Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sioux Falls media bias against SDSU

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
    Never mind, I guess a 20 year fan of SDSU is a poser.  I apologize for offending this board with my idiotic comments.  
    Perhaps I'm wrong. Might want to finesse your way in a bit if you want to dish out what might be perceived as criticism and than not want an opinion in support of the Jackrabbits you claim to be a fan of. The fault might be mine here and if thats the case I ask you to reconsider. 

Now back on topic, nice coverage by Terry.  Looking foward to more from him.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Never mind, I guess a 20 year fan of SDSU is a poser. I apologize for offending this board with my idiotic comments.
      Whoah, that is some thin skin there. Cowboy up and defend your comments, don't just take your ball and go home.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
        [quote author=Statebasketballfan link=1162132156/0#10 date=1162254161]
        I don't think its that unfair to say "Shock" in the article.  UC Davis was ranked, we weren't.  We came from 11 down in the fourth quarter to beat them.  Some people left when we were down 21-7 at the half, I would think it came as a shock to them that we held UC Davis without a point during the second half, after giving up 21 and the worst performance of the season on defense during the first half.  
        Uh oh we may have a poser here.  Critical of a couple of verbal commitments on the basketball side and of some ill-timed injuries (which are certainly not the fault of anyone) and now unwilling to admit that we should be favored on homecoming in front of 15,000 against a team we beat the year before.  I've got to wonder about this poster.  Maybe I'm paranoid.

I don't think its a "shock" to beat a team only  two years ahead in the transition period on our home field.  We have 2 losses at the IAA level this year to teams ranked in the top 10.  We had 4 wins against previously ranked teams going into the UC-Davis game.  I'm going to have to throw the BS flag on this guy or at least suggest he is poorly informed (yes that mean ignorant).[/quote]

I don't understand the need to jump on someone the first time they question your argument.  He made some valid points, and while I wouldn't go as far as to call it a shock, we were likely considered underdogs in this game to people other than SDSU fans.  Just because it is someones first couple of posts, it doesn't mean he is a "poser".  Gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
          [quote author=jackmd link=1162132156/0#11 date=1162266865][quote author=Statebasketballfan link=1162132156/0#10 date=1162254161]
          I don't think its that unfair to say "Shock" in the article. UC Davis was ranked, we weren't. We came from 11 down in the fourth quarter to beat them. Some people left when we were down 21-7 at the half, I would think it came as a shock to them that we held UC Davis without a point during the second half, after giving up 21 and the worst performance of the season on defense during the first half.
          Uh oh we may have a poser here. Critical of a couple of verbal commitments on the basketball side and of some ill-timed injuries (which are certainly not the fault of anyone) and now unwilling to admit that we should be favored on homecoming in front of 15,000 against a team we beat the year before. I've got to wonder about this poster. Maybe I'm paranoid.

I don't think its a "shock" to beat a team only two years ahead in the transition period on our home field. We have 2 losses at the IAA level this year to teams ranked in the top 10. We had 4 wins against previously ranked teams going into the UC-Davis game. I'm going to have to throw the BS flag on this guy or at least suggest he is poorly informed (yes that mean ignorant).[/quote]

Never mind, I guess a 20 year fan of SDSU is a poser. I apologize for offending this board with my idiotic comments. [/quote]

jackmd, isn't it a bit aggressive after a couple posts to label someone a poser? I remember many calling me a poser after a few posts, but I'm still around and still lovin the Rabbits. All I'm saying is let the guy post for a bit before jumping all over him. If he were a poser, I'm guessing it would have shown soon enough.

Don't get mad Statebasketballfan. The standard response on this board to a differing opinion is a total pile on approach (myself sometimes included ). No matter how valid your points, some will disagree. Stick around and enjoy lively debate, that's what this board is for.

As for the coverage, at first, I was upset at the headline too. Then I thought about it some more, and if I had left the game at half, I may have been shocked at the comeback too.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
            I don't understand the need to jump on someone the first time they question your argument.  He made some valid points, and while I wouldn't go as far as to call it a shock, we were likely considered underdogs in this game to people other than SDSU fans.  Just because it is someones first couple of posts, it doesn't mean he is a "poser".  Gimme a break.
            I took his or her comments out-of-context. If you read the post in an objective fashion its clear that the point was more about the nature of the win as opposed to the expectation of winning. I certainly didn't mean to intimidate and for doing so I apologize. Now, back to the Jacks.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              [quote author=Jacks02 link=1162132156/15#17 date=1162276826]
              I took his or her comments out-of-context.  If you read the post in an objective fashion its clear that the point was more about the nature of the win as opposed to the expectation of winning.  I certainly didn't mean to intimidate and for doing so I apologize.  Now, back to the Jacks.[/quote]

Why is it Jackmd that you are always apologizing. Maybe you need to think it over before you post and then it won't happen so often. I'm surprised the moderators aren't telling you to "Breathe" and to settle down. Most all of us on here are Jacks fans, myself I have been following them for over forty years, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Heaven forbid the poor patient that gives you a bad first impression, they better call Rude's.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                Why is it Jackmd that you are always apologizing. Maybe you need to think it over before you post and then it won't happen so often. I'm surprised the moderators aren't telling you to "Breathe" and to settle down. Most all of us on here are Jacks fans, myself I have been following them for over forty years, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Heaven forbid the poor patient that gives you a bad first impression, they better call Rude's.
                Ouch. I think it would be important for you to understand that this is a forum where opinions are expressed about SDSU athletics and the like. Quite different from the occupation or life each of us is involved in on a day-to-day basis.

Its obvious that I am a little "nuts" about SDSU and therefore, at times, I get a little defensive about topics and my response isn't well thought out. I think the moderators know me well enough to understand that my reactions are only that and not pathological by any means. At least I hope.

Anyways, I'll continue to defend my stance in a fashion that may or may not be accpetable to everyone. I'll apologize when necessary, accepted or not. I'll keep supporting SDSU in body, spirit, and most importantly on the bottom line. Now, lets return the focus to SDSU.

Catchem can you kill this thread?

Comment

*From the Moderator

Yea, I think this thread has run it's course. Let's all try and keep the focus on the posts and not the posters.

Comment

Working...
                  X