2008 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Recruits

Also got to look at Nebraska alot of recruits are re opening there recruitment because of the problems with the program.... I'm not sure where it was it might of been ESPN not sure they interviewed Callahan and he said something like 4 kids have already reopened there recruitment and he is having problems with recruiting because of the fact Callahan can't give them reasurement that he will be along... My opinion on this is that they would loose alot of those boarder line BCS recruits because a coach is giving them the reasurment that they will have a spot on the team.... because a 5 star recruit is going to play either way at a college compared to a 1 or 2 star recruit.... just my 2 cents....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      O'Brien looks like a great recruit. ... With the Gophers latest upturn in optimism lasting only half a season, there might be a lot of other talented Minnesotans who would look good in an SDSU uniform.
      His arm strength and accuracy has been fun to watch the last two years. He throws an amazing deep ball.

I hope he has a great career at SDSU. Will be fun watching him the rest of the football season, and then watch him dominate on the pitching mound again. He's a great pitcher as well, has been cotters ace.

Comment

This is great to hear. An extremely accurate QB is a nasty weapon (think UNI this year), especially with the stud fat guys up front that we seem to have every season, which will give him lots of time to pick DB's apart. Hopefully we pick up another gem wide receiver or two for him throw at.

Comment

Originally posted by winonaguy View Post
          His arm strength and accuracy has been fun to watch the last two years. He throws an amazing deep ball.

I hope he has a great career at SDSU. Will be fun watching him the rest of the football season, and then watch him dominate on the pitching mound again. He's a great pitcher as well, has been cotters ace.
          Sounds to me maybe a little like Brad Nelson...he threw the prettiest deep ball I have seen at SDSU, and could get on a roll and seem not to miss a receiver for a whole game. Wasn't Brad from the Winona area too, maybe somebody could give a comparison.

I hope he has some athleticism as well, and it maybe sounds like that will develop as he gets older as he is only 17. From talking with people it sounds like he was receiving heavy interest (I believe offers) from NDSU and Montana, so I like the company we are keeping there. Much better than recruiting against Mankato and St. Cloud.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Sounds to me maybe a little like Brad Nelson...he threw the prettiest deep ball I have seen at SDSU, and could get on a roll and seem not to miss a receiver for a whole game. Wasn't Brad from the Winona area too, maybe somebody could give a comparison.

I hope he has some athleticism as well, and it maybe sounds like that will develop as he gets older as he is only 17. From talking with people it sounds like he was receiving heavy interest (I believe offers) from NDSU and Montana, so I like the company we are keeping there. Much better than recruiting against Mankato and St. Cloud.
            Brad is from Winona. If this kid is as good as Brad was we'll be in for a treat. Brad lead us past NDSU in the beef bowl in 2004. I was sitting in a bar in Rochester, MN where we arranged to have the game broadcast. I think there were about 40 NDSU fans and 20 SDSU fans. When we came back to win I couldn't contain my excitment. It was great. Brad has been battling lymphoma/leukemia I hope he is doing well.

Here is a link to the GWFC release regarding that game.

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...101004aab.html
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Brad is from Winona. If this kid is as good as Brad was we'll be in for a treat. Brad lead us past NDSU in the beef bowl in 2004. I was sitting in a bar in Rochester, MN where we arranged to have the game broadcast. I think there were about 40 NDSU fans and 20 SDSU fans. When we came back to win I couldn't contain my excitment. It was great. Brad has been battling lymphoma/leukemia I hope he is doing well.

Here is a link to the GWFC release regarding that game.

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...101004aab.html
              http://www.argusleader.com/gallery/2...u/images/5.jpg
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I noticed that Marcel Jones's picture was added to the Cal Poly game program, so it appears he is still on board and hopefully learning our system. If he has stepped in and ran the scout team successfully that says a great deal to me. The scout QB helps the Defense prepare for the next game, and judging from the last two games, I think D has stepped up a little more each game. Emulation of the next opponent makes or breaks Defense success in practice in my opinion.

Jones should proved to be a good back up for Berry's final year unless some of the others are more diverse in talent. Add O'Brien to the depth chart and we should be set at this position. It never hurts to have too many QB's. I would like to think OBrien is a real a catch, but we need to find out down the road. I suspect there are a bunch offers on the table to Seniors who have not acted and its understandable. Each prospect needs to look at all the offers and then decide. In O Brien's case, it apparently it was not a hard decision.

Comment

Add Danny Isaacson to the list, http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...43/1135/SPORTS

Issacson, scheduled for surgery Nov. 15, still has a bright future. He plans to be back as a sprinter for spring track season, and he remains a coveted college football prospect.

Augustana appears to be the favorite - if only because Isaacson's brothers, Chris and Ryan, suit up for the Vikings. But North Dakota State and South Dakota State have also expressed interest.

Comment

Another article on O'Brien.

http://winonaradio.com/localsports/v...93402052,32060,

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      Don't want to bad mouth a possible recruit but I think Augie is probably a better fit for Isaacson. He had a great season last year with a line that would have made anyone look great. This year, not much above average. I do wish him well in his recovery.

Comment

I believe there is 2 big linemen from Brookings HS that Stig is impressed with. But their names have slipped my mind, 1bunnies might know who I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                          OK, so if Preston is gone, does anyone know of any other SD kids that SDSU is interested in for the class of 2008?
                          Now that the season is over I was wondering if anyone had any new information on the above quote?

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            I believe there is 2 big linemen from Brookings HS that Stig is impressed with. But their names have slipped my mind, 1bunnies might know who I'm talking about.
                            Yes. I know who you are referring to, but they are only juniors and have a year of Bobcat football left.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              Now that the season is over I was wondering if anyone had any new information on the above quote?
                              I think there are a lot of kids interested its whether SDSU is interested in them..... I think signing day will bring a few surprises but doesn't every signing day?

Comment

Any news on anyone verballing? It seems like it's been quiet. Any recruits anyone knows about? Who has verballed for this recruiting class?

This is the only person I know of:

Thomas O'Brien of Winona, MN

Comment

Working...
                                X