Dakota Marker game on FSN  .  .  .  may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN *. *. *. *may

Your AD needs to get grip on reality and realize that exposure is worth more then a few bucks in ticket sales. NBC ND and SD came to SDSU and proposed to put the game on statewide and your AD said it would cost 30K for broadcast rights. I guess that amount is outlandish according to a media person in Fargo, he really blasted your AD on the radio. They wouldn't even let the NBC station broadcast it to only ND. I also think FSN is out of the equation, I doubt SDSU will pay to put the game on if they want TV stations in ND and SD to pay 30k for the game.

Comment

I hope it gets worked out soon because I think there would be very little affect on attendance by it being on TV.

You can't tailgate in the living room! I am already looking forward to the NDSU game!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        I hope it gets worked out soon because I think there would be very little affect on attendance by it being on TV.

You can't tailgate in the living room! I am already looking forward to the NDSU game!

SUPERBUNNY
        I don't get it either, there should be a lot of fans at this game regardless of it being on tv. You would think it would the type of game SDSU would want the entire region to see. The atmosphere should be great and would do nothing but positive things for both schools. Also if the rivalry is going to grow I think it needs to be on in at least both SD and ND.

I'm also looking forward to the game, me and a couple of friends are going to make the trip this year.

Comment

If SDSU turned down FSN, it is very possible FSN won't be interested in any SDSU sports in the future. That would really be a shame. You need to start building relationships with the media.

Will this game be webcast? It doesn't show up on gobison.com. Do I need to buy it through the SDSU website?

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
            If SDSU turned down FSN, it is very possible FSN won't be interested in any SDSU sports in the future. That would really be a shame. You need to start building relationships with the media.

Will this game be webcast? It doesn't show up on gobison.com. Do I need to buy it through the SDSU website?
            Interesting...to see the Bison posters jumping on our board to decry the fact that the NDSU-SDSU game will not be on TV. Why would they care...I'm sure they are part of the thousands who are going to come down to Brookings for the game...right?

First of all, not a one of them, and I suspect a lot of our own posters, know what goes on in deciding an issue like this. If NDSU had been interested in guaranteeing attendance at the game by buying a big block of tickets, the talks may have progressed further. And finally, the last straw came when FSN wanted to move the game to 3 p.m. They obviously didn't care what that did to our gate for the day, nor the problems it caused with our men's basketball playing Montana that evening. Anyway, it's off, so the Bison posters as well as our own can keep posting on this thread if they want to keep kicking a dead horse.

Meantime, if a windy cold snowy day happens to come along on Nov. 17, and attendance lags significantly because of the weather, Jack fans everywhere can watch it via the video feed. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              Interesting...to see the Bison posters jumping on our board to decry the fact that the NDSU-SDSU game will not be on TV. Why would they care...I'm sure they are part of the thousands who are going to come down to Brookings for the game...right?

First of all, not a one of them, and I suspect a lot of our own posters, know what goes on in deciding an issue like this. If NDSU had been interested in guaranteeing attendance at the game by buying a big block of tickets, the talks may have progressed further. And finally, the last straw came when FSN wanted to move the game to 3 p.m. They obviously didn't care what that did to our gate for the day, nor the problems it caused with our men's basketball playing Montana that evening. Anyway, it's off, so the Bison posters as well as our own can keep posting on this thread if they want to keep kicking a dead horse.

Meantime, if a windy cold snowy day happens to come along on Nov. 17, and attendance lags significantly because of the weather, Jack fans everywhere can watch it via the video feed. GO JACKS!!!

I'll be going to game and I'm sure many others will be as well but there are alot of people back in ND that will want to see this game who can't make the trip. SDSU is supposed to be our rival and rivalry games like this are supposed to be shown on TV. I have a lot of respect for your AD but I think he is wrong here. SDSU should be able to sell this game, you shouldn't need NDSU to have to do it for you(gauranteeing attendance). Also this is beyond FSN, your AD also turned away statewide coverage on ND and SD NBC tv networks.

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . . may

I suspect that we have not heard the entire story of what was proposed by whom and I know that we haven't heard any official numbers. Personally, I think SDSU should have done what ever it could to get the game on, but everybody needs to remember there are some things that they can't do (run into the BB game for one).

