X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
    Haveaclue,

You don't know how many of us hope you are right. We all hope that when the season is over you can come back here and say, "I told you so."
    That would in fact be my favorite scenario, personally. When we're 9-2, I would delight in Haveaclue coming back here and letting us know how fickle most of us are for doubting this year's football team.

But, if the final tally is 2-9, will he come back and say "well, I guess you guys were right, we really were that bad?" Right now, the latter record seems much more likely to me, much to my agony.

I want to be wrong about this team so much that I can almost taste it. I want these guys to be good. I want it bad.

But like my mother said, wanting don't make it so.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Are you responding to my short post about back peddling or are you refering to Have a Clue's venting posts.

I do hope we can have about four games equivalent in surprise as was the Southern game two year ago.

Comment

I guess I have to side with haveaclue a bite here.

From what I saw at the game on Saturday, Kardoes made a lot of tough throws while scrambling out of the pocket. I was very frustrated with his accuracy, and he doesn't seem to put a lot of touch on the ball. However, he has the ability to at least give the play a chance when blocking breaks down, which has happened a lot more than I would have liked.

I would prefer Berry at QB if I knew we were going to get protection and he could be a pocket passer. How many times would Berry have been sacked on Saturday? 2? 4? 6? At least Kardoes got out of the pocket to try to complete a pass.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It's only two games, but I'm dissapointed that Kardoes hasn't improved his throwing. Also, his biggest strength is his mobility. Either he needs to run for the first down more like games of the past or the coaches need to work more of the options in that we are starting to see. Maybe more of that at UNI?

I still would like to see the change be made at the begining of a game rather then the end. If Berry than start him, if Kardoes, let him finish the game, but wait for the next week to make the change. Maybe this will be the week? Maybe the coaches don't see much potential in the backups, but I'd like to see them get their shot with a start.

Comment

The only reason I can see for sticking with Kardoes at this point is that he has great athletic potential.  However, it doesn't seem like he is transferring that potential into great plays, and obviously not into wins.  Even if a guy has all the potential in the world, if he can't channel it during a game it doesn't do anyone any good.  From what I've seen and heard, Kardoes gets too rattled and hyped up during games, making him a little unstable mentally.  I think it is time to get Berry some game time experience to let him work out the kinks to be ready for next year.  Who knows, maybe it would turn things around, maybe not.  Kardoes should play somewhere on the field, but just because he is a senior doesn't mean he should still play at QB.  

I don't think we will be seeing Berry start anytime soon.  I doubt if he will even see much playing time unless Kardoes makes huge mistakes.  It seems like the coaches (especially Stig) are really stuck on Kardoes.  

Comment

here's what worries me. Berry is no better than Kardoes. I think the main problem here is that we don't have a viable option at QB. I'm not convinced Berry is the answer. Is he worth a shot? At some point you have to give it to him, but I wouldn't get too excited. I guess we'll see. One has to sit back and ask, If Kardoes isn't the man and it seems obvious, would the coaches really stick with him if there was someone better? That's what really worries me.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Thanks MJA, finally, someone else has said this. This has been my point since last year when this topic was getting beaten to death.

The old mule is dead lets stop whipping.

Comment

I liked Kardoes. He's tough and gutsy. I couldn't help notice however that he seemed to have a bit of a temper and got really frustrated as the game went on. IMO he seemed to be trying to do too much. He was much more effective in the first half than the second half. Near the end of the first half Kardoes left the field holding his wrist. He didn't seem to have much accuracy after that point but I couldn't see that he was hurt at all. After being crunched by Griz DE Mike Murphy early in the 3'rd qtr he totally abandoned trying to run to Murphys side of the field. Just my observations. Not trying to rub it in fellas.

Comment

I think Kardoes is a very tough kid. He'd make a hell of a safety.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

For a deceased equine, this thing still gets around the corral pretty good . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        For a deceased equine, this thing still gets around the corral pretty good . . .  
                        The Global Moderator's sense of humor is the best part of this message board. Good one.

Comment

The best part of this entire 6 page thread so far has to be BlueHat calling out HaveaClue's credibility for misspelling words. This coming from the master of run-on posts with no caps, no punctuation, and usually very little intelligent content.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Lets lighten up there a bit, jacks1. A message board is another form of entertainment..and it's free!

Comment

Apparently, knowing what is going on inside the athletic teams and the athletic department has no intelligent content.

Comment

Fair enough. Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to the information content of your posts.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X