Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pride won't play at November games?

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    for those really interested in letting someone know your thoughts...... James.McKinney@sdstate.edu is a good way to get in touch with the mythical creature known as the band director.
    I agree with Blue on this one. Many of your arguments are well stated, but you guys are preaching to the choir. PREACH TO THE BAND INSTEAD....James.McKinney@sdstate.edu
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

B Town Jack - Sorry that you feel that the football team only shows "flashes of brilliance" every now and then,while the Pride has been a shining beacon forever.There is one difference - the football team has to compete against other D1 schools every week.If they got to line up without another team across the line of scrimmage,they might be able to meet your lofty standards.

Comment

Sorry Big Ticket, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree here. Football and marching bands go hand in hand. I know that the Pride is not part of the athletic program, but other than the Hobo Day parade, where would they be seen, other than a few appearances around the state. I think most of the students that go out for the Pride know they will be marching at games and that will be the majority of their exposure. The band is part of the day of football. From the tailgating march through to entering the stadium and playing the school song under the grandstand, it is all part of the day. If they don't want to be a part of the Jacks FB game in November, maybe they shouldn't be in September and October. Why haven't we heard from McKinney why they are not performing? I am going to be e-mailing him.

Comment

Jack4Life - I think you misunderstood my post.I agree with you.I was responding to an earlier post.

Comment

Respectful, but to the point email to McKinney = sent.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              B Town Jack - Sorry that you feel that the football team only shows "flashes of brilliance" every now and then,while the Pride has been a shining beacon forever.There is one difference - the football team has to compete against other D1 schools every week.If they got to line up without another team across the line of scrimmage,they might be able to meet your lofty standards.
              I wasn't the one who stated the football team shows "flashes of brillance." It was jackrabit1 that stated that and my post was a negative response to that. I'll let this be your lesson learned as you seem to be a new member. Welcome and post away!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                Sorry Big Ticket, but I am going to have to respectfully disagree here. Football and marching bands go hand in hand.
                As I said a few months ago, without the Rose Bowl football game, there is no Rose Bowl parade. Plain and simple.

Comment

Jack4Life - I think you misunderstood my post.I agree with you.I was responding to an earlier post.
                  Sorry, and I really like you now that you agree with me. Welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
                    As I said a few months ago, without the Rose Bowl football game, there is no Rose Bowl parade. Plain and simple.
                    Ahh...and it is all summed up in one great post!!!!!!!!

Comment

I sent my email to the prez. David.Chicoine@sdstate.edu

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        I agree with Blue on this one. Many of your arguments are well stated, but you guys are preaching to the choir. PREACH TO THE BAND INSTEAD....James.McKinney@sdstate.edu
                        Already sent mine to Mr. McKinney...

Comment

I just watched "We are Marshall" over the weekend... a very touching story about a football team that had to deal with DEVASTATING adversity.

Got me thinking about the band situation....

If the worst thing that happens to this athetic program is that the marching band won't play two games in November, we should consider ourselves DAMN LUCKY!!!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I just got done with a letter to:
                            collegian.news@gmail.com

I guess we'll have to see if it's newsworthy.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Sorry about the mis-quote.Just got a little excited when someone's effort and commitment seemed to be questioned because of their won-lost record.

Comment

Sorry about the mis-quote.Just got a little excited when someone's effort and commitment seemed to be questioned because of their won-lost record.
                                Kinda like questioning the committment of the band and its members?
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X