Fargo Dome Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fargo Dome Copy

Dacotah field was terrible.  Wooden bleachers for seats, bad scoreboard, terrible turf, slippery steps, poor concessions, small crowds most of the time.   Sure it was fun, but that stadium ran its course and we outgrew it.  Inside football is the best.  Outside tailgate, inside ball.  Why?  The game is pure, the result is in the hands of the athletes.  Why let a football game be decided by wind, rain, snow or cold, at least if you can help it.  When you play in Fargo you play for the "Pure Result".  Only excuse left is officiating. The Fabulous Fargo Dome is indeed Fabulous.
    www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

The game is pure when it is inside? There are a great many "purists" who insist that the game is only "pure" when it is played outside, that part of the challenge is to be able to play the game in whatever weather conditions come to pass. I'm not against playing indoors, I just haven't heard playing indoors described as being pure football before.

Comment

Well, theres a first time for everything.  Of course when it has to be played outside the weather has to be accepted.   It would surprise me though to find a fan, coach or player that wouldnt rather have the weather perfect unless of course they feel they need some type of advantage, an equalizer.  Inside it is perfect.  The winner will be decided by the players, coaches and what happens in the game, not what the weather is doing.  

Outdoor football is old fashioned, but of course will be with us forever.  I prefer the "Pure Result" of the indoor game but do love it outside too.
        www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Maybe we should just erase that loss to UW-La Crosse from the records because it wasn't "pure"?(Sarcastic). I'd be up for it! Anyone else? Definetely an equalizer with the weather and field conditions, but must still give them credit because they played well.

Comment

Considering the history of football and many of the players, I would say that outdoor football is the purest form. The vast majority of the players start playing when they are really young and are playing outdoors on grass at their city facilities. Of course the Fargo Dome is pure for the Bison as they practice there and prepare for all their home games on turf vs. grass as most of their opponents do. This gives them an upper advantage, hence the great home record. At times it is not fun to sit in the cold and wind that may come from outdoor football, but it can also make for great games. I will take outdoor football at CAS any weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SD_Theta
              Considering the history of football and many of the players, I would say that outdoor football is the purest form.  The vast majority of the players start playing when they are really young and are playing outdoors on grass at their city facilities.  Of course the Fargo Dome is pure for the Bison as they practice there and prepare for all their home games on turf vs. grass as most of their opponents do.  This gives them an upper advantage, hence the great home record. At times it is not fun to sit in the cold and wind that may come from outdoor football, but it can also make for great games.  I will take outdoor football at CAS any weekend.
              The Bison rarely practice in the Fargodome, or inside at all for that matter.

Comment

it'll be just like 1990 again with the cold being a factor. i am excited to get that chance again.....and bring the marker back for the 3rd time in a row.

Comment

Working...
                X