Kyle Sheehan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kyle Sheehan

Does anybody know who Steven Gray is? I didn't see him on any of the rosters, but according to the weekly press release he won scout team special teams player of the week. Could he possibly be a freshman punter since this is Bainbridge's last year?

Comment

It is my understanding that Kyle was wearing #47. Did he switch numbers, or what has happened? There was another player wearing number 47 last night.

Comment

Anyone know what the story is with Sheehan?  It looks like he played against Nicholls St. and McNeese St. but hasn't played since?  

Comment

The young man is just out of high school and has stepped into a program with specific defensive schemes. I tend to think he is still learning the schemes and maybe at this point he can not add to the effectiveness of the existing starters. He probably needs time. I think he played in the Nichols game because Bonall was out with an injury, and maybe no one else was ready to play. I think we will see more of him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
            The young man is just out of high school and has stepped into a program with specific defensive schemes. I tend to think he is still learning the schemes and maybe at this point he can not add to the effectiveness of the existing starters. He probably needs time. I think he played in the Nichols game because Bonall was out with an injury, and maybe no one else was ready to play. I think we will see more of him next year.
            I think Haldersham is dead on here, my understanding is that Kyle isn't ready to just step in to this defense right now. He needs some more time to figure things out.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

To me, it looks like his arrival and immediate insertion into the lineup may have been the kick in the pants the rest of the D-line needed. Their play has seemed to pick up quite a bit since then. Might have been a a bit of a wake-up call.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

If he played in two games, and spot duty since, did they basically waste what could have been a redshirt year for him?
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

When we needed depth on the d-line, Sheehan may have volunteered to sacrifice his red-shirt. (Couldn't he red-shirt next season if we had the depth and it was determined that would be the best option?) I'm guessing that we'll see him at least a couple times (hopefully, we'll see a lot of fresh numbers for the William Penn game) before the season is over.

Comment

Speaking of our D-Line, that's where everything starts on D. This group is very young and very talented. I have a feeling our defense is going to be very good over the next few years.

Comment

Kyle will be an excellent player for us in the future, he is like every over freshman that comes in. He simply needs time and experience and those of you that have played can agree with that. He will get there, it just makes our line that much better next year.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I think seeing Sheehan perform and coming in with all his accolades out of high school, and then to see him not see the field too much, just makes me realize even more how much of a diamond we found in Danny Batten. What a stud. And to think he had one less semester of college football "training" than Sheehan did going to Purdue in January.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                          I think seeing Sheehan perform and coming in with all his accolades out of high school, and then to see him not see the field too much, just makes me realize even more how much of a diamond we found in Danny Batten.  What a stud.  And to think he had one less semester of college football "training" than Sheehan did going to Purdue in January.  
                          No doubt about that. You can through Schroeder in there as well. I think he's leading us in sacks and TFL from the interior DL. That's tough.

Comment

I believe the reason he is not playing is because he has been hurt since the Mcneese game...

Comment

Thanks for posting and welcome to the board, ddaly15. I see that he was listed on the depth chart last week, so hopefully it's a minor injury. My question is if he is injured, would it be possible for him to obtain a medical redshirt?

Comment

With the move to Division I, the rules are quite a bit different from D-2 on medical redshirts. You pretty much have to miss two seasons due to injury in D-I to be able to get a medical redshirt for one season. The NCAA wants these athletes to be done with school in 5 years. In D-2 if you played less than 1/3 (i believe) of the games and were injured for the rest of the year, no problem getting medical redshirt. This is the reason that many players lost their med redshirts with the move to D-I, including Kardoes who would be a junior in D-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X