Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mc Neese Game

Doc,

The team is back in Brookings. Talked with my son yesterday. We did leave one player there for surgury for a ruptured spleen, but everyone else is home. Looking forward to a good game this weekend. Wish I was able to make the trip.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
      Doc,

The team is back in Brookings. Talked with my son yesterday. We did leave one player there for surgury for a ruptured spleen, but everyone else is home. Looking forward to a good game this weekend. Wish I was able to make the trip.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
      Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought.

Hey, is your son on the team? If he is let me know who he is. Either here, or by private message here, or by email. My email is mcneese72@cox.net. If you do that, I'll try to get a good picture of him at the game and send it to you.

Doc

Comment

Staying in Beaumont, TX Friday night and bussing to the stadium from there.
        See you Sat. Doc.
        Den

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
          Staying in Beaumont, TX Friday night and bussing to the stadium from there.
          See you Sat. Doc.
          Den
          I'm buying the shirt on the way to the tailgate area Friday.  

Here is what you are looking for in the picture below.   The geauxcowboys.com tent on the inside first row of the Westside Reserved Area.  It is on spots 16 & 18.   The numbers are painted on the row.   The tailgate area is West of the football stadium and the track and behind the leftfield wall (well, it used to be a wall before Rita blew it down, now it is temporarily a fence) of the baseball stadium.

Our menu for Saturday is changing since the father of one our tailgate who was supposed to cook the jambalaya ended in the hospital with surgery.    But if you really want some jambalaya or other Cajun cooking, walk around the tailgate areas in your Jackrabbit attire with me and I'm sure we will find some.

Any other Jackrabbit fans coming down to Lake Charles (including administration officials) are welcomed to visit us in the tailgate area.  

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72
            [quote author=Rabbitden link=1159122004/15#17 date=1159224180]Staying in Beaumont, TX Friday night and bussing to the stadium from there.
            See you Sat. Doc.
            Den

Here is what you are looking for in the picture below.   The geauxcowboys.com tent on the inside first row of the Westside Reserved Area.  It is on spots 16 & 18.   The numbers are painted on the row.   The tailgate area is West of the football stadium and the track and behind the leftfield wall (well, it used to be a wall before Rita blew it down, now it is temporarily a fence) of the baseball stadium.

Our menu for Saturday is changing since the father of one our tailgate who was supposed to cook the jambalaya ended in the hospital with surgery.    But if you really want some jambalaya or other Cajun cooking, walk around the tailgate areas in your Jackrabbit attire with me and I'm sure we will find some.

Any other Jackrabbit fans coming down to Lake Charles (including administration officials) are welcomed to visit us in the tailgate area.  

[/quote]

McNeese72, McNeese75, McTailgator, and the crew are wonderful hosts at the tailgate.  Enjoyed cheering them on (McNeese) against USF in Tampa (I live in SW FLA).

From the USF game, McNeese played basically even with U. So. FLA for three quarters.  Cowboys got beat by special teams mistakes (two blocked punts) led to short field TDs in that game.  That, and the defense was worn down as they spent a ton of time on the field.  

Go Jacks!!! But enjoy some of the best the LA has to offer at Lake Charles.

Doc & Co. thanks for the good time at Tampa!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
              [quote author=McNeese72 link=1159122004/15#18 date=1159227611][quote author=Rabbitden link=1159122004/15#17 date=1159224180]Staying in Beaumont, TX Friday night and bussing to the stadium from there.
              See you Sat. Doc.
              Den

[/quote]

McNeese72, McNeese75, McTailgator, and the crew are wonderful hosts at the tailgate.  Enjoyed cheering them on (McNeese) against USF in Tampa (I live in SW FLA).

From the USF game, McNeese played basically even with U. So. FLA for three quarters.  Cowboys got beat by special teams mistakes (two blocked punts) led to short field TDs in that game.  That, and the defense was worn down as they spent a ton of time on the field.  

Go Jacks!!! But enjoy some of the best the LA has to offer at Lake Charles.

Doc & Co. thanks for the good time at Tampa![/quote]

You are very welcome!   You fit right in with your Jackrabbit blue and gold (or is it yellow? :-)  ).

Doc

Comment

Here's a link to McNeese State's weekly release: http://www.netitor.com/photos/school...ly-release.pdf

SDSU's weekly release is also now available on http://www.gojacks.com/

“Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I want to reinforce Doc's invitation to all the Jack fans coming to the game this weekend. Just vist the tailgate area and you will be wined and dined

Rabid, we are going to miss ya this weekend!

