How many of you are pulling for Cal Poly this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many of you are pulling for Cal Poly this

I honestly think this weekend will be a bigger test for the Jacks than the Bison. Road game, 'weaker' opponent (on paper), HUGE game the following week. Man that sounds like a great scenario for a let down. Don't get me wrong, I hope not but it concerns me a little. I may listen to this one with a night-light on. It scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
      [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1162998099/0#2 date=1163000525]Count me in too, I really don't care if we back in the Great West Title, it has been too long since we won a conference title to care how we win it.   I am rooting for Cal Poly all the way.
      Our last title was in 1963.  Does anybody know if we "backed" into the title then?

Exactly, a title is a title and it doesn't matter if you win your first four games or your last four games to get it!  I used the term in another thread as a response to a buffalo chip fan and wished I wouldn't have!  It makes it sound like a team didn't earn a title when they most certainly did.

Go Cal-Poly, beat the Buffalo Chips!  Go Jacks and beat Southern Utah!  Then let's go up and bring the Dakota Marker back to SDSU and win the conference title outright!

SUPERBUNNY[/quote]

The History major in me can't resist, while I agree with your point, SDSU did not back into the 1963 NCC Championship they went 9-1 that season with the only loss coming to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This was a very good Jackrabbit football team.  Beyond the Conference wins the Jackrabbits also beat Colorado State, Montana State, and Arkansas State.

Like I said I agree with Superbunny's point, I just didn't want to slight the '63 rabbits.  

Go State!  

P.S. I will be pulling for the Mustangs so they keep their playoff hopes alive and we can have a chance to win the GWFC outright up in Fargo.

Comment

89Rabbit,

Thanks for the research!

I didn't mean any disrespect to the 1963 Jacks! My only point is that you win a conference title shared or not, you are champs for life!

Enjoy the game out there and good luck at the tables in Vegas!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
          89Rabbit,

Thanks for the research!

I didn't mean any disrespect to the 1963 Jacks!  My only point is that you win a conference title shared or not, you are champs for life!

Enjoy the game out there and good luck at the tables in Vegas!

SUPERBUNNY
          I know you weren't disrespecting the '63 rabbits, like I said the history major in me just took over.  

Go State!  

P.S. Filbert is going to Vegus, I will be hanging out with the wife and kids here in Kansas.  I will however get to enjoy a college football double header of sorts as I will listen to the Jacks and then head to Manhattan, KS to watch Kansas State host Texas in a night game.

Comment

I'll be going for the Bison.

We will be very loud despite the deer hunting, but i still expect +16,500

Comment

Working...
            X