SDSU/NDSU to Gateway???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU/NDSU to Gateway???

How about we put faith in our administrators to weigh the cost/benefit analysis of spending the money for travel versus not being in the Gateway. That is exactly why they are in the positions they are in. If they feel it is worth the x-amount of dollars to get us into the Gateway, then they'll do it.

I think this paying for other teams travel is not nearly as big of an issue as some may think. One school brought up this as a concern...it doesn't mean that it is even going to be a requirement of acceptance. That hasn't been publicly stated either way.

Comment

All kinds of excitement and now the lull, feels like a giant hang-over.

Comment

Good things come to those who wait.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I guess I'm siding with JD again. None of the language that came out of the meeting was a suprise to me and I interpret things as positive for SDSU right now. Remember, the representation of each individual institution in the Gateway have an agenda. They want that agenda heard and respected just as SDSU wants fair consideration for admission to the conference. Just and observation from someone with some experience, narcism can cause a person to interpret things in a fastly different fashion than intended. Some of our friends up north seem to have that problem. Don't let it get to you. I await an official announcement of the Gateway's intentions in the near future.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am just doing some vote counting in my own mind and the below thoughts seem to be constantly surfacing. Since the President of Youngstown is president of the Gateway President's council, I noted he did not offer a motion to consider an expansion vote. This leads me to the next question.

Where does Youngstown stand on the expansion? SDSU played the Penquins about a half of dozen times during the 1970's. They should know where Brookings is located, but I suspect because they appear to be the greatest distance from the Dakotas, they can not be too overwhelmed with the idea of travel.

If we have the three Illinois schools voting positive based on their acquaintance of President Chicoine, it seems like all we need is to win over UNI and Missouri State to get to five favorable votes. Indiana State for various reasons seems the coolest to the idea of expansion into the Dakotas, and Youngstown appears to be very quiet.

I think as the week unfolds, we may find some answers as to what the Gateway Presidents have in mind in terms of expansion. It does look good and since neither AD or President from XDSU's appear to be looking for the panic buttion, I think our changes are still very good. I can't imagine a Conference Commissioner calling NDSU and SDSU and inviting them to submit admission information without first talking with all the presidents of the current Gateway. The lady in charge would be embarrassed if she had not tried to get a take on their voting direction.

Comment

My sources tell me that were both going to be in the Gateway.

Comment

A bold statement?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                  A bold statement?
                  A VERY bold statement. You better be right.

Comment

My hunch about Youngstown is that they are in favor of admitting the xDSUs (they did agree to a home-and-home with us), but they aren't going to be vocal because 1) they are the newest member in the conference and 2) the President likely doesn't want to be seen as pushing the membership into a decision.

The presidents likely want to look over their own instiutional numbers (seeing the difference between a 7 and 9-team conference) and confirm that adding the xDSUs to the Gateway will be the best for their own school. Once every school is certain that they can live with us in the conference and any necessary financial considerations are determined, they'll make the vote official. (Even though you only need five votes, a unanimous vote is almost necessary in order to maintain the existing membership......)

I'm still confident that we'll get into the Gateway as long as the presidents don't delay past the Ides of March......

Comment

I think they just want to get a few more details figured out like the entrance fee and exit fee if they decide to bolt. Your buddies from the north are going crazy about this, while its a basic business deal to me. Schools have heard from the XDSU presidents now, plus got the information packets, now its time to go study it over and make the right decision with all members going the same way.

Comment

I think they just want to get a few more details figured out like the entrance fee and exit fee if they decide to bolt. Your buddies from the north are going crazy about this, while its a basic business deal to me. Schools have heard from the XDSU presidents now, plus got the information packets, now its time to go study it over and make the right decision with all members going the same way.
                        Those buddies of ours to the north like to think pretty highly of themselves from time to time. In their minds if there is any money to be paid it should be to them, because they're a pretty big deal. Some of them are like that anyways, not all. I will be waiting patiently for the Gateway schools to dot their t's and cross their i's.

Comment

Those buddies of ours to the north like to think pretty highly of themselves from time to time. In their minds if there is any money to be paid it should be to them, because they're a pretty big deal. Some of them are like that anyways, not all. I will be waiting patiently for the Gateway schools to dot their t's and cross their i's.
                          It could also be that since NDSU is currently the stronger program with more attendance they are playing bad cop and trying to position both of us to pay less when we enter the Gateway. I can't imagine they'd made that statement without talking to SDSU administrators. Rather than imagine NDSU is too full of itself, I'm going to view it as our partners looking out for both of us.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It could also be that since NDSU is currently the stronger program with more attendance they are playing bad cop and trying to position both of us to pay less when we enter the Gateway. I can't imagine they'd made that statement without talking to SDSU administrators. Rather than imagine NDSU is too full of itself, I'm going to view it as our partners looking out for both of us.
                            I said some, not all, and by no means referring to the administration. Check out Bison board. Some have called scrapping the Gateway and just finding a Bowl series conference. The WAC-Attack! Let's not kid ourselves, alot or, but again not all, bison are full of themselves.

Comment

Those buddies of ours to the north like to think pretty highly of themselves from time to time. In their minds if there is any money to be paid it should be to them, because they're a pretty big deal.  Some of them are like that anyways, not all. I will be waiting patiently for the Gateway schools to dot their t's and cross their i's.

I said some, not all, and by no means referring to the administration. Check out Bison board. Some have called scrapping the Gateway and just finding a Bowl series conference. The WAC-Attack! Let's not kid ourselves, alot or, but again not all, bison are full of themselves.
                              Nah thats just their resident idiot Lakesbison talking out of his a$$.

Comment

I don't know what is going on with some Bison fans, they hear a little speculation and they go nuts. Really, I think both parites want to work out a fair deal. I don't think the Gateway is out to get us for all we are worth, which some seem to think. I almost think some Bison fans have never bought a car before. Its a process and the Gateway will start high(up to 500k or travel subsidies) and eventually the two parties will come to some common ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X