Comment

McNeese State is taking the Jacks very seriously:
                    http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports...092706aab.html
                    "Their 1-3 record this season is deceiving," said McNeese head coach Tommy Tate. "They have played some tough football teams (nationally ranked Montana and Northern Iowa).

"Right now they are doing some good things. Up front on offense they are big and strong and very athletic and they are good at rushing the football. They do a good job of playing team defense and they try not to give up the big play.

"We're going to have our hands full with them."

Quarterback Andy Kardoes and running back Cory Koenig lead the team on offense. Kardoes has completed 50 of 101 passes for 509 yards and two tds and he has also rushed for 143 yards.

Koenig leads the team in rushing with 375 yards. Against Nicholls State last week the Jackrabbits ran for 223 yards with Kardoes getting 82 and Koenig 74. Kardoes was also 14 of 24 for 156 yards and two touchdowns passing.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The pre-game coverage continues:
                      http://www.americanpress.com/index.p...&Itemid=96
                      When South Dakota State made the move from Division II to Division I-AA in 2004, it seems that the Jackrabbits intended to learn what the higher division was all about from the top down.

In 2004, there were trips to Southern University, Cal Poly, Montana State and Georgia Southern. The Southern trip yielded SDSU its first-ever win over a I-AA program.

Last year, Montana and Texas State were added to the schedule. This year, it's been a gauntlet that has included Montana, Northern Iowa and Nicholls State, all playoff teams a year ago, and continues with a trip this week to McNeese State.

Less than three years into their I-AA life, the Jackrabbits have already seen the division's biggest fan base (Southern's Jaguar nation), two more of the nation's toughest home fields (Montana's Washington-Grizzly Stadium and Northern Iowa's UNI-Dome) and the two programs with the most national championships among current I-AA teams (Georgia Southern and Montana).

This week they get to visit another of the division's most storied venues in McNeese's Cowboy Stadium.
                      . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if SDSU had a media outlet willing to cover the football team with an article on Thursday for a Saturday game?

Line changes for McNeese (9/27) PDF Print E-mail

By GARY LANEY
                        AMERICAN PRESS

McNeese State's offense has been in transition all season. This week, injuries will force a change in the offensive line.

Cowboys head coach Tommy Tate said center Lance Fremin will likely miss the rest of the season with a broken ankle suffered in Saturday's 41-7 loss to Toledo, leading to a juggling of the line that will result in starting right guard Eman Neghavi moving to center for Saturday's home game against South Dakota State.

With Fremin out, McNeese will head to week four with four starters from the end of spring having been replaced in the offensive lineup. Three of the four are not available because of injury.
                        . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                          Wouldn't it be cool if SDSU had a media outlet willing to cover the football team with an article on Thursday for a Saturday game?

Line changes for McNeese (9/27)    PDF    Print    E-mail

By GARY LANEY
                          AMERICAN PRESS

McNeese State's offense has been in transition all season. This week, injuries will force a change in the offensive line.

Cowboys head coach Tommy Tate said center Lance Fremin will likely miss the rest of the season with a broken ankle suffered in Saturday's 41-7 loss to Toledo, leading to a juggling of the line that will result in starting right guard Eman Neghavi moving to center for Saturday's home game against South Dakota State.

With Fremin out, McNeese will head to week four with four starters from the end of spring having been replaced in the offensive lineup. Three of the four are not available because of injury.
                          . . .
                          I agree with Filbert, but if the Argus won't do it maybe we should do it ourselves. Write an article Filbert and submit it to the Argus and see if they will publish it in the Your Voice section.
                          http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...gory=YOURVOICE

Comment

I’ll keep it simple and steal a bit from our Louisiana friends: Let’s geaux, Rabbits! Geaux, State, Geaux!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
                              [quote author=filbert link=1159122004/15#25 date=1159535441]Wouldn't it be cool if SDSU had a media outlet willing to cover the football team with an article on Thursday for a Saturday game?

Line changes for McNeese (9/27) PDF Print E-mail

By GARY LANEY
                              AMERICAN PRESS

. . .
                              I agree with Filbert, but if the Argus won't do it maybe we should do it ourselves. Write an article Filbert and submit it to the Argus and see if they will publish it in the Your Voice section.
                              http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...gory=YOURVOICE
                              [/quote]
                              Oh, I have plenty of outlets for my creative muse, thanks. And, after all, the Internet is all about routing around network failures (like the Argus for instance).
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well, Its gameday! I know I am going to be logging on to the WNAX server early this week.

Since we are honoring our newest friends down south, spelling be damned!

Lets Gough Jacks!
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X