Nike deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nike deal

I know for a fact that the boys are very happy with the new uniforms. They wanted the Traditional/Old School look. They did not want flashy. Personally I would have liked to see a stripe or something, but I am not the one wearing them. They will look very good on the field this fall.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

After some looking, I like the unis... sharp! CLEAN! Not like those monstrosities you'd see with some schools (Oregon, anyone?)

One minor thing. The away unis have the nice blue access stripe around the collar and sleeves... why not a yelllow access stripe for the home unis? I think that'd look sharp, without being TOO distracting.

And Oregon? I literally get a headache every time I see that!
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I love these new uni's. Really sharp looking, tight fit. You can really tell the better quality in fabric with nike compared to whoever we used to have. Now we just need to work on that logo thats on the helmet.

Comment

Best looking helmets in the FCS...in my opinion of course !!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80

Go Jacks!!
            I agree 100%. I love the current helmets.

Go State!!
            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by propar80

Go Jacks!!
              Still not a big fan of the unies, but I certainly agree with you in that I really like our helmet.

Comment

This is not directly related, but ... what is the story on the new rabbit/logo? I know there were three finalists and that, after some consideration, the school decided to open the selection process to people who wanted to basically enter their designs. Anything new? Is there a timeline in place? Anybody? Bueller? Anyone?

Comment

I too like last years uniforms with the stiching on the shoulder pads, but if the players had imput and they settled on this version so be it.  

Comment

Originally posted by jivebunny
                    This is not directly related, but ... what is the story on the new rabbit/logo? I know there were three finalists and that, after some consideration, the school decided to open the selection process to people who wanted to basically enter their designs. Anything new? Is there a timeline in place? Anybody? Bueller? Anyone?

We have a thread dedicated to this topic, this should help:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1177610068

Go State!

Comment

Contract with Nike gets new gear for athletes and fans

Football, basketball and volleyball are the first varsity teams to wear new Nike uniforms.

Brittany Westerberg

This year, the men of SDSU football are putting on new uniforms whenever they get ready to go out on the field.

As part of a five-year agreement with Nike, which was signed in February of this year, the football, volleyball and men's and women's basketball teams will be the first sports at SDSU to wear new jerseys. The new uniform deal will soon "…trickle down to other sports," said Sports Information Director Jason Hove.

The new SDSU football jerseys are made of porthole mesh fabric, which is both durable and form fitting. The team has a choice of what colors to wear during a game. They have both a white and a blue jersey and blue and yellow pants. The team plans to wear the blue jerseys with yellow pants for most home games, and select games (like the Hobo Day game) will see them wearing the blue jerseys with the blue pants. During games on the road, the Jackrabbits will wear the white jerseys with either the blue or yellow pants.

"I like them a lot," senior offensive lineman Dusty LeBrun said. "I think they're really nice. They fit a lot tighter … and the bigger masks won't be as hot. It seems like everybody really likes them."

SDSU had previously contracted with Wilson Sporting Goods. Hove said that this deal with Nike has been in the works for at least a couple years.

Hove also said that having new uniforms from Nike, which he said were "very similar to Michigan," would help the recruiting process. "There's something about being affiliated with major companies that recruits would look at," he said.

Not only does the agreement provide for new uniforms for athletics, but it also means that some of that new apparel will be available for purchase in the bookstore.

The bookstore is now able to carry the same gear and styles the coaches and other sideline personnel will be wearing so that "…any fans who want to wear what the coaches are wearing can," said Bookstore Manager Derek Peterson. "It's available at the store."
                      Read more here http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-2964212.shtml

In the Coach Stig thread I asked how I could get a shirt like Merriam was wearing, which is the same shirt Stig was wearing in the Week 1 interview on "Jackrabbit Extra". This article answers that question by stating that all of the Nike shirts the coaches are wearing on the sidelines are available at the Bookstore. Now I went on line to check this out and they don't have any of them on the website. I guess you can only buy them in person at the Bookstore. My parents are going to a football game in Brookings in a few weeks, maybe I can convince my Mom to buy some shirts for me as a Christmas present.

So for those of you going to the games this weekend, check out the Bookstore for the new shirts, jackets, hats etc...

Go State!!!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Yes the bookstore does have a rack of Nike Polos. I didn't analyze them closely enough to determine if they were exactly like the ones the coaches wear or not. The bookstore does have some nice looking clothes right now.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                          Yes the bookstore does have a rack of Nike Polos. I didn't analyze them closely enough to determine if they were exactly like the ones the coaches wear or not. The bookstore does have some nice looking clothes right now.
                          what are the bookstores hours tomorrow?

Comment

Sat, Sep 15, 12:30pm - 4:30pm Bookstore hours
                            We...ARE...STATE!
                            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

If you go there on Monday after a home game, it's called touchdown Monday. For each touchdown the Jacks score during the game, they take 5% off the clothes up until 30%. Sounds like a good deal to me. I was flipping through my schedule and noticed it in my handbook. I don't know for sure if it's only for students but it would be worth the wait to find some good deals. I'm in college, I'm poor...

Comment

Up to 30% or 25%..depending on the day

Comment

Working...
                                X