I really wish that it could get on TV because I can't be at the game, but will have access to cable or over the air broadcast and would LOVE to watch it.

Wants and needs. Wants and needs.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . . may

SDSU was close to inking a deal with Keloland over the past season... maybe when SDSU backed out there was a verbal agreement saying that unless they were getting so much for a game they couldn't broadcast it...... I do think that SDSU should try to get the game on.... FSN or Keloland (I get those channels out in the northern hills) but until the full story is explained I would hate to speculate

Comment

Where was the game from Fargo last year? I couldnt get it statewide here in SD. The deal with KELO was scraped because of the new conference contracts I beleive?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                      Where was the game from Fargo last year? I couldnt get it statewide here in SD. The deal with KELO was scraped because of the new conference contracts I beleive?
                      I think with the conference getting into a contract SDSU wanted to see what it meant until a deal went out... they didn't want to promise KELO a game and then have to scrap it because the conference had that game televised already.... If KELO wanted to broadcast it it would be the best chance...... but they already got contracts with Augie and USD

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        I'll be going to game and I'm sure many others will be as well but there are alot of people back in ND that will want to see this game who can't make the trip. SDSU is supposed to be our rival and rivalry games like this are supposed to be shown on TV. I have a lot of respect for your AD but I think he is wrong here. SDSU should be able to sell this game, you shouldn't need NDSU to have to do it for you(gauranteeing attendance). Also this is beyond FSN, your AD also turned away statewide coverage on ND and SD NBC tv networks.
                        In a perfect world this game would be on statewide television in both states. There are good reasons that it likely won't. Our athletic director is going to make decisions that are best for SDSU.

1. Historically SDSUs football attendance has dropped dramatically after Hobo Day. If it 20 degrees and the wind is blowing several fans will stay home and watch it on TV. Right, wrong or indifferent that is fact. If they are not from the Brookings area, there is little chance that if they stay home they will not go to the basketball game that night.

2. $30,000 sounds like a lot of money, but it is only 2500 fans at $12/GA ticket.

I trust our athletic department will make the right decision. Before you Bison fans cast stones, the last 2 years when the game was in Fargo no TV.
                        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                          Where was the game from Fargo last year? I couldnt get it statewide here in SD.
                          Last year NDSU had a tv deal with WDAY in Fargo so it was only up to them if the game was televised and they picked two other games. Now NDSU has taken its media in house and thus has more control and can either let a network like NBC televise the game or buy tv time from a network like FSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
                            In a perfect world this game would be on statewide television in both states. There are good reasons that it likely won't. Our athletic director is going to make decisions that are best for SDSU.

1. Historically SDSUs football attendance has dropped dramatically after Hobo Day. If it 20 degrees and the wind is blowing several fans will stay home and watch it on TV. Right, wrong or indifferent that is fact. If they are not from the Brookings area, there is little chance that if they stay home they will not go to the basketball game that night.
                            I understand what your saying but sometimes you have to roll the dice a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              I understand what your saying but sometimes you have to roll the dice a bit.
                              We haven't had any problems with the way our AD handles the job and knows when to hold 'em or fold 'em. As I said in an earlier post, the decision has been made and I don't see anything happening to change that. Bison fans will need to make the trek if they want to see the game, or they can buy it and watch it on the internet. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                We haven't had any problems with the way our AD handles the job and knows when to hold 'em or fold 'em. As I said in an earlier post, the decision has been made and I don't see anything happening to change that. Bison fans will need to make the trek if they want to see the game, or they can buy it and watch it on the internet. End of story.
                                I agree totally. If you look back at the record, our AD and his staff have made the right call again and again during this process.

I'd give you some rep points, but I just gave you some yesterday and I have to spread it around before I can give you any more.

One thing I might add: It was mentioned earlier that NDSU has the ability in-house to produce this kind of event. SDSU does not. It's something we should be working towards, but right now we simply don't have the facilities (in particular, a satellite uplink or easy access to one) or personnel to do it. I know the administration is aware of these needs. It's just a matter of time.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X