Kyle Sheehan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kyle Sheehan

I heard rumblings about this transfer a couple weeks ago, but didn't want to post anything until it was official.  My question is this, even though our D-Line is thin right now, would you play Sheehan right away or since he obviously is coming into the program late would you redshirt him and have almost five full years.  Maybe he doesn't want to redshirt and that was part of the transfer deal, I guess i don't know the details.  I have heard however, that he will make an immediate impact if he does play.  In fact, I heard last year that some of the coaches thought he could have played on the D-Line as a high school senior when he was at our team camp - and that isn't a knock on our d-lineman as much as it is a testament to how talented he may be.  
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

The downside is that it's already the 4th game of the season. Regardless of this years situation with the losses, I think if a player is ready for this level and there is room on the roster, you play him. If they are green and need time to learn and increase size etc. then red-shirt them. However, since he is already on the depth chart I think the decision has been made. The future for the DL is looking bright!

Comment

I would play him.  He started classes at Purdue last Jan and participated in Spring ball so he's already has a grasp on college football.  Plus, he sounds like a real stud.  As Jack99 said, downside is it's the 4th game of the year, but, we still have a full conference slate ahead of us.

Comment

I think it would be wise to play him this year. I dont know the by-law by code number, but seems like there is a smaller time frame for an athlete to complete is eligibilty under D1AA than there is on D2.
          For that reason alone, I would play him.

I think Kyle deserves a chance and if he can add to the defense at this point, why not play him. With the season being less than sucessful in terms of wins, we dont have much to lose.

Does the name Tyler Murray ring a bell? He is playing for UND instead of us because of this goofy NCAA rule.

Comment

At the D-I level you have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility (unless you get an exemption - i/e Medical Red Shirt, etc.).

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
              I think it would be wise to play him this year. I dont know the by-law by code number, but seems like there is a smaller time frame for an athlete to complete is eligibilty under D1AA than there is on D2.
              For that reason alone, I would play him.

Does the name Tyler Murray ring a bell? He is playing for UND instead of us because of this goofy NCAA rule.
              I believe Kardoes will have a year remaining at a D2 school b/c of this as well. There may even be a few others....

Comment

The sad part was that Tyler Murray was a very good offensive line man. I would venture to say that he could take his share of credit in UND win over UNI. Maybe its good that USD, UND and Augie have their plans in the works for moving up to D1. These quirks in NCAA rules make for some strange bedfellows.
                Can you imagine Andy Kardoes wearing green on a Saturday next fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham

Tyler Murray doesn't really, but Taylor Murray does, he was the o-lineman for us and now playing at UND.  Just giving you a hard time Haldersham....
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                    [quote author=Haldersham link=1158854269/15#18 date=1158938038]

Tyler Murray doesn't really, but Taylor Murray does, he was the o-lineman for us and now playing at UND.  Just giving you a hard time Haldersham.... [/quote]

I am not surprised about the hard time. Thanks for the correction however. One letter does make a difference if that name is yours.

Comment

My question is this, even though our D-Line is thin right now, would you play Sheehan right away or since he obviously is coming into the program late would you redshirt him and have almost five full years.
                      It is my understanding that he is traveling this week.  I heard that he went to UNI last week.  Apparently he didn't get in the game.

Also, I believe the ruling is 10 semesters from the day you enroll in classes. So Kyle would still have 5 years to complete if he did red-shirt.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to Kyle Sheehan. It doesn't appear he played at McNeese after extensive playing time against Nichols? Is he injured?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          Does anyone know what happened to Kyle Sheehan. It doesn't appear he played at McNeese after extensive playing time against Nichols? Is he injured?
                          I thought I saw his name in the game participation section of the stats. Didn't look like he made any tackles though....

Comment

The Brookings Register in tonights print version has Eric Schroeder with the leader of 8 tackles. Also Eric got 1.5 sacks. I think we need to check the offical stats that should be posted by now.

As far I know I have not heard anything about being hurt. He may have had certain assignments that did not yeild tackles. I think this team was very quick and Sheehan has quickness so he could have been busy and never part of the tackles.

Comment

The defensive stats shows Sheehan has played in only one game and has 2 tackles. This appears to have occurred in the Nicholls game. The starters listed at DE for the McNeese game were Rei Dey and Jason Bonall.  Steve commented on the quickness of Rei Dey and he is tall and quick and maybe with this particular game, Sheehan may not have matched up with the quickness and experience of McNeese State. If something had happen to Kyle we would have known it by now. I just dont think he played at all in the McNeese game. Maybe he needs more time to acclaimate to our D schemes.

Comment

I looked through the McNeese72 pictures and I see a picture of No. 47 standing on the sidelines. I think he did make the game, just don't know if he played.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X