'll see what happens. What I gotta do is firm up with some honey Jack coed who will let me and the boys stay in her dorm room!

;D ;D ;D

Comment

Some of you guys got me worryin' so I looked around.  Nothings open in Madison, even!  Worried only cuz I'n bring the Little Cats with me and don't want them to trip in the room and fall on a broken crack pipe or syringe!

We'll see what happens.  What I gotta do is firm up with some honey Jack coed who will let me and the boys stay in her dorm room!

;D ;D ;D

Now you're talking Cap'n

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden

P.S.
                Anyone else notice the tone in the UCA fans entries?  Must be something with schools that begin with "U".
                I've noticed as well. Seems they have a huge chip on their collective shoulder (UCABEAR75 seems pretty cool though)....

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                  [quote author=Rabbitden link=1160058565/15#16 date=1160131958]

P.S.
                  I've noticed as well.  Seems they have a huge chip on their collective shoulder (UCABEAR75 seems pretty cool though)....[/quote].
                  No chip here, just have alot of faith in my team! GO BEARS!

Comment

BTW, I collect wild cacti. Any growing in the Brookings area? Found some near Ortonville, MN, a number of weeks ago.

8-) 8-) 8-)

Comment

Some of you guys got me worryin' so I looked around.  Nothings open in Madison, even!  Worried only cuz I'n bring the Little Cats with me and don't want them to trip in the room and fall on a broken crack pipe or syringe!

We'll see what happens.  What I gotta do is firm up with some honey Jack coed who will let me and the boys stay in her dorm room!

;D ;D ;D

Its been a few years since I stayed at the Sonshine. Rabbitden said, it appears some improvements have or are being made. So it may be okay.

Sonshine is in the west end of town and on US 14 that is also sixth street, and there is a park about a block away, Pioneer park which might give your youngesters a chance to move about. Sixth Street which is US 14 and a main traffic street going east and west is still partially under construction. When you get off I-29 and go west you will have to follow some detour signs for a few blocks. This project has been going on all summer.

As an alternative I believe you can go from off I-29, Exit 132 west to 22 Ave. If you turn right on 22 ave you will be on the edge of the SDSU campus and you will see Coughlin Alumni Staduim. Drive towards the staduim and weave yourself over Medary Ave which is 10th ave, and head south again to sixth st you will miss the construction all together.

Going west sixth street to Main street is open and Sonshine is maybe one or two blocks from Main ave. There are no 10th and 4TH aves in Brookings as these two avenues are named Medary and Main Ave's. Otherwise most of the old part of Brookings is numbered streets and avenues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                        [quote author=Rabbitden link=1160058565/15#16 date=1160131958]

P.S.
                        I've noticed as well.  Seems they have a huge chip on their collective shoulder (UCABEAR75 seems pretty cool though)....[/quote]

Well, here is hoping our guys can knock that chip off their shoulder. I think its going to be one hell of a good game and I hope I can make it. I know were headed down there next year so a rivalry might be a nice thing to start.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X