Crowd noise at games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crowd noise at games

I wanted to say one thing about the crowd since this is a "let's get better" thread. I don't remember one big third-down stop that wasn't appreciated by the crowd when I was playing. Making a big stop and running towards the sideline with the crowd ringing their cowbells is one of the things I miss most about playing. Our crowd is in to the games as much as any crowd out there. But like Haldersham said, it's just that most of them would rather sit and absorb than stand and project.

We'll get there. It all starts with the students, moves on to the younger parents/alums and will go from there.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Truth be told, it's just harder for old folks to make a lot of noise.

Heck, I'm (mumble-pretty-close-to-my-late-forties-mumble) years old, and I've occaionally had to back off on my loud clapping because I clap so hard my hands start to hurt! And I've yelled loudly and long enough to give myself a pretty nasty headache once or twice. Really.

That's why I like cowbells so much.

So y'all young'uns gotta understand, we old geezers want to make noise, but not so much that it actually, physically hurts.

Darn, my heel's hurtin' again. Maw, get the liniment!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Agreed, I can still tell I yelled a lot 8 days ago! I think there is a proper way to yell to not strain yourself?

Comment

I've noticed drinking crown and coke before the games loosen up the vocal chords and drinking warm liquids after the games kind of soothes them.

Comment

Warm liquids... like hot chocolate with a little peppermint schnapps?
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
              Warm liquids... like hot chocolate with a little peppermint schnapps?
              Works for me . Sounds kinda good... *note to self "Hobo Day warm up idea"*

Comment

Working...
